PDA

View Full Version : Can we make the sun god happy please?

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 06:56 PM
As we all know the great aztecs sacrificed people to the sun god so it would stop being so friggin hot (I would imagine that was their motive...hopefully they didn't do it out of boredom...)

Anyway this giant burny bastard in the sky is really annoying when you...do...just about anything that involves being somewhere the giant burny bastard can see you. Like the annoying guy at work who always hits on you...I can relate.

Anyway I'm not attempting to incite murderous rampages through the streets but who do you think we could sacrifice to "el burno stinko" to make winter come earlier?

My vote goes to Kevin Bacon...

Arkhemedes
07-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Try living in Texas my friend. You'll appreciate the weather in Indiana. :biggrin:

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm actually in Louisiana right now...and working Construction...so I feel it guy.

The Indiana part of my profile is because I'm moving back soon and it's just not worth it to go and change it and get anyone in Slidell LA's hopes up about a game.

Arkhemedes
07-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Ah. I see. So you are roasting like the rest of us!

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Affirmative.

And after we get K. Bacon I say we send Sarah Palin.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey, i'd do Sarah. She is one hot middle-aged gal. That aside, moving to Texas soon, San Antonio area. Anyone want to start thinking about getting together a WFRP, Traveller, Gamma World, or even a 1 or 2E dnd, epic campaign encompassing all the 30 classic modules, let me know.

Hey Soft Serve, you do realize that there are gamers on these boards that actually live in states that have real deserts, right? That equates to real heat, and none of this boo hoo whine and complain about a 75 degree day nonsense. :laugh:

Bring it on, Softy, Let's see what you got! :boxing:

<Thoth is always willing to go out of his way to do battle for the entertainment of all in P&PG's> http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Hey, i'd do Sarah. She is one hot middle-aged gal. That aside, moving to Texas soon, San Antonio area. Anyone want to start thinking about getting together a WFRP, Traveller, Gamma World, or even a 1 or 2E dnd, epic campaign encompassing all the 30 classic modules, let me know.

Hey Soft Serve, you do realize that there are gamers on these boards that actually live in states that have real deserts, right? That equates to real heat, and none of this boo hoo whine and complain about a 75 degree day nonsense. :laugh:

Bring it on, Softy, Let's see what you got! :boxing:

<Thoth is always willing to go out of his way to do battle for the entertainment of all in P&PG's> http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

Tomorrow it's going to be 96F. I'm going to be outside pouring concrete for $9 an hour for 8 hours.

I don't care about Arizona. :D

Sascha
07-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Bah on appeasing the Sun. All He gives us is light and the base energy source for the planet. We dun need Him~

Support the Moon! She has bunnies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_rabbit)!

Dark
07-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Tomorrow it's going to be 96F. I'm going to be outside pouring concrete for $9 an hour for 8 hours.

$9 a hour? :jaw:I could work at the local air conditioned supermarket for $9.15 to start packing bags and stocking shelves.

Soft Serve
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
$9 a hour? :jaw:I could work at the local air conditioned supermarket for $9.15 to start packing bags and stocking shelves.

Exactly. But It's the only job I got and it's getting me closer to moving back up North where the sun god can choke and die for all I care. But while I'm here stuck in little france (New Orleans) where they had 4 murders in 12 hours, I'm going to make the best of it, try not to offend ANYBODY, and work my @ss off to get back home.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Okay, i'm going for the rabbit punch: I worked days in 128 degree weather in the deep deserts of California. 96 degrees? Wimp!

Don't forget to bring a jacket. :biggrin:

Thoth is choosing to disregard Softy's Arizona crack. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, pouring concrete for $9.00/hr for 8 hrs in 96 degree weather does suck. You have my sympathies, Soft Serve.

Soft Serve
07-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Okay, i'm going for the rabbit punch: I worked days in 128 degree weather in the deep deserts of California. 96 degrees? Wimp!

Don't forget to bring a jacket. :biggrin:

Thoth is choosing to disregard Softy's Arizona crack. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, pouring concrete for $9.00/hr for 8 hrs in 96 degree weather does suck. You have my sympathies, Soft Serve.

If you knew who I was working for you'd feel like donating cash to a relief fund. My mom's redneck boyfriend who is obnoxiously loud and obviously simple. He has a way with words that makes you want to bury his feet in concrete and dump him in Lake Pontchartrain. The issue there being that while you poured the concrete on his feet he'd b*tch about how you were doing it wrong...

I'd put him up for Sun-God pleaseing but I don't think the sun-god would be very pleased...

Q-man
07-09-2009, 05:43 AM
Ah yes that wretched day star. I'm not sure who brought that plague on us. It hasn't quite started scorching my area yet, but I can sense its planning something.

cplmac
07-09-2009, 09:13 AM
See Soft, just goes to show that you should have stayed in PA. Although, Latrobe still ain't the same as living out in the country.

Also, speaking of deserts, when I was over in Saudi in 91, it would be the high 90s to 100s during the day and drop to the low 40s and 30s during the night. I feel for ya Soft. Also another reason for not tossing the "boss" into the lake P, is that it would be your luck that you would get nailed for poluting.

Harwel
07-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Sure is nice here in the Seattle suburbs. It's 59 degrees here right now. Our high will be 73 today. Eat your hearts out. :D

Of course, around here we sacrifice to the sun god all winter hoping to see him once or twice instead of getting rained on for 6-7 months straight, but that's another story entirely.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Sure is nice here in the Seattle suburbs. It's 59 degrees here right now. Our high will be 73 today. Eat your hearts out. :D

Of course, around here we sacrifice to the sun god all winter hoping to see him once or twice instead of getting rained on for 6-7 months straight, but that's another story entirely.
I'd love to live somewhere where it rained 6-7 months straight. A few years back we beat you guys in rain-yeah i know, freaky weather, and i loved it. But i am different that way.

