PDA

View Full Version : #1 Blog Entries

Soft Serve
07-16-2009, 04:38 PM
OK RIGHT NOW

There is a 4 way tie.

Between me, Grimwell, and two of Nijineko's posts for first in the blogosphere here. Despite how one of mine has double the 5-star ratings, and 4 times the views of theirs.

It's because the positions go by averages of the ratings given and the highest possible average is 5.00, which can be achieved after two people vote for 5-stars on ANY post. This means someone with 18 5-stars could be 16th best to someone who posted more recently and had two of his friends put 5-star ratings up.

I am suggesting a better thread rating system. So I can have first like my rates say I should.

:)

nijineko
07-19-2009, 07:26 PM
i would be interested in finding out what the existing rating system for blogs is first, and how it works exactly before condemning it and asking for another. ^^

Soft Serve
07-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah I kinda did.

It goes ratings avg. -- views -- comments I think.

So if ratings are tied it goes to views, then if views are tied it goes to comments.

But thats still bad because the ratings avg. of a lower viewed blog is still a quick way to the best.

If something is voted 5-stars twice and has 16 views it beats something that's been voted 5-stars 99 times and 4-stared twice with 6,000 views just because the average is screwed up for that blog.

nijineko
07-25-2009, 07:10 PM
heh. sounds possible. i'll wait till farcaster weighs in before i formulate a solid opinion.