PDA

View Full Version : Chicago, IL new group

Gethsemane
01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey everybody,
I have a couple of buddies that hinted to me that they play D&D. So I've been trying to get them together to meet each other and start a regular game on the north side of Chicago. We haven't met yet, but we will within the next couple of weeks here. We're looking for one or two more people to join us(my dream is to have a group of five). One of us has never played but wanted to- having nobody to play with when he was younger. Several of us have played, but not in v3.5 so we're learning it. I don't have details on campaign, etc because we haven't determined that, but we do know that we'd like to have a little meet-and-greet first. Then we'll play some one-shot adventures to get our feet under us with the new rules. From there, who knows? Home brew, Savage Tide Adventure Path?

So if you're looking for a mature group of gamers who won't intimidate beause we're learning a new system, post here and I'll be in touch or email me at waiter_for_hire@hotmail.com and put "PenandPaperGames Member" in the subject.

Gethsemane
01-14-2007, 11:35 AM
We had our meet-and-greet last night, and it went great. We hung out for longer than intended, which is a good sign to me. Seven excellent ppl attending, a few that wanted to be there but couldn't make it, and two (yes, two)games set to start.

We had a few people interested in games outside of D&D, so these games are likely going to experiment with some other genres. It's all still very nebulous, we'll be trying different games, different mixes of people, and different nights of the week until we all get settled in. I'm pretty excited.

Farcaster
01-14-2007, 11:59 AM
7+ players? Wow! You're going to have your hands full.

Gethsemane
01-14-2007, 01:27 PM
It's not so bad. The first game has five total showing up for it, and the second has six. I figure with attrition and adult schedule being what they are, we'll have smaller numbers once people settle into a system and GM they like. And everyone understands that third and fourth games might emerge as people find those who like what they like. I just liked throwing a big group of people together and seeing how many would work well with each other. I almost want to do an experiement; a version of two-minute dating, but for gamers... two-minute gaming.
You get a snap shot of their style, personality, likes, etc... Hmmm...

Gethsemane
02-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Update: We've made a Google group for our players called the Chicago RPG Nexus. You can find it here:
http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-area-rpg-nexus/
Don't want to siphon membership from you, Farcaster, really. The gang just wanted a better way to email everybody, and this is what happened. So we have our own little page for Chicago players. We're up to 21 members, we're running three games (one on Friday night, and two on Monday night) and there's a lonely DM wandering around looking for players to set up a fourth. Drop by and see what there is to see.

Gethsemane
02-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey all,
I've got a Monday night game (that happens to be meeting tomorrow night for one time only) looking for one more player. We thought we had one, but it turns out he doesn't want a weeknight game. Anyone interested?

We're playing the Savage Tide adventure path from dungeon, still on the first module. Other characters include a human paladin, gnome cleric, human scout, human wizard. They could use a rogue or someone who can do a few of those rogue-only-type things. Start time on mondays is 6ish until 10:30/11pm.

Drop me a line if you're interested. waiter_for_hire at hotmail dot com I'd love to get the new player in by tomorrow night if at all possible.