Arkhemedes
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Man, I'm just wishing I could remember what snow looked like. Saw it a couple of times when I was a little kid. It hasn't snowed like that in more than thirty years at least. I can remember building snow forts in the backyard and having snowball fights. Kids in Texas today have no clue how to build a snow man or a snow fort unless they lived further north at some point.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
That's one of the many things i miss about Virginia, the snow. Awesomeness, but not over done. Oh how i miss it.

Harwel
07-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd love to live somewhere where it rained 6-7 months straight. A few years back we beat you guys in rain-yeah i know, freaky weather, and i loved it. But i am different that way.

It's actually not hard at all to beat the Seattle area for total rainfall, contrary to popular belief. We get less rainfall than most of the eastern seaboard and Gulf of Mexico area. NYC, Atlanta, Houston get more annual rainfall, and those three cities aren't even in the top 10 in the US. We get a lot of cloud cover and it tends to drizzle for long periods of time, but you almost never see the downpours I'm used to from growing up the Northeast. We have about 5 different words for "drizzle" here like the Inuits have 12 words for snow.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-09-2009, 12:31 PM
It is for southern california. We had a series of rain storms a few years back that we havent seen for over 120 years, very cool

Sascha
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
We have about 5 different words for "drizzle" here like the Inuits have 12 words for snow.
Yes, but do you have a word for 'friend'? ^_^

(Interesting subject, that linguistic relativity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapir%E2%80%93Whorf_hypothesis). 'Specially in the color department (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universalism_and_relativism_of_color_terminology). )

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-09-2009, 01:20 PM
A word for friend? Sure, lets call them gamers.

Panthro82
07-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Man, I'm just wishing I could remember what snow looked like. Saw it a couple of times when I was a little kid. It hasn't snowed like that in more than thirty years at least. I can remember building snow forts in the backyard and having snowball fights. Kids in Texas today have no clue how to build a snow man or a snow fort unless they lived further north at some point.

OMG! We get MULTIPLE 3 foot snow storms every single winter out here! It makes you tired of snow when you have to shovel it constantly. It gets to the point by the end of the winter where I just drive over it with my truck lol.

Also we have gotten an obscene amount of rain here in the past 2 months. Lots of people being sacrificed I guess.

I agree with Thoth that Sarah Palin should not be sacrificed...there is something insanely hot about that woman...

Soft Serve
07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
That's one of the many things i miss about Virginia, the snow. Awesomeness, but not over done. Oh how i miss it.

Western Pennsylvania has to be one of the best places for snowfall. Because the mountians there allow for snoboarding or skiing or whatever your into, and they aren't very far away from a city. Indiana is one of the worst because the snow only gets so deep that it will get into your shoe and make you freezing cold, but there are no mountains for anything snow-related to have fun on.

The fact that there are people in the world who have never seen snow, let alone feel it, is very depressing.

OMG! We get MULTIPLE 3 foot snow storms every single winter out here! It makes you tired of snow when you have to shovel it constantly. It gets to the point by the end of the winter where I just drive over it with my truck lol.

Also we have gotten an obscene amount of rain here in the past 2 months. Lots of people being sacrificed I guess.

I agree with Thoth that Sarah Palin should not be sacrificed...there is something insanely hot about that woman...

......:confused:

Panthro82
07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
why scratcy head? about Palin? It has nothing to do with her brains or ability to speak. In fact most of the time I see her it's like my brain puts her on mute. She's got that naughty librarian thing going for her. Like when Van Halen did the, "Hot For Teacher" video back in the 80's. She is the type of girl they were talking about!

Don't get me wrong I like snow, but out here we get an obscene amount of it!

Soft Serve
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
why scratcy head? about Palin? It has nothing to do with her brains or ability to speak. In fact most of the time I see her it's like my brain puts her on mute. She's got that naughty librarian thing going for her. Like when Van Halen did the, "Hot For Teacher" video back in the 80's. She is the type of girl they were talking about!

Don't get me wrong I like snow, but out here we get an obscene amount of it!

She's like super pissy though. I've heard she gets really angry really quick and just generally treats people like they're beneath her and nothing is good enough. So have fun with trying to tackle that. :D

Panthro82
07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
"Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!" -Homer Simpson :)

Soft Serve
07-11-2009, 01:54 AM
"Alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems!" -Homer Simpson :)

....wow...that's actually pretty true...

Panthro82
07-11-2009, 01:58 AM
yea pretty prophetic

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-11-2009, 02:23 AM
In a strange way, and unknowingly, he's on the right track.

Panthro82
07-11-2009, 10:57 AM
that explains Homer in a nutshell. Its part of the reason why his character is so appealing.

Soft Serve
07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
We should send the Bush family to the sun god...

Sascha
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
We should send the Bush family to the sun god...
Melanie 'Mel' Bush (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0486374/): No.
Doctor Who, 24.5, "Paradise Towers: Part 1"

Soft Serve
07-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Melanie 'Mel' Bush (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0486374/): No.
Doctor Who, 24.5, "Paradise Towers: Part 1"

........Are you kidding?

You seriously....

.................................................. .....................................WTF?

Sascha
07-11-2009, 09:12 PM
The Doctor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048982/): It never worked before.
Doctor Who, 18.25, "Logopolis: Part 1"

Soft Serve
07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
The Doctor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0048982/): It never worked before.
Doctor Who, 18.25, "Logopolis: Part 1"

If I told you I hate this, would you be surprised?

Panthro82
07-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I think it is cool. Sascha is like a robot who is emoting by playing snippets of television shows.

