PDA

View Full Version : Dirge of Everlasting Iniquity: Pathfinder (D&D 3.75)

Doom Crow
07-15-2009, 03:19 AM
I am starting up a Play by Post game in an original campaign setting using Paizo's new Pathfinder RPG rules for D&D 3.5 (3.75 really with the new rules), to be played in the Play by Post Forum as set up by Farcaster.

Here's a little taste of the premise of the game:

"Nashira gives you quite the grumpy look, apparently not happy to have been stuck with you. All right, wretch, on your feet! We need to get you ready for the journey back to Pariatas. Yes, you heard me right, you're going back to the realm of the living, with a new body and all. Don't get too excited though, you won't be there for a vacation. Lord Apoxalon wants his followers to begin staking out territory for his eventual arrival on that plane, and that's why we plucked you out of the pits. So you had better get your head straight and be ready to follow orders, or it's back to the feast down there with you! She points downward at the grated floor but you don't even need to looks to know what's down there.

If this has piqued your interest, you can read more at the PBP forum here: Dirge of Everlasting Iniquity (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)

The game will take place in the world of Pariatas on its continent of Kelant, the most civilized and populous of the six continents, referred to by its natives as the Cradle of Civilized Society. The party will arrive in a city called Droxundus, nestled in the Verthollow grasslands on the Nasiri river, which lies in the heart of the Khedesh Commonwealth. This game will obviously have a darker feel to it than the normal, run of the mill D&D game, and it's likely all of the characters will be evil. But who knows, it's never too late for redemption and that might be where some of these characters are headed! This is a story I am telling for the players, made predominantly by the character's decisions throughout the campaign. Where it goes I haven't a clue yet, because this tale is going to adapt and change to the outcomes that these characters create. All I know is that it's going to be a lot of fun so come join me!

I'm looking for 4-6 creative role-players who are not the min/maxxing types that want to create a quality character and develop him or her over the course of a great story. There will be combat, but I am going to try to keep it as streamlined as possible due to the PBP nature of the game, therefore I will be using a lot of visual description and flavor and very few if at all game mechanics as far as combat feats and features of combat related to using maps and minis go.

Interested players can go to the PBP forum for Dirge of Everlasting Iniquity and place your character application there; if there are more players interested than my maximum number of players for the group I will make selections based mostly on the quality of your character concept but also on how quickly you place your application.

Hope to meet and talk with you soon!

Cheers,
Doom Crow

Doom Crow
07-29-2009, 06:26 PM
I've created a campaign for this campaign on Obsidian Portal at Dirge of the Damned (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/dirge-of-the-damned)

I changed the name of it there in order to shorten it. I thought there were too many lengthy words in it.

You can also read about my campaign setting at Pariatas (http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/pariatas)