PDA

View Full Version : [Eberron] Adventure Ideas

DarQuing
07-09-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm going to be running an online Eberron campaign and I'd like some adventure ideas.

The starting level is 5 and the overarcing adventure is that the Inspired (dream monsters) sent the Mournland to help bring Dal Quor into alignment with Eberron.

Not every adventure has to have something to do with the overall adventure, just most of them.

Help me, fellow forumgoers, you're my only hope. :D

cigamnogard
07-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds good so far. Might help if the players were established as well. I have found DMs tend to write adventures without encoperating the characters into the mix. For example let's use Big Trouble in Little China but we introduce a Jedi Knight into the story. Why is the Jedi Knight there? He doesn't belong and he would have dramataclly altered the story.

DarQuing
07-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I already know one of the characters, and have a few adventures for him, and once I know the other characters I can incorporate them into my campaign as needed.

cigamnogard
07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
You know one of the players or one of the characters? Or both?

DarQuing
07-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Both. The player was one of the first people I asked and he came up with a character (Duergar Tinkerer (summoning) build Artificer). His epic destiny is Dispossessed Champion and he's looking for a home for his clan.

cigamnogard
07-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Now, that is excellent. You know the character's motivation! You know how to build the story and what to put in the way of one of the hereos!
So, what would you like us to assist with? A scenario. a bad guy/nemisis, or what?

DarQuing
07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
So, what would you like us to assist with? A scenario. a bad guy/nemisis, or what?
Scenarios for the most part. The BBEG can come later, though there may be hints later. In my campaign, one of the clanholds was abandoned for the same reason Cyre was abandoned and I've figured out the key to getting rid of the Mournland effect.

cigamnogard
07-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Honestly, I would refrain from changing any game designed component until later levels (5th level is a little early for that - but up to you).
Scenario:
Encounter:
Band of halflings from the Plains rides into the town and decide to whoop it up (western spaghetti!).
Gnomes of D'Sivis need a mediator escourted safely from Zilago to Druham. Except, they don't want him to arrive and do their level best to kill him off! So, each time the party reports in the plot thickens!

How's that?

DarQuing
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Honestly, I would refrain from changing any game designed component until later levels (5th level is a little early for that - but up to you).
Which component? The abandoned clanhold? I haven't seen a reason for it being abandoned so I'm making one up. :P

The scenarios look good, though. Maybe change the halflings to Valenar elves. *hmm*

cigamnogard
07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I've figured out the key to getting rid of the Mournland effect.

That one.

DarQuing
07-10-2009, 07:47 PM
That one.
Ah, I see. That's an epic resolution. It'll take the characters awhile to figure out what's causing the Mournland, and then they have to actually figure out how to do it.

DMMike
07-11-2009, 01:44 AM
The starting level is 5 and the overarcing adventure is that the Inspired (dream monsters) sent the Mournland to help bring Dal Quor into alignment with Eberron.

What, huh? Guess I don't speak Eberronese. Although I did play in the trial adventure that was used to introduce Eberron on D&D Game Day. Darn that shadowy guy on the bridge...

Cigamnogard is on it with the "ask the players" recommendation. You can come up with the coolest adventures, but if the PCs have a different opinion on cool than you do, your effort is wasted.

That said, 5th level is where the Fly spell becomes available (at least, in 3E), so you could introduce rumors of a Girl with Green Eyes who sits alone on the top of a tower/skyscraper, crying incessantly, holding a golden anvil that looks like it might drag her into a splatter-inducing fall if she decides to end it all. (The tower is higher than a single fly-spell can reach, which might leave some party members stranded on a balcony. Also, the golden anvil is a golden anvil...OF FLYING, so crying-green-eyes is likely to find another tower-top if her whining gets disturbed).

DarQuing
07-11-2009, 09:43 AM
:confused: Where is that from? :confused:

DMMike
07-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Left field?

The Girl with Green Eyes is taken from Big Trouble in Little China, mentioned by Cigam. And if you haven't seen it yet, add it to your homework list. It's very D&D, for a movie taking place in San Francisco.

cigamnogard
07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Left field?

The Girl with Green Eyes is taken from Big Trouble in Little China, mentioned by Cigam. And if you haven't seen it yet, add it to your homework list. It's very D&D, for a movie taking place in San Francisco.
Two girls with green eyes!
-also from the movie! Great movie!

kitsune1842
07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Biggest help I have ever had working out plots and adventures as a GM is here http://www.io.com/~sjohn/plots.htm

It is pretty much the plots to every RPG adventure boild down to its barest basics, you add the details.

cigamnogard
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Biggest help I have ever had working out plots and adventures as a GM is here http://www.io.com/~sjohn/plots.htm

It is pretty much the plots to every RPG adventure boild down to its barest basics, you add the details.
Very cool!

kitsune1842
07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
One of my favorites for Eberron is 'Take Us To Memphis And Don't Slow Down' mainly cause that one can lead to things like a fight on the deck of an airship on the way to Xenadrix, or a dual on top of the lightning rail as it speeds along at high speeds.

Also makes a great way to start an adventure with a group that do not know each other IC yet without the old everyone meets in a bar trope. Everyone is on the way somewhere and the conveance your on is hijacked, now you have to work together or let the hijackers take you all someplace you dont want to go.

cigamnogard
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Currently, I am in a campaign taking place in the Eldeen Reaches where the party is slowly going bust (broke).