Sascha
07-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I think it is cool. Sascha is like a robot who is emoting by playing snippets of television shows.
(Given my signature, that's not a bad analysis ...)

Panthro82
07-12-2009, 09:34 PM
It actually gives me a cool idea for a character in a high tech game. We do like your human side too though Sascha :)

Soft Serve
07-13-2009, 01:59 AM
I love her now for the FLCL quote. But there is a line.

Panthro82
07-13-2009, 03:02 AM
She's fun to talk about hot chic's with too :)

templeorder
07-13-2009, 08:11 AM
I'd willingly sacrifice 50% of the planet's population to this "Sun God"... and not expect anything in return. Thats how generous i am.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-13-2009, 09:25 AM
The earth will thank you. Calling us humans a rat race is an insult to rats, after all.

Soft Serve
07-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I'd willingly sacrifice 50% of the planet's population to this "Sun God"... and not expect anything in return. Thats how generous i am.

I would too. I say we start with prisoners on death row first. Then move on to rapists.

The earth will thank you. Calling us humans a rat race is an insult to rats, after all.

I call small dogs giant rats.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-13-2009, 11:29 AM
How 'bout de-populating the world in this order:

1) death row
2) child molesters
3) serial rapists
4) ?

...would be the first to die.

Heck, with the rapists, i say tie them up and have their victims torture them first before we put them to death. It would be good therapy for their victims..

Btw, this could be a good thread, if anyone wants to start it.

Arkhemedes
07-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Heck yeah! All misanthropes unite!

(Uh...of course, that would be rather contradictory wouldn't it?)

Oldgamer
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm probably going to be up there with you Softserve ... I may be taking a job in New Orleans in another week or two. I was living in the Dallas area until about a month ago when, after 3 months of searching and couldn't find a job, I was forced financially to move back to Fl where at least I only have 1 mortgage to pay instead of 2. The job market is just as bad here, and the only thing I could find that would even come close to paying my bills is for a big construction company I used to work for that's contracted to the Army Corps of Engineers rebuilding the levies and power stations there.

4 murders in 12 hours? Hmmm, might have to bring some of my weapons ... good to know.

Panthro82
07-13-2009, 12:53 PM
yea if you're driving a car in New Orleans watch out! Soft hits them :)

Oldgamer
07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
yea if you're driving a car in New Orleans watch out! Soft hits them :)

Lol, once I get there and drop off my rental car, I'll be in a big orange F-150 that you can see for miles :biggrin:

Soft Serve
07-13-2009, 04:02 PM
Lol, once I get there and drop off my rental car, I'll be in a big orange F-150 that you can see for miles :biggrin:

I don't even go outside here. I'm sure the sun would kill me if I spent more then 3 hours in it, and if it didn't I'd piss someone off and they'd shoot me instead.

Arkhemedes
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't even go outside here. I'm sure the sun would kill me if I spent more then 3 hours in it, and if it didn't I'd piss someone off and they'd shoot me instead.
Oh, so now you're saying you're not roasting in the sun like the rest of us. I think you have contradicted yourself here my friend. So which is it? :biggrin:

Panthro82
07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
yea last time I checked it is really hard to do road work inside a house. :)

traesin
07-14-2009, 02:24 AM
That big ball of fire in the sky....it sucks when you work graveyard, or are alergic to it...or in my case both.

I got to say I miss Indy's weather. The first Jan. I was out here it rained 31 days straight. I hate rain. Also it's not the heat in Indy that's the problem, it's the humidity. One of my Mom's friends went out that way to visit and said that she like a little O2 in the air.

Panthro82
07-14-2009, 05:13 AM
Lets sacrifice Celine Dion!

Oldgamer
07-14-2009, 10:30 AM
That big ball of fire in the sky....it sucks when you work graveyard, or are alergic to it...or in my case both.

I got to say I miss Indy's weather. The first Jan. I was out here it rained 31 days straight. I hate rain. Also it's not the heat in Indy that's the problem, it's the humidity. One of my Mom's friends went out that way to visit and said that she like a little O2 in the air.

I love rain and the climate of the PNW, I would live there but the cost of living is phenomenally high and the pay scale is not much higher than where I'm at now. I had a job offer near Seattle that paid the same as I'm making now, but the guy I was talking to said the average house is about 3x what it is here ... I asked him "How would I live if the salary is the same, but COL is 3x higher?" He said, "You buy a $600,000 house and live in it for a year, then sell it for $700,000 and keep moving up." I said, "I can't afford a $600,000 house to begin with!" So I started looking around the north Cal, Oregon, and Washinton area's real estate and the only thing close to what I would be able to afford is a 20 year old mobile home on a small crappy trailer park lot for $200,000! I couldn't believe it. A trailer for $200k?!?!

Panthro82
07-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I love rain and the climate of the PNW, I would live there but the cost of living is phenomenally high and the pay scale is not much higher than where I'm at now. I had a job offer near Seattle that paid the same as I'm making now, but the guy I was talking to said the average house is about 3x what it is here ... I asked him "How would I live if the salary is the same, but COL is 3x higher?" He said, "You buy a $600,000 house and live in it for a year, then sell it for $700,000 and keep moving up." I said, "I can't afford a $600,000 house to begin with!" So I started looking around the north Cal, Oregon, and Washinton area's real estate and the only thing close to what I would be able to afford is a 20 year old mobile home on a small crappy trailer park lot for $200,000! I couldn't believe it. A trailer for $200k?!?!

lol times are changing. That must be some high class trailer! Built in secret underground chambers and all! :)

Oldgamer
07-14-2009, 03:06 PM
lol times are changing. That must be some high class trailer! Built in secret underground chambers and all! :)

Lol, it was gray and the picture was taken in the summer and the Christmas lights were still up around the roof line:laugh:

Panthro82
07-14-2009, 03:07 PM
sounds like we should sacrifice that trailer to the sun god?

