PDA

View Full Version : Twitter me this, Twitter me that...

Farcaster
07-17-2009, 09:36 AM
So, I am going to experiment with Twitter. In this case, I suppose I am a late adopter in the face of main stream sites and organizations who have already been taken up in the Twitter frenzy. I'll be using this feed to give updates about things that I am currently working on for the site, share micro-news, and to tell you about anything else exciting that I may have going on.

You can start following me now at: http://twitter.com/pnpg

Bob the Dalek
07-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Done and dusted, welcome to the fold!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Don't know enough about it. What would yours get us, updates for P&PG?

Farcaster
07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, basically I'll just be using it to give updates on things that are going on that aren't by themselves worthy of a formal announcement. You'll also get some of an inside scoop of things that I am working on for the site that I may not otherwise mention here.

I am thinking of making use of it also while I am at GenCon to do more frequent updates during the day and then expound on the day's events in the evening.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Sure, Farcaster, i'll give it a go.

On second thought, maybe not, for someone took my user name. I really can't take on any more user names than i have right now. Oh well. It's just becoming difficult to keep track.

Best of luck with the twittering, if that's even a real word. :confused:

Freejack
07-17-2009, 07:25 PM
I'd be more interested in Facebook than Twitter. I have accounts with both but Facebook has a client for my Blackberry.

Carl

Bob the Dalek
07-17-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd be more interested in Facebook than Twitter. I have accounts with both but Facebook has a client for my Blackberry.

Carl

Simply text your tweet to 40404 and it hits our feeds. I've been doing RP there for one of my other hobbies.

Also there is a thing called twitterberry, says my wife.

ronpyatt
07-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Excellent choice! Facebook is okay, but twitter is ideal for keeping followers informed.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 05:30 PM
OH NO! More people claimed by the faceless monster that is slowly becoming self aware....Twitter!

Slipstream
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I killed my account this past Spring after nine months of use. Never looked back. Just not my thing.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I have yet to join that site. I am not really interested in Miley Cyrus waiting in line to get a mocha latte or Ashton Kutcher going to the grocery store to buy a tofurkey

drewshi
07-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Cool. I'll re-tweet anything of interest on The Chronic Rift's Twitter feed.

JessHartley
09-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I love Twitter, although I have to admit it steals more time than I'd like it to!

I'm "jesshartley" there (as well as almost everywhere else, FB/LJ/Myspace, etc.)

~jess

WhiteTiger
09-11-2009, 01:01 PM
I am a technological dinosaur. I have no cell phone and my current computer only has windows 2000 for an OS. :smash:

Farcaster
09-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Not a complete dinosaur. You're here, and you can still use Twitter with that setup. ;)

cplmac
09-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I am a technological dinosaur. I have no cell phone and my current computer only has windows 2000 for an OS. :smash:

Don't sweat it, WhiteTiger, although we have WindowsXP for an OS, our AOL access is by dialup.

As for Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, and whatever else there is or may come along, between being on P&PG and the Pittsburgh D&D Meetup over on Meetup.com, I don't really have time to deal with any of the others.

XeroDrift
09-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Twitter... another example of western culture going down the toilet, who cares what Scarlett Johansson had for breakfast or how Kathy Griffin felt three minutes after her latest facelift? Now where did I leave that Metamucil...

rylie
09-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok, I must say I hate the twitter box on the home page, I don't want to look at it, and it makes me scroll down to see my online buddies. Can we more it down or get rid of it entirely? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

GoddessGood
09-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I, for one, think twitter is helpful. As a ferinstance, I wouldn't have know that Farcaster's made the 10k members t-shirt if I hadn't seen his twitter post on it. I don't have a lot of time to peruse the forum anymore, so seeing his updates on twitter let me know when to come peek in. I'm on it, I follow Barack Obama's twitter postings, PPNG's and several of my friends. It makes me sad that I might be getting a job that doesn't allow internet access soon.

Keep it up, FC :)

Tamburlain
09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Twitter is a good idea. Additionally, I second the idea put forward by Freejack earlier about there needing to be a Facebook connection as well. Just my two cents.

Deadone
09-13-2009, 04:12 PM
I killed my account this past Spring after nine months of use. Never looked back. Just not my thing.

I whole heatedly agree I am glad to see I'm not alone.

XeroDrift
09-13-2009, 08:07 PM
and a big HUMBUG to social networking sites too...