PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Music???

RAD7atmosphere
07-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I didn't really look to hard through to see if there were already some of these but I'm guessing there are prolly about a million lol.

Well some of my favorite bands include Red Hot Chili Peppers, RUSH, Sublime, Tool. :biggrin:

Katbutt
07-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Roger Waters, Imogen Heap, Pink Floyd, Savatage, Ozzy Osbourne, Queensryche to name a few :biggrin:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Best of the 70's, 80's, 90's & today. Even some obscure stuff like Hurricane Smith, to name just one.

Arkhemedes
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Best of the 70's, 80's, 90's & today. Even some obscure stuff like Hurricane Smith, to name just one.
Too bad your so damn picky Thoth. Me I'll go with anything that rocks - preferably from the 70's and 80's.

RAD7atmosphere
07-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Like a year ago I listened to Death Metal and Black Metal and Hardcore but I don't like that stuff anymore. Just a random tid-bit of information that doesn't do anyone any good to know XD

Sascha
07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
My iTunes says blues rock, metal of various flavors, and J-pop/anime soundtracks are the most common genres. But it lies~

Currently, the Go-Go's playing ("Our Lips Are Sealed").

korhal23
07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Great Big Sea (If anyone else knows who these guys are and likes them, we're best friends on the spot)
Carbon Leaf (just saw them Saturday in Birmingham, awesome show) (same goes for these guys)
Blackline
Rise Against
Coheed and Cambria
Bloodsimple
Dropkick Murphys...
I could go on forever about music. About the only thing I don't like is really really twangy country music. And electronic music has a time and place but I don't go out of my way to listen to it.

Arkhemedes
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
As a side note, I've been to more than a hundred rock concerts in my life, some groups, like Ozzy Osbourne for example, I've seen 6 or 7 times. Within the next few months I'll get to add two artist/groups to my list that I've never seen before, thanks in part to Jerry Jones and the massive stadium he built for the Cowboys. I've already got my tickets for U2, and just today I bought tickets to see Paul McCartney. Thanks Jerry!

Webhead
07-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I have incredibly varied music tastes. Basically, if it has a "good sound", I'll listen to it. But some of my favorite music comes from:

Queen, Tom Waits, Enigma, Pink Floyd, Bob Marley, Elton John, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Smashing Pumpkins, Jamiroquai, The Beastie Boys, Journey, Metallica (once upon a time), Sublime, The Cranberries, Peter Frampton and others I can't think of right now.

I also like most Irish folk music, Native American chant-music, most orchestral or symphony music and lots more. About the only music genres that I don't care for are Country, Hip-Hop and Rap...but I've even been known to enjoy the the very rare score from those as well (eg. Emmylou Harris' duet "All Fall Down"...very stirring song).

RoryN
07-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I too have a wide range of musical tastes. My CD collection ranges from AC/DC and Abba to Yes and ZZ Top, with most anything tossed in between. My favorite musical artists are Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Eagles, Elton John, and AC/DC (getting my wife to sing the chorus of "Big Balls" is my crowning musical achievment!). Depending on my mood, I may listen to classic country/western, heavy metal, smooth jazz, 50's & 60's bubblegum...well, you get the picture. Right now I have the TV on country videos, basically because they were showing a lot of "summer-ish" stuff (read: babes in bikinis). :biggrin:

Harwel
07-14-2009, 01:09 AM
I also like lots of music, from celtic folk stuff to spanish guitar to classical to metal. I tend to really like rock that incorporates jazz and/or funk elements. I also love a lot of classic rock and some more experimental stuff. But hard rock bordering on metal is probably my favorite all around... even better if it fuses stuff from other genres too. Favorite bands include Pink Floyd, Alice in Chains, Faith No More (and honestly just about anything that Mike Patton ever got involved in: Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Fantomas), Tool, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog (the music gods are so cruel that they only ever made one album because I thought it was amazing), Helmet, Clutch, The Mars Volta, the list goes on, you get the idea...

The only musical genres I tend to really avoid are country and rap.

Oldgamer
07-14-2009, 04:54 PM
As a side note, I've been to more than a hundred rock concerts in my life, some groups, like Ozzy Osbourne for example, I've seen 6 or 7 times. Within the next few months I'll get to add two artist/groups to my list that I've never seen before, thanks in part to Jerry Jones and the massive stadium he built for the Cowboys. I've already got my tickets for U2, and just today I bought tickets to see Paul McCartney. Thanks Jerry!