Dark
07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
The weather this summer up in New York has been cool and rain and I mean rain. Last month we had 23 out of 30 days of rain on the upside the temperatures are in the low to mid 70's most of those days so to me thats a good thing.

Oldgamer
07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
sounds like we should sacrifice that trailer to the sun god?

:target:

Panthro82
07-14-2009, 03:14 PM
yea we have had even more rain than that in New Hampshire and the cool temperatures as well. I am starting to worry though. With all this rain it is eventually going to become unbearably humid...

Oldgamer
07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
We get rain every day between 3pm and 5pm here, the humidity stays at 90% or above from June to October. It's actually getting ready to rain right now :)

Panthro82
07-14-2009, 03:20 PM
yea here too actually! What a strange summer(weather wise) it has been so far.

Soft Serve
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM
I don't go outside here WHEN I CAN AVOID IT. IS what I had meant.

And it wasn't road work, it was boat dock work. So thneh.

I'm thinking we send Panthro to the sun god. Considering how he's now beating me in XP.

Panthro82
07-14-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't go outside here WHEN I CAN AVOID IT. IS what I had meant.

And it wasn't road work, it was boat dock work. So thneh.

I'm thinking we send Panthro to the sun god. Considering how he's now beating me in XP.

lol that is clearly flawed thinking! You can't send a Thundercat! Thundercats rule! :p

traesin
07-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Lol, it was gray and the picture was taken in the summer and the Christmas lights were still up around the roof line:laugh:

hmmm.... i might know where that trailer is.....
Yea the prices out here suck. I got lucky, my Apt. is cheap and I don't live in a bad area.

Soft Serve
07-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Anybody want to give me some good reasons to not make living in Salt Lake City a goal of mine?

I looked at it and it seems to go from East to West Lake, Beach, City, Mountains, and it has all four seasons I've heard as opposed to all time cold or all time hot.

So it looks pretty perfect to me considering I love Lakes, Beaches, City's and I grew up on a mountain. Basically perfect. So now I need someone to come and tell me that living there comes with getting a hobos initials branded into your ass or something like that, because I know it's too good to be true.

Oldgamer
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I've never heard anything bad about the place, I've never been though.

Soft Serve
07-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah. Now I've heard that it's got fair priced houses and apartments and the unemployment rate there is lower than Louisiana.

Way to stay out of the spotlight Utah...

Panthro82
07-18-2009, 01:59 PM
yea if you can put up with all the religious zealots then Utah might be a decent place to live.

Soft Serve
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I'll just wear a costume of the devil everywhere I go...

traesin
07-20-2009, 01:50 AM
ummm....in los vegas they would think you were part of a some show, if you wore a devil's costume around.

Soft Serve
07-20-2009, 02:51 PM
ummm....in los vegas they would think you were part of a some show, if you wore a devil's costume around.

Good point. I should try to make money doing it...

Arkhemedes
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Good point. I should try to make money doing it...
Yeah, but there's a bit of a problem. Last time I checked a map, I'm pretty sure Vegas was in Nevada, not Utah. Granted, it's not a far drive if you don't mind going baja.

Soft Serve
07-20-2009, 05:41 PM
I like that word even though I have no idea what it means.

Oldgamer
07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Baja (Ba-Ha) is off-roading, generally referring to desert climate, but not limited to. I'm a Jeep junkie and love to go off road ... or did before I had to sell my toy :(

Soft Serve
07-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh! The first thing I'm doing when I get back to indy is looking for some kind of Jeep. Wrangler or likewise. But no soccer-mom tanks like the Grand Cherokee.

traesin
07-21-2009, 08:33 AM
oh crap:redface:. well that's what i get for trying to think at 2pm. (that's your 2am) ohhhh I'd love to go 4 wheeling......Last think i did it we got suck in some famers field. What can i say it was in IL.

Take me with ya.........:biggrin:

Arkhemedes
07-21-2009, 08:57 AM
oh crap:redface:. well that's what i get for trying to think at 2pm. (that's your 2am) ohhhh I'd love to go 4 wheeling......Last think i did it we got suck in some famers field. What can i say it was in IL.

It's okay traesin. People make screw ups here all the time, myself included. I even try to proof read my posts before I put them up and still make mistakes. But I think it does cut down on the "Last think i did it we got suck" moments. Apparently, 8:30 am isn't your best time for posting either (sorry - it was just too funny I had to tease you.:lol:)

Oldgamer
07-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Oh! The first thing I'm doing when I get back to indy is looking for some kind of Jeep. Wrangler or likewise. But no soccer-mom tanks like the Grand Cherokee.

The toy I got rid of was a Wrangler, I loved going off road in that thing. My other vehicle, now the only one we have, is the soccer-mom Grand Cherokee :) But it is 4x4 and has a large V8, so it got kind of masculinized :)

It's okay traesin. People make screw ups here all the time, myself included. I even try to proof read my posts before I put them up and still make mistakes. But I think it does cut down on the "Last think i did it we got suck" moments. Apparently, 8:30 am isn't your best time for posting either (sorry - it was just too funny I had to tease you.:lol:)

If you weren't going to do it Ark ... I was :biggrin:

tesral
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Anybody want to give me some good reasons to not make living in Salt Lake City a goal of mine?

If you are Mormon, great. If not, not so great.

I'm enjoying the not so hot weather.. If this is global warming bring it on.

Soft Serve
07-21-2009, 01:24 PM

Your name sounds too much like "Treason" for me to take you with me anywhere.

If you are Mormon, great. If not, not so great.

