PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Realms

Bargren Timnath
07-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Welcome Players!

I am beginning a new D&D 3.5 Ed campaign. I plan to run sessions on Saturday evenings twice a month. I'm a 30 year old guy with a wife and two kids so I can't run the game every week. I might be able to do extra sessions here and there. If Friday evenings work out better for everyone involved, then I can do that. Also, if it makes it easier on people I don't mind rotating locations if others would like to host sessions occasionally.

I like to run games with good mix of roleplay and action. I'll be starting off with something straightforward (such as the Scourge of the Howling Horde) and branching off on my own campaigns from there. I like to tailor my games to where the group feels most comfortable.

If someone would really rather be the DM and can handle it, I'm willing to let them do it. I'm glad to have new players join, and they don't have to feel intimidated! I'm happy to teach people more about this great game! I do want players to have access to their own players handbook and read as much of it as they can.

Let me know if you're interested and feel free to ask questions! Look forward to seeing you all!

- Bargren

gyrhawk
07-21-2009, 09:19 AM
I would be interested twice a month would probably be good for me anyways as I am married as well and will be in college. The summers I am the most free, but I work full time. Would you be interested in using skype instead and maybe maptools? I've just started checking out the map tools and I think there is a lot of potential there. Tried Klooge in the past, but it takes a lot of time to run a game there and as a result hasn't been real popular. I might be able to round up a few other people to play in this game. Used to have a group of friends from High School, but we have all moved to different parts of the country for school and careers. Let me know what times would be good. I'm thinking not too late...ie midnight eastern time?

-gyrhawk

P.S. I have a question is this game going to be hosted online or in person? For some reason I took for granted this would be an online game because I found it in a search for online campaigns. If its in person I'm out, if its online im in. Thanks!

sirtwist2
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Greetings,

I am interested, but I'm looking for a game that my 12 year old son could join me in (he will be 13 in August). Do you have any interest in having a teen play in your game?

I have some experience as a player, I played a little quite awhile ago and have been in a group for almost 2 years. My son has little to no experience. He has sat in in a couple of sessions in the group I'm in and he and I have played two small adventures that I very poorly DM'd!

The twice a month format would work well for us. I might be able to occasionally host, would have to discuss that with the boss! :-)

Let me know!

Barry

Bargren Timnath
07-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the interest so far!

@ gyrhawk: Unfortunately, this will not be an online game. See you inbox for more details.

@ Sirtwist2: Thanks for the reply! See your inbox for further info.

Bargren Timnath
07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Just bumping this thread for a last call for players -

Our group will be having our first session this Saturday Aug 1st. Anyone else that wants to join just send me a quick pm. We could take on 2 more people.

Thanks!

dethmiayr
08-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Myself and fiance are looking for a game. We can play Friday or Saturday. We can also host when needed. I have been a longtime player and a DM for a few years so I don't mind doing either.

wlessard
12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Is this game still open for players?

Rompastomp
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Are you still running games? I'm interested in finding a group for d&d, as i can't make the times for my old group 8(. I can dm occasionally and be a player!