PDA

View Full Version : It's starting :)

RAD7atmosphere
07-20-2009, 09:19 PM
As soon as it arrives in the mail, I will have my own copy of the 3.5E handbook (Which up till now I've been borrowing), the Tomes and Blood book, and I already have the Races of The Dragon book. So my next goal is to get a Monster Manual and a Dungeon Masters Guide.

How long did it take some of you to get a pretty big collection of books?

cpljarhead
07-20-2009, 11:38 PM
my collection is starting to show now and i have been locating and buying books for the past year. now i have around 50 books and still not even close to having all 3.0 or 3.5 ed books

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-21-2009, 12:37 AM
I collected everything 3.5 and it took me a few years to do it. I gave it all away to a good friend who is a hardcore 3.5 fan, so i know those books will see some action. Since the release of 4.0, i've decided to only collect great modules, classic modules, and Hackmaster stuff, as far as dnd is concerned.

There are many reasons why i stopped collecting, but the biggest was 4E. I felt it was pushed out too early, and after all that i spent on 3.5, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Please understand, i am not bashing 4E, just the fact that they should have let 3.5 exist a bit longer.

Webhead
07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Wow! When I think of all the money I spent on RPG books...

Of course, Star Wars D6 is my largest single collection with some 48 books at last count, but I've bought and sold so many game books that it makes my head spin. My current shelf probably really only accounts for half the number of books I've bought since discovering the hobby.

And even my collection positively pales in comparison to others who frequent these boards...

Edit: Doing a quick count, I seem to be in current posession of a total of 122 total hard-bound RPG books and boxed sets. That's down from selling off all of my D&D 3.0, Star Wars d20, GURPS, Original Deadlands, Shadowrun and oWoD stuff, plus miscellaneous other books. I'm trying to prune my collection back more to games I really love and will actually run someday. About 30 of that 122 are slated for liquidation.

Then there's all the PDF copy books that I have. I don't feel like counting those up right now...

Deadone
07-21-2009, 06:08 AM
I have about 35 books but my one friend Paul aka Dark has 2 whole upper rooms filled with shelves and tables with painted minituresf. He has the original Chainmail behind a glass case.

RAD7atmosphere
07-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Wow, I really just realized how long and expensive getting all the 3.5 is gonna be... Gameshops around here don't carry em, half-priced books is a good resource but you can never really completely rely on them b/c its a used book store with a changing inventory everyday. I threw the idea of getting into some other games a lil later on. I wanted to try 2.0 also but one of my friends doesn't want to. Which other games (D&D different edition or even a whole nother game all together) do you all suggest?

KylePhillipsFTW
07-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, I really just realized how long and expensive getting all the 3.5 is gonna be... Gameshops around here don't carry em, half-priced books is a good resource but you can never really completely rely on them b/c its a used book store with a changing inventory everyday. I threw the idea of getting into some other games a lil later on. I wanted to try 2.0 also but one of my friends doesn't want to. Which other games (D&D different edition or even a whole nother game all together) do you all suggest?

Get Star Wars Saga Edition. We're going to end up playing that eventually.

RAD7atmosphere
07-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Okie dokey, I think ima just look at half priced books and get whatever has the closest to a full set XD

templeorder
07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow, i cannot even say with accuracy. Obviously i've been building since DnD days, and right now i'm getting rid of many of my collection books - just not enough interest or room for them. Still keeping all my 1.0 first edition books though...

Never bought any 4e books, dumping my 3e+ collection to friends who collect, etc.

outrider
07-21-2009, 11:36 PM
I limited my 3.5 purchases to non world specific stuff and still have too many books.

cigamnogard
07-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I have just lately gotten into buying Eberron - before they are gone forever!

CEBedford
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I sold all my 3.5 stuff and then caught the Pathfinder bug. It's actually a good thing though, I'll just run a pure Pathfinder game. Saves on back pain and prep work. :biggrin:

Farcaster
07-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I'll just run a pure Pathfinder game. Saves on back pain and prep work. :biggrin:

I dunno about that. Have you seen the page count on the new core rule book? :cool:

CEBedford
07-23-2009, 11:48 PM
I dunno about that. Have you seen the page count on the new core rule book? :cool:

I'm definitely doing some stretches before I go pick it up on the 13th.

Ishcumbeebeeda
07-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I have pretty much every 3.5 book whose existence I've become aware of on PDF. Mostly from limewire, but from various file hosting websites as well. (If anyone is interested in getting a hold of any 3.5 PDF I'd be happy to link them to one, assuming I can find it. Just PM me.)

Wulvaine
07-28-2009, 03:33 AM
I only have PDFs of the games I play; save one hardbound M&M 1E that hasn't been taken off the shelf since I got the PDF of 2E.

The only downside to the PDFs is that I don't have a laptop, and so I just have to play based on memory and what the DM/GM tells me. :p