I'm enjoying the not so hot weather.. If this is global warming bring it on.

No I am not...but I do know a mormon/eskimo and she's alright. She's kind aannoying and scary, but those are minor inconviences. Or however you spell that.

And no I'm not going to blame my time for my inability to spell, I'll just man-up and admit I'm dumb. :D

tesral
07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Your name sounds too much like "Treason" for me to take you with me anywhere.

No I am not...but I do know a mormon/eskimo and she's alright. She's kind (of) annoying and scary, but those are minor inconveniences. Or however you spell that.

And no I'm not going to blame my time for my inability to spell, I'll just man-up and admit I'm dumb. :D

Device called a "Spell checker". I use one all the time. It even spell checks your work.

Soft Serve
07-21-2009, 01:32 PM
Device called a "Spell checker". I use one all the time. It even spell checks your work.

CHECKER?

I don't even know her!

traesin
07-22-2009, 01:45 AM

Oh God.....and the mistakes keep coming.....:o

Well "the last think I did"....I guess I didn't do to well.:)

your post made me fall out my chair laughing. I at least know I'm not perfect. Mistakes would be worse if it wasn't for spell check.

Arkhemedes
07-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh God.....and the mistakes keep coming.....:o

Well "the last think I did"....I guess I didn't do to well.:)

your post made me fall out my chair laughing. I at least know I'm not perfect. Mistakes would be worse if it wasn't for spell check.
Yeah, I think I was giggling about it (with my inner voice of course) for at least a couple of hours. It's great when you can laugh at yourself. But I bet you proof read your last post before putting it up, didn't you? :biggrin:

Panthro82
07-22-2009, 10:26 PM
I am wicked O.C.D. about spelling! Have to spell things right when I type. I even, sometimes, will check dictionary.com to make sure on the spelling of words.

Arkhemedes
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I am wicked O.C.D. about spelling! Have to spell things right when I type. I even, sometimes, will check dictionary.com to make sure on the spelling of words.
Yeah, I've got one of the real things sitting next to my computer.

Panthro82
07-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Yea I could go get the actual dictionary but I am sitting and well....lazy

tesral
07-22-2009, 11:21 PM
I packed mine. I bought a new one several years ago and then hardly ever opened it. The Internet is right here. I can copy and paste. All my writing is on the computer.

So the unabridged Dictionary gathered dust and took shelf space.

Sascha
07-23-2009, 12:02 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s36/gray_sascha/usesofgoogle.gif

(graphjam.com ... so many hours - not wasted, exactly, but gone~ ...)

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 12:51 AM
I would have to believe that graph is false. Porn is probably somewhere around 85% in actuality. :)

Soft Serve
07-23-2009, 01:52 AM
I would have to believe that graph is false. Porn is probably somewhere around 85% in actuality. :)

The top 10 googel searches are very inappropriate.

I think 6 of them were porn related.

So yeah probably right.

traesin
07-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Yeah, I think I was giggling about it (with my inner voice of course) for at least a couple of hours. It's great when you can laugh at yourself. But I bet you proof read your last post before putting it up, didn't you? :biggrin:

yep. proof read it twice.:)
My friends in Indy are so used to me doing crap like that. You should read some of my IM's to them.:laugh:

If ya didn't know what we were talking about you'd be lost.....

Sascha
07-23-2009, 10:12 AM

The top 10 googel searches are very inappropriate.

I think 6 of them were porn related.

So yeah probably right.
'Fact' and 'accuracy' have no place in humor~

(... Unless it makes the joke funnier, that is.)

tesral
07-23-2009, 10:35 AM
'Fact' and 'accuracy' have no place in humor~

(... Unless it makes the joke funnier, that is.)

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -- Will Rogers

Sascha
07-23-2009, 12:23 PM
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
- Groucho Marx

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 03:10 PM
"I love filth!" -Oscar The Grouch

Oldgamer
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
"What the filth and foul and I'll filth and foul, filth and foul and, yeah, ya filth and foul face, and I'll filth and foul, foul, filth!" ~Bill Cosby-Himself

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 03:14 PM
"What the filth and foul and I'll filth and foul, filth and foul and, yeah, ya filth and foul face, and I'll filth and foul, foul, filth!" ~Bill Cosby-Himself

LMAO

"Dad is so great! He give us the chocolate cake! Dad is so great!" -Bill Cosby

Oldgamer
07-23-2009, 03:15 PM
"Dentists tell you not to pick your teeth with any sharp metal object. Then you sit in their chair... and the first thing they grab is an iron hook."

I just watched this the other night, I forgot how funny it was ... I only have it on VHS though, so sound or vid quality wasn't that great.

tesral
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
The first time I saw that I was literally on the floor laughing so hard it hurt.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Yea that is one of the best stand up routines ever. Bill Cosby was at the top of his game back then.

Oldgamer
07-23-2009, 03:19 PM
And he did it clean, the only curse word he used the entire show was 'asshole'. He used to make fun of Eddie Murphy for his over use of it and not needing it.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 03:22 PM
both were funny but I would have to say Bill Cosby was the better stand-up comedian. Eddie Murphy's movies were hysterical though.

Oldgamer
07-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Eddie's movies ended up getting worse after a few years. I loved the whole Beverly Hills Cop thing, those were my favorite of his.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
yea I meant his movies from the 80's, all 3 Beverly Hills Cops, Coming To America, The Golden Child.

Soft Serve
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
I love Coming to America.

And the other one that escapes me at the moment...Trading Places I think.

Those movies make me laugh everytime I see them.

Sascha
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
My grandmother would put in Bill Cosby on occasion, "warning" us kids when the (one) 'dirty' word was coming up. Funny man, that one.