I was part of building that whole area :) I worked on all of the stuff for the Rangers and the bridge going into the stadium from the east, called Rogers St. I did all of the calculations for that bridge, road, and parking to the north of that. This picture is from the East ... to the left is the bridge I mentioned, the creek is Johnson Creek that we helped reform, to the right is Randoll Mill (which will be one way in the near future, so watch out :)), you can see the Walmart top right where everyone stops to take pictures.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/freefallin1309/81230868.jpg

As far as music goes, I'm not sure I have a favorite ... Metal I guess if you consider amount, I love most all Metal (except Christian). I have Highland Pipes, Irish Folk, Native American music, Japanese Koto Drums, Gregorian Monk Chants, I love Classical, Rock of all ages, Big Band, some Jazz, Blues ... the only one I can think of I don't like is Gospel.

Thriondel Half-Elven
07-14-2009, 06:00 PM
i differ from a lot of you (all of you i guess). I'm into the punk. Haven't delved back in time and listened to the older stuff. #1 band is Blink 182. Pop-punk i guess. FOB, The Academy Is. . . Paramore, boxcar racer, etc. etc. etc

Baldwin Stonewood
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Robert Johnson, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, David Bowie, David Mathews, roger Waters, Bob Marley, Sean Paul, Counting Crows, REM, and the list goes on and on...

Angelus_Nox
07-15-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm with the "I listen to stuff that I like" people and tend to ignore genre. To name a few artists (in no particular order)

Metallica, Apocalyptica, Eminem, Anthony Rother, Michael Jackson, The person who did the Parasite Eve Soundtrack, Bill Brown, etc.

MuslixtheMighty
07-22-2009, 09:53 AM
I listen to Classical, Opera, Vaudeville, Swing, Jazz, Rock N' Roll, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, Punkabilly, Honky Tonk, Punk, Ska, Metal, Viking Metal & Video Game Metal.

tesral
07-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Good. That is musically literate.

templeorder
07-22-2009, 10:37 AM
The Cult, Fear Factory, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Nazareth, Social D, Jesse Cook, LL Cool J, blah, blah, blah. I like music of all types. The most listened to is AC/DC and the Cult (incl Death Cult and Southern Death Cult) for me.

Thriondel Half-Elven
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
The Cult, Fear Factory, AC/DC, Deep Purple, Nazareth, Social D, Jesse Cook, LL Cool J, blah, blah, blah. I like music of all types. The most listened to is AC/DC and the Cult (incl Death Cult and Southern Death Cult) for me.

my dad is a nazareth addict!

and that was completely irrelevant to the thread but oh well

NarutoAngel221
08-08-2009, 08:47 AM
I am addicted right now with Japanese music after hearing a couple of anime songs but right now I am addicted to japanese boyband Arashi

Vodka
08-08-2009, 09:13 AM
You name it, I probably have something about it on my music list. I've got Russian opera next to Japanese rock followed by 80s hair metal and popular hits from the 1940s. I have soundtracks from movies and video games, electronica, SUPER 80S MUSIC that should probably embarrass me, Eurobeat, Bowie, musicals, German goth-techno (I don't even know what to categorize E Nomine as), psychedelic disco pop, Celtic stuff, and.... yeah.

My current favorites to listen to are Daft Punk, Scissor Sisters, and the Guild Wars soundtracks.

Sascha
08-08-2009, 11:27 AM
... SUPER 80S MUSIC that should probably embarrass me ...
Noo such thing ^_^

(80s fashion, however ... :P)

tesral
08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
(80s fashion, however ... :P)

The decade fashion forgot.

Sascha
08-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Having seen previous (and also subsequent) decades' fashions, I'm not fully convinced ours was the worst offender ;) (At least for clothes; I'll concede the hair. Some truly hideous coifs, those.)

