PDA

View Full Version : I just bought the Races Of The Dragon handbook

RAD7atmosphere
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I thought it would be cool and it was only $15 but I'm not sure if it's even gonna be useful. Do you just combine it and the regular handbook to make a new character with the new race and/or class?

Riftwalker
07-15-2009, 07:30 AM
That would be one approach. Or just pick and choose what you like out of the book (assuming your DM agrees with that.)

For example, I've been playing a hybrid wizard/truenamer in a 3.x game, and so I've been using the Power Word spells from Races of the Dragon.

RAD7atmosphere
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah that would be cool

kitsune1842
07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah, like most splat books you pretty much ask the DM if you can use what you like form it.

I loved the Spellscale race in there, especially the set of special powers/abilitys they choose form at the start of every day as long as they use them all at least once in any year.

cigamnogard
07-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought it would be cool and it was only $15 but I'm not sure if it's even gonna be useful. Do you just combine it and the regular handbook to make a new character with the new race and/or class?

Look very closely at the kobolds. Now, closer - now look at one of thier feats. With it you are able to age your character to get all the age bonuses without the age penalties.
Let me know when you find it.