Arkhemedes
07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
yea I meant his movies from the 80's, all 3 Beverly Hills Cops, Coming To America, The Golden Child.
Yeah, these days though, I'm just waiting for Murphy to jump the shark tank.

thomaswhodoubts
07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I think he needs to wait a few years, then make a Travolta-like comeback with something very serious, then try to be funny again - withOUT being a big-butted woman.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 05:05 PM
yea I know Ark. I could have done without those Dr. Doolittle and Blubber movies he has done recently...ugh(shudders)

Yea Soft it was called Trading Places. It also had Dan Akroyd in it. Great movie.

It also had a naked Jamie Lee Curtis in it, which was truly awesome. She was incredible back then...

thomaswhodoubts
07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, Trading Places. Breaking about a thousand SEC regs to screw the evil rich has never been so well done. Market manipulation with a noble cause. Great movie.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Did I mention Jamie Lee Curtis is naked in that movie. And no this wasn't her fossilized body in the present era. I am talking about 1983 Jamie Lee Curtis. She was pretty hot back in the day.

thomaswhodoubts
07-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Man, she was the hottest - and NOT a barbie clone, very refreshing in the 80's

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 05:14 PM
great side boob as well. :) I liked her in the original Halloween.

Arkhemedes
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, she was one of the original Scream Queens

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 05:19 PM
In fact the Original Halloween flicks are the founding father for scream queen/gratuitous nudity/slasher movies. I also think Jamie Lee is definitely the original Scream Queen! She was awesome.

Sascha
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Considering her mother, that's not all that surprising ;)

tesral
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, these days though, I'm just waiting for Murphy to jump the shark tank.

As long as he misses.

Panthro82
07-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Eddie Murphy just needs to stop making bad movies. Once he does that he will be awesome again! :)

Oh yea I had forgotten Jamie Lee's mom was in Psycho!

traesin
07-24-2009, 02:24 AM
I like Bill cosby's piece on noah's ark.

tesral
07-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I like Bill cosby's piece on noah's ark.

Riiight...what's a cubit?

Oldgamer
07-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Eddie Murphy just needs to stop making bad movies. Once he does that he will be awesome again! :)

Oh yea I had forgotten Jamie Lee's mom was in Psycho!

She was also in: The Fog (the original, with Jamie Lee's friend in Halloween 1 as her assistant), The Manchurian Candidate, and many other big names.

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Yea she got into the business because of her parents. Janet Leigh and Tony. She added to the name though.

thomaswhodoubts
07-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Riiight...what's a cubit?I think it is from the elbow to the wrist. Oh, wait, was that one of them rhetorical questions? I have an awful habit of answering them.

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I usually just nod and smile.

thomaswhodoubts
07-24-2009, 12:27 PM
I usually just nod and smile.
That could be dangerous - what if the question is 'Do we want to go to nuclear war?' Or 'should we drown the kitten?'

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Yep, mine is always on, too. Sometimes i type so fast words just get misspelled. I blame my laptop.

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Well you don't really need to drown the kitten if you're gonna drop nuclear bombs on it! :biggrin:

thomaswhodoubts
07-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't know - is it better to nuke a drowned kitten or a live one?

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
well if the kitten weighs as much as wood, and the kitten floats...then it is a witch! And we should not care about its well being :)

thomaswhodoubts
07-24-2009, 12:43 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gotta love the Python references. Of course, if it drowns, it's not a witch, but who cares, it's going to be nuked anyway.

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 12:45 PM
well even if it drowns it turned me into a newt!

thomaswhodoubts
07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Newly newted and nuked. That's gotta hurt.

Arkhemedes
07-24-2009, 12:49 PM
But you got better right?

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 12:50 PM
yea....and I may have put that fake nose on the kitten, but the fact still remains! BURN HER!!!

thomaswhodoubts
07-24-2009, 12:53 PM
How exactly does this all make the sun god happy? And should we follow the gourd or the sandal?

Oldgamer
07-24-2009, 12:58 PM
This is another 'front' for the Level Up thread ... there is only one other that doesn't 'front' and that's the Ding thread ... there are a few where you only think you're going to be on topic, and then realize you get trapped in the level-up sub threads!

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Yea the Ding Thread makes no bones about it. An amazing thread that. :)

Arkhemedes
07-24-2009, 01:31 PM
How about this then...

Wow, there are some hotties at the pool today! So what am I doing inside you ask?

Just taking a break from the heat.

(How's that for getting back on topic.)

Soft Serve
07-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Alright. How about we submit the Cleveland Browns to the sun gods?

Arkhemedes
07-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Alright. How about we submit the Cleveland Browns to the sun gods?
Works for me. But they might be insulted.

Soft Serve
07-24-2009, 02:56 PM
What are they gonna do about it? Be the worst team in the NFL every single year? With the dumbest team name/logo? That doesn't even fit the color of their helmets (orange) or their jerseys (red)? Cause they already do that.

Arkhemedes
07-24-2009, 03:47 PM
What are they gonna do about it? Be the worst team in the NFL every single year? With the dumbest team name/logo? That doesn't even fit the color of their helmets (orange) or their jerseys (red)? Cause they already do that.
No, I meant the sun gods might be insulted.

Trust me. I agree with you.

Soft Serve
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
No, I meant the sun gods might be insulted.

Trust me. I agree with you.

haha good. They're cursed...

Panthro82
07-24-2009, 06:30 PM
I agree. I mean seriously? The Browns? That's either racist or they are named after turds! Hey if you are a fan you can take solace in knowing that the Detroit Lions are in the same league. They went 0-16 last year!

Arkhemedes
07-24-2009, 06:55 PM
I agree. I mean seriously? The Browns? That's either racist or they are named after turds! Hey if you are a fan you can take solace in knowing that the Detroit Lions are in the same league. They went 0-16 last year!
The thing is, the Browns are such an old team that they were named back in the days when brown was an exciting color.

