PDA

View Full Version : Check out this role-playing camp called Camp Carathir!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Check out this role-playing camp called Camp Carathir!

http://campcarathir.com/?gclid=CP-mrK7By5sCFSRPagodk0LmKQ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the first paragraph blurb on said camp:

Welcome to Camp Carathir!
Welcome to our new site (formerly RPCamp.com) Refresh those bookmarks folks!
http://campcarathir.com/images/stories/Campfire.jpgAt Camp Carathir, you decide your fate.
Experience 5, 7 or 10 days living as a character that you create. Start with the simple clothes on your back and a small pocketful of coins, and immerse yourself in the completely authentic world around you. It is not long before you put reliance in your fellow adventurers and acquire amazing gear, weapons, and possibly wealth beyond all account. Trades such as blacksmithing, leatherworking, beekeeping, and glassblowing are taught at the camp. We also have resident Weapon Masters and Bowyers to teach their skills to you.
This is not just a summer camp for teens! We have adult sessions as well. Adults can consider this a vacation resort like none other. You'll never want to sit lazily on a beach or pay for hotel rooms again. At Camp Carathir, everything is supplied and you become part of the experience! Your not just a tourist! We also accommodate groups (LARP clubs, online guilds, or community groups).
----------------------------------------------------------------------

First impressions tells me that this would definitely interest quite a few gamers, so i thought I'd share.

What share you?

Harwel
07-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Sounds like LARPer heaven.

RoryN
07-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Sounds lke a blast, and isn't too far away from where I live either.

tesral
07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm too damn broken to get the most out of that.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-16-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah, i'm budgeted as well.

James Ruglia
08-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't care where it is or how much it costs. One day, during my life, I will do that.

traesin
09-18-2009, 08:50 AM
damn this looks like fun!!!!! It is now on my bucket list (and my Christmas list).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-18-2009, 08:59 AM
We use to have a Renaissance Faire out here but they had some conflict with the city--no doubt about being overcharged. Not that i am sympathetic for the Faires also charged a heavy fee. All this aside, i've been wanting to go for years but the next nearest one is beyond the fun distance for commuting.

Spumis
09-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I got to a renn faire every year but this seems head and tales beyond anything I have been to. Although, my faire seems mostly about shows and shopping... this is about magic, questing, and living as a fantasy character. Sounds like a super good time.

Too bad it's on the coast furthest from me. :(

Marley117
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
...this is not cool. I want to go sooo badly now! I am going to save and save and see if I can do it! Next year lol. Of course it starts at the same time college around here does. Ugh, and I need to pay to fly there....I will do it though lol.

michael
09-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow, my gaming nerd meter just pegged out. That is awesome!