TwoGunBob
08-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Hmmm, my musical tastes remained rooted in 80's and early 90's punk unfortunately. As punk is supposed to be always changing and shedding the old I do feel like a stick in the mud about clinging tenaciously to Black Flag, Trenchmouth, and the like although lately it's been a mix of Carbon/Silicon (Mick Jones and ex Sig Sig Sputnik) some Mescaleros (Joe Strummer must be Clash nostalgic) with some Off with Their Heads, American Steel, Rocket from the Crypt, and a dash of Crippled Bastards.

traesin
08-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Having seen previous (and also subsequent) decades' fashions, I'm not fully convinced ours was the worst offender ;) (At least for clothes; I'll concede the hair. Some truly hideous coifs, those.)

I agree. I listen to eveything but ganster rap. Kinda on a Skid Row kick.

Lucifer_Draconus
08-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Favorite Music : Punk (Oi! , HxC, Crust, Anarcho-punk) ; Metal (Thrash & Doom) , Psychobilly , Ska , Skinhead & Roots Reggae , Industrial & HxC Hip Hop /Horrorcore Rap.

Slipstream
08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
U2, MuteMath, Over The Rhine, Sigur Ros, Steve Jablonsky (Steamboy, The Island, Transformers), Howard Shore (The Lord of the Rings), Michael Giacchino (LOST, Star Trek), Hanz Zimmer (Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean), Coldplay, Pete Yorn

Tamburlain
08-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Easiest thing is to cut and paste from current iPod library. (Of course, 90% of this will change next week.)

Phosphorescent, Bob Dylan, Syd Barrett, Panda Bear, 13th Floor Elevators, Beach House, Chevral Sombre, The Kinks, Iron & Wine, Incredible String Band, Mariee Sioux, Broadcast, Sonic Boom, The Magnetic Fields, Marissa Nadler, Wilco, MGMT, Vashti Bunyan, The Rolling Stones, Gong, Queens of the Stone Ages, Herbie Hancock, Margot Guryan, The Stooges, Pink Mountaintops, MV&EE, This is the Kit, The Zombies, The Raconteurs, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Neil Young, Gary Numan, The Duke Spirit, Royal Trux, The Stranglers, The Apples in Stereo, John Lennon & the Plastic Ono Band

CEBedford
08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Lately I've been enjoying Every Time I Die, I Wrestled A Bear Once, Protest The Hero, Job For A Cowboy, and Bring Me The Horizon.

Then there's always Slayer, Lamb of God, The Misfits, Acid Bath, Killwhitneydead, The Devil Wears Prada, The Demonstration, Jonin, Evergreen Terrrace, KMFDM, Norma Jean, Nine Inch Nails (pre-Fragile), Opeth, Tool, and many more.

James Ruglia
08-17-2009, 10:37 PM
My favorite music tends to be J-pop and J-rock, but Classical and the rare power metal find their way in. Specific names I'm fond of are Gackt and Dragonforce.

templeorder
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
So, i've posted my reply with my everyday music, but i have to add that i recently went back to playing Tangerine Dream while gaming and it works really well as background music...

Oldgamer
08-19-2009, 11:55 AM
For gaming I tend towards either my Midnight Syndicate Dungeons & Dragons CD, Carmina Burana, or some Tchaikovsky.

MarshamSane
08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
personal listening: Cake, Jimmy Buffett, and various FF soundtracks.

Gaming: idk, never used much music durring gaming sessions.

XeroDrift
09-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Just about anything depending on mood
Exceptions: Polka, 99% of Country, and Tejano

tesral
09-21-2009, 11:38 PM
I am ripping my music to hard disk. A rare chance ot handle every disk in my collection. Metallica to the Vienna Boys Choir.

I suppose my favorite music is Yes.

There is another disk finished, time for bed.

Arkhemedes
09-22-2009, 07:24 AM
I find groups like Yes and the Moody Blues to go well with D&D. But that may just be a nostalgia thing with me.

tesral
09-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I find groups like Yes and the Moody Blues to go well with D&D. But that may just be a nostalgia thing with me.

Ah, no. I like music, pretty much all music provided it is good.

RAD7atmosphere
09-22-2009, 04:23 PM
My musical taste have changed... I am really into Neutral Milk Hotel, Radiohead, Nirvana, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Killers, etc. etc. etc.

Crossroads_Wanderer
09-23-2009, 02:39 PM
I like a little bit of lots of things. My favorites are 80's (especially Pat Benatar), 90's alternative, and classical, though there are certain songs from pretty much every genre that I'll listen to.