Soft Serve
07-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Brown was an exciting color?

Arkhemedes
07-24-2009, 10:42 PM
I told you. It was a looong time ago.

tesral
07-25-2009, 12:06 AM
I think it is from the elbow to the wrist. Oh, wait, was that one of them rhetorical questions? I have an awful habit of answering them.

The boys will be around in a bit to help you with that.

Yep, mine is always on, too. Sometimes i type so fast words just get misspelled. I blame my laptop.

"A poor workman blames his tools."

Newly newted and nuked. That's gotta hurt.

Nastily naturally.

I thought the Detroit Dyons were the worst team. You know, I don't even give a tinker's damn about sports and that was just embarrassing. Too bad we can't fire the owner that doesn't give a tinker's damn either.

Two teams were 0-16 last year? The dyons can't even be specail when they hit epic fail.

Hmmm that big new "pratice center" is a only a few miles from my house. I wonder if we can take it over as a gaming center. I mean they certianly don't use it.

Oldgamer
07-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Don't forget about the Bengals. I'm from Ohio and you wouldn't catch me dead wearing either Jersey. The only time the Browns were any good is when Bernie Kosar was there ... and the Bengals had Boomer ... their existence before and after were miserable. My mother is a HUGE fan of the Bengals, gets season tickets for her and her husband every year, tailgate parties beginning at 8am game day ... I'm embarrassed to say. :o Her husband is from Cleveland and is a Browns fan too. :o The Browns were named after their first head coach BTW, Paul Brown, he wanted "Panthers" for some ridiculous reason.

But yet the OSU Buckeyes (the worthless nut) are heavy hitters in college football, go figure.

Arkhemedes
07-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Hmmm...interesting fact about the Brown's name. Had no idea. Obviously not a Browns fan here.

thomaswhodoubts
07-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Does football make the sun god happy? Is he and Arizona fan?

Arkhemedes
07-25-2009, 02:32 PM
I doubt it. Not even the people who live in Phoenix are big on the Cards.

Soft Serve
07-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Don't forget about the Bengals. I'm from Ohio and you wouldn't catch me dead wearing either Jersey. The only time the Browns were any good is when Bernie Kosar was there ... and the Bengals had Boomer ... their existence before and after were miserable. My mother is a HUGE fan of the Bengals, gets season tickets for her and her husband every year, tailgate parties beginning at 8am game day ... I'm embarrassed to say. :o Her husband is from Cleveland and is a Browns fan too. :o The Browns were named after their first head coach BTW, Paul Brown, he wanted "Panthers" for some ridiculous reason.

But yet the OSU Buckeyes (the worthless nut) are heavy hitters in college football, go figure.

I'm more of a hockey person, but didn't they also have a Joe Brown or something like that who made them awesome? I mean Joe Brown, plays for the Browns, holy crap the posters write themselves.

I'm more of a hockey nut. The Blue Jackets aren't remarkably bad, but they aren't noticeably good either. They're named after the colors we used in the Revolutionary War. Phoenix Coyotes are cheaters I think. The last time Pittsburgh played them we had like 9 penalties and 4 goals taken away because they didn't get kicked in right, or someone used their hand or some nonsense like that. I'm pretty sure they buy their way into wins.

But I was born in Pittsburgh (McKeesport but close enough), so I'm proud of the Steelers win this year, and the Penguins win this year, and the fact I get to rub it in two different groups of peoples faces that my city won. (Hockey fans and Football fans)

I have a new idea. People caught using drugs in sports can be shipped to the sun god. Theres a win. As well as the writers of FATAL from the Worst RPG ever thread, and BBSW.

Arkhemedes
07-25-2009, 03:08 PM
You know what's weird is that there is actually a fair amount of Steelers fans here in the Dallas area. I know quite a few. They even have a bar where Steelers fans meet. Not exactly crazy about it myself. But, oh well, what are you gonna do about it eh?

traesin
07-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I love Nascar and I live in a area were no-one knows about Nascar. The going on about some team named the Blaizers....

Jmkeylon
07-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm a steelers fan! I've been one since I was in like... first grade? but I only chose them because I wanted to keep all my teams in the same town and I was already a pirates fan. so I'm also a penguins fan.

tesral
07-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm more of a hockey person.

"Hockey" is an old Huron word for "white guys on ice".

traesin
07-25-2009, 04:05 PM
:rofl:

Oldgamer
07-25-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm more of a hockey fan myself, the Blue Jackets reigning at #1 with me because it's my hometown. They actually did better than the Stars this last year and made it to the playoffs, I was quite proud of them :) When in high school, I used to play wing in inter mural hockey with the OSU team at ST. John's Arena ... I used to get my ass handed to me at first by the big guys, but I learned better speed and puck handling and they couldn't touch me, my wrist shots were nearly as fast as a pro's slapshot ... or so I was told. I had great aim and made goals quite a bit. I was thinking about going pro, but moving around as a kid had me hanging with the wrong crowd and I never thought of it again until I was much older and wished I'd given it a try. My favorite player would have to be the Great One, I even had the same equipment as him :)

As far as football goes, Steeler's are my fav. as well, they have been since the Steele Curtain.

Arkhemedes
07-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I watch the Stars on occasion myself, especially around play-off time. But man they sure choked this last time around.

Panthro82
07-25-2009, 07:31 PM
I watch Hockey....unfortunately. I bleed brown and yellow every single year. For Yes, I am a die hard Bruins fan. They break my frickin heart EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Yet for some reason I keep coming back for more. This year they lost on a shot in overtime made by a guy who should have been suspended! The god(s) hate the Bruins.

