PDA

View Full Version : The Characters

Doom Crow
07-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Post your character concepts here.

Don't be afraid to be bold!

Doom Crow
08-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Post a couple of sentences here about the role your character will play in the party. You don't have to give specifics, just say whether your character falls into one of the following roles: Fighter, Rogue, Divine Spellcaster, or Arcane Spellcaster. If you're not sure which one you fit into, just list the closest fitting one.

The background details can be revealed as we play through the campaign and it's much better for other players to discover these things about your character as the game goes on. However, PM me if you haven't already and let me know the race/class of your character and what he/she did to wind up in the Ebonlands.

Also I posted a link for a Pathfinder character sheet. Fill it out and email it to me at my email address: kev dot decker at gmail.com if you haven't already. I will review it and let you know if there needs to be any changes.

Fuzzy alchemist
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Mine is an arcane caster. A necromancer to be more exact in case it makes a difference.

Azar
08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Mine is a Fighter,two Handed Weapons,and Heavy Armor.He torn between good and evil.

Arkhemedes
08-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmm. That's weird. I know I posted here what I was playing but apparently it did not get saved. Oh well.

Anyway, I am playing a duskblade. More a warrior I guess than an arcane spellcaster but not really master of either.

traesin
08-06-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm a ranger with emotional problems.

Thrush
08-06-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm a rogue who believes in the balance of the multiverse, and that the balance is somewhat dictated by fate. So this "new life" is proof of that balance and those beliefs.

Doom Crow
08-09-2009, 12:47 AM
As I had said before, the planar traits of the Ebonlands have maintained the memories of your past life while draining your abilities and experience from you. There is not the time or the patience for Lord Apoxalon's agents to find your original remains, becuase frankly he doesn't care about what you want. Instead, he has sent his agents already on Pariatas to 'collect' bodies to put your souls into.

These agents went into the streets of Droxundus, the city in which you'll arrive, and stalked several people, gathering information about them before finally abducting and killing. During their murder, a ritual was performed that bound each of their souls via the Soul Bind spell, preventing their souls from being resurrected back into their bodies. Instead, your souls will be resurrected into their bodies, and thus you shall live again, at the expense of others.

Below I will give you some brief information about the body your soul will inhabit.

Azar: Your body belongs to Yar Vashtos, a fledgling adventurer who just arrived three weeks ago from his home of Flyndhorn, seeking to begin his career.

Arkhemedes: Your body belongs to Hidan Xeron, a sorceror who was looking to start an alchemy business in Droxundus. He had been making connections among the merchant community.

Traesin: Your body belongs to Mordra Flynn, a local huntress and trapper who has been making a good living out in this teeming hunting grounds. She was known for her violent temper.

Thrush: Your body belongs to Highborn Thurman Creston, a priest of the local Church of Drendier, god of Nobility, Wealth and Good Dragons. Many members of the Noble families confided in him.

Fuzzy Alchemist: Your body belongs to Purnam Kadra, a young noble and son of Gazzan Kadra, Lord of their noble House. He was a brash partygoer that enjoyed women, drink and wild times.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
So far noone knows these people are dead. At best, they are considered missing for five days at the time you are brought into their bodies.

Doom Crow
08-29-2009, 12:49 PM
I posted in the In-Game Thread about the caste system that exists in the Khedesh Commonwealth. I will note for you how your characters fit into this system.

Yar Vashtos (Azar): Foreigner, not a citizen of the Khedesh Commonwealth and therefore not classified into any of the 3 social classes. The same major rules still apply to Foreigners, however. Foreigners are forbidden from attacking a Prima, and refusal to follow the orders of a Prima can lead to imprisonment or banishment from the Commonwealth. Foreigners are considered to be above Dross and below Secunda in the social heirarchy, because foreigners are generally thought to have enough money to spend on travel and thus have enough to spend in the Commonwealth to fuel the economy, unlike the poverty-stricken Dross.

Hidan Xeron (Arkhemedes): Prima, House of Charabos. Hidan Charabos left Droxundus ten years ago and changed his appearance and name upon returning to his home six chains (months) ago. He had a major falling out with his parents over the death of his brother. They are not aware of his return, or the fact that he changed his name.

Mordra Flynn (Traesin): Foreigner, See Above. Mordra has been having an affair with a Secunda, Veese Corunar, a barrister for over a year. Veese's wife thinks he has been trying cases in nearby towns when he leaves to visit her. Mordra treats him very harshly, which apparently he enjoys as his wife hardly pays him any attention.

Thurman Creston (Thrush): Prima, House of Creston. The choice to enter the Clergy of Drendier was highly supported by Thurman's family, as it is considered a great honor to serve the deity of Nobility. He is the favorite son of his parents, and is looked upon favorably by the Prima Community.

Purnam Kadra (Fuzzy Alchemist): Prima, House of Kadra.
Primas are the elite of the caste system in the Khedesh Commonwealth, and these noble Houses are spread throughout the entirety of the Commonwealth. Purnam's father is Lord of your families' Droxundus House, and there is a House for every family in all major cities in the Commonwealth.