PDA

View Full Version : Crafty Games and P&PG Team Up: Joint Press Release

Farcaster
07-10-2009, 12:36 PM
:: OFFICIAL HOME OFFICE TRANSMISSION — EYES ONLY ::

The Home Office -- known to some by its official front, Crafty Games (http://www.crafty-games.com) -- is pleased to announce that it’s brokered a partnership with Pen & Paper Games (PPG) to provide a secure location for field operatives needing to contact other agents in or near their vicinity. All operatives are encouraged to register their current location and cover identities with PPG at their earliest convenience. Agents should also be advised that this location has been deemed ripe for targeting potential recruits. Technical details follow...

One of the features Crafty gamers have sought for some time now is a player finder / game location database for Spycraft enthusiasts, and we believe we’ve finally found the ideal solution. Pen & Paper Games is the number one location for finding players and groups near you. It boasts a large and rapidly growing network of tabletop gamers, letting you quickly and easily locate nearby players and GMs with similar interests, preferences, and availability.

Also, Pen & Paper Games and Obsidian Portal (http://www.obsidianportal.com) recently teamed up to create the Lonely Gamer Network, a cool new feature that marries Obsidian Portal’s campaign management tools with PPG’s player matching services. The network includes your Obsidian Portal campaigns on the PPG Player Registry and optionally makes your profile available to GMs on the Obsidian Portal site who might be looking for players. This gives your PPG profile even more exposure, making it even easier to find a game.

So if you’re looking for a Spycraft game, or new players for your espionage outings, we recommend you check out Pen & Paper Games. When you register your profile, be sure to look for "My Icon," which lets you use a special Crafty Games icon on the Player Registry Google Map. Proudly declare yourself a "Spycraft Agent" today! (If you are already a member and would like to change your icon, you'll find a new option on your profile page right at the top on the About Me tab.)

Crafty Games was founded in 2005 by the creative team behind the popular Spycraft, Stargate SG-1, and Spycraft 2.0 roleplaying games. It offers an array of critically acclaimed gaming products in print and PDF. Its reputation for high-quality, engaging games has earned nominations for 5 EN World ("ENnie") fan awards and the prestigious Diana Jones Award for Excellence in Gaming. Crafty Games’ newest project, Fantasy Craft, is due out this fall. Find out more at http://www.crafty-games.com.

Pen & Paper Games opened in September 2006 with the mission of providing tabletop roleplayers the best tools possible to find nearby gamers. The site has since become the industry’s top online player-matching service with thousands of profiles and a host of gaming resources for roleplayers of all kinds, including private game hosting, play-by-post games, local area groups, and a diverse and friendly forum community. Come put your game on the map at http://www.penandpapergames.com.

Panthro82
07-10-2009, 12:45 PM
wow everyday seems to be a new notch in the bow of P&PG. Talk about "growing the brand!" Nice.

korhal23
07-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Yay for Spycraft!!!!

Farcaster
07-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks, Panthro. This is another great win for both Pen & Paper Games and Crafty Games, and I hope that everyone will go check out their RPG lineup. Their Spycraft 2.0 (http://www.crafty-games.com/product_catalog/spycraft20) game makes a lot of improvements over the base d20 system, and they have a new lighter weight system coming out in a few months called MasterCraft (http://www.crafty-games.com/product_catalog/mastercraft) which will be debut in their new FantasyCraft game. I am anxious to see what they've come up with :)

Harwel
07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I get the feeling Korhal23 may be about to very busy. :lol:

Great work, Farcaster. I'm looking forward to FantasyCraft.

Panthro82
07-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I came on here in April and I can't believe how much this site has grown since then! I could only imagine how people feel that have been on here for a couple years.

korhal23
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
:) I hope so. Been tired of being the only one who plays here :P Also gratz to Farcaster. I was so excited for Spycraft I didn't think to congratulate the (probable) engineer of this momentous occasion.

cplmac
07-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Just goes to prove that Farcaster does it right. Has to say something that other entities in the industry are wanting to be affiliated with P&PG. Congrats Farcaster!

Panthro82
07-10-2009, 08:18 PM
yep lots of publicity for this site.

Fersboo
07-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Yay for Spycraft. I'm a recent convert having just picked it up about a month ago.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Breaking 8800 members some time today, very cool.

Fersboo
07-11-2009, 01:20 PM
How do existing members change thier icon?

Panthro82
07-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Fersboo, you can just click on your User CP tab on the top left and then click the edit avatar option on the next screen.

Farcaster
07-11-2009, 04:15 PM
How do existing members change thier icon?

Panthro is correct. You can also go to your profile page and if you have Javascript enabled, edit your icon directly from that page. Right now, the options for your icon are Player (white-blue), GM (Red), and Spycraft Agent (green Crafty icon).

Fersboo
07-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks!

Soft Serve
07-11-2009, 07:48 PM
I've never been into spycraft. Is it like Mad TV's Spy vs. Spy? :biggrin:

Dimthar
07-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I bet Farcaster is secretly buying Hasbro stock, don't be surprised he will announce a Take Over soon ;)

Soft Serve
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh no...Does that mean Gundam Wing and Digimon ads are going to pop up all over the place?

Panthro82
07-12-2009, 05:43 PM
lol

Fersboo
07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Just a quick note about the Spy Icon. You need to add it to the legend so people know what it means.

:spy:

prinnycook
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Damn how much more can this site grow, I wish more rpg site were this involed (Like the Wizards of the Coast site).

Panthro82
07-12-2009, 09:36 PM
lol w.o.t.c.....ugh. Love/Hate relationship

Soft Serve
07-13-2009, 02:00 AM
lol w.o.t.c.....ugh. Love/Hate relationship

I'm that same way with them...And just about everything on the internet at some point, but still.

Grimwell
07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Awesome news!