Also the Detroit Lions are the only team to ever go 0-16 in an NFL season....ever. I love football and it was hard for me to even stomach 2 minute game "highlights" on ESPN of them. I propose we sacrifice them to the sun god?

traesin
07-26-2009, 01:09 PM
I watch Hockey....unfortunately. I bleed brown and yellow every single year. For Yes, I am a die hard Bruins fan. They break my frickin heart EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Yet for some reason I keep coming back for more. This year they lost on a shot in overtime made by a guy who should have been suspended! The god(s) hate the Bruins.

Also the Detroit Lions are the only team to ever go 0-16 in an NFL season....ever. I love football and it was hard for me to even stomach 2 minute game "highlights" on ESPN of them. I propose we sacrifice them to the sun god?

I know how you feel....I'm a life long Cubs fan

Soft Serve
07-26-2009, 07:50 PM
"Hockey" is an old Huron word for "white guys on ice".

They need a musical named that...

I love the Bruins too. Penguins #1, Bruins #2, Canes #3, Red Wings #30. :mad:

I'm glad detriot fails at, at least one sport. I think they have a good baseball team don't they? And the Red Wings are one of the greatest hockey teams. Plus don't feel so bad for the Bruins lost. Tim Thomas won some awards at the end of this season.

I know how you feel....I'm a life long Cubs fan

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Good one...

Cubs fan...haha....Can I use that joke?

traesin
07-27-2009, 01:30 AM
thanks......:). Can I help it? I Grew up in IL. My Grandpa was a Cubs fan.

tesral
07-27-2009, 08:43 AM
thanks......:). Can I help it? I Grew up in IL. My Grandpa was a Cubs fan.

A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xBxZGQ1dJk)

Panthro82
07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
With the team and management they have now. I could see the Cubs going 2 to 3 hundred years before they win another world series.

traesin
07-29-2009, 03:38 AM
that's how it's been for a looooong time. They just need to let a goat in.:)

templeorder
07-29-2009, 09:02 AM
The sun god can lick my salty underside.
You can stop now everyone, not only is he appeased, but his is raining his golden goodness down in abundance - like a... well, like a "golden shower". I hate this heat, i wish the nightmare was over in Seattle. I'm simply not used to it. If i wanted this, i'd live somewhere else... bleah.

Arkhemedes
07-29-2009, 11:33 AM
Heat in Seattle....raining all week in Dallas... how weird is that?

Doom Crow
07-29-2009, 11:56 AM
It's all the mythical global warming's fault.. No, it's Il Nino!!

Soft Serve
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
It's all the mythical global warming's fault.. No, it's Il Nino!!
I hate when people blame global warming. It's going to get colder before global warming kicks in. I forget the logic behind it but someone smart told me once and he was in the freemasons so I believe him. (They know everything!)

Doom Crow
07-29-2009, 04:03 PM
we are all going to be very cold soon:
http://www.winningreen.com/site/epage/59549_621.htm

Sascha
07-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Marge Simpson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001413/): We wouldn't be in this mess if you just paid the heating bill.
Homer Simpson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/): I thought global warming would take care of it. Can't Al Gore do anything right?
The Simpsons, 19.11, "That 90's Show"

Arkhemedes
07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
It's always been a pet peeve of mine when people refer to a gas bill or an electric bill as a 'heating bill' or a 'light bill'. Don't people know that there are no plants that create heat or light which then gets transmitted to their homes through wires and pipes?

tesral
07-29-2009, 05:56 PM
It's always been a pet peeve of mine when people refer to a gas bill or an electric bill as a 'heating bill' or a 'light bill'. Don't people know that there are no plants that create heat or light which then gets transmitted to their homes through wires and pipes?

Right, it's energy extortion.

Arkhemedes
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
It's kind of like the term 'air conditioner.' Not that 'air conditioner' is entirely inaccurate. But a more accurate term would be 'heat remover'. Air conditioners don't create cold air. They simply remove the heat. If people understood this then they would better understand why I can only make their ACs do so much. There is a limit how much heat can be removed from the air during the brief time that it passes through the AC unit.

(Clearly this is another pet peeve of mine.:biggrin:)

traesin
07-30-2009, 02:29 AM
all I can say is....THANK GOD FOR MINE. Portland hit 106. that's 2 days in a row. we aren't to get out of the 90's till next weekend.

Soft Serve
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
all I can say is....THANK GOD FOR MINE. Portland hit 106. that's 2 days in a row. we aren't to get out of the 90's till next weekend.

....Can we send the New Orleans Saints to the sun god? I think they just now figured out that they should use rookie players...

thomaswhodoubts
06-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Thread Necromancy run amok. Although I'm sure it's hot somewhere, the 5th in Paris is just fine right now.

Arkhemedes
06-01-2010, 06:06 PM
North Texas. It's suppose to be 103 by this weekend. Yeah, summer is back with a vengeance.

thomaswhodoubts
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
North Texas. It's suppose to be 103 by this weekend. Yeah, summer is back with a vengeance.
My sympathies. I hope it's at least dry and hot.

Soft Serve
06-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm in Indiana this year. Where weather has more than one dimension.

tesral
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
You ain't just whistling Dixie there boy.

thomaswhodoubts
06-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Heat and humidity? Yeah, when I go back to Gettysburg, I'm sure that's waiting for me there. I miss Portland.

cplmac
06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
We'll be sure to save some for when you get here Thomas. Although it should rain this weekend due to the Arts Festival going on. More fun....hot, humid, and raining.

Soft Serve
06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
We'll be sure to save some for when you get here Thomas. Although it should rain this weekend due to the Arts Festival going on. More fun....hot, humid, and raining.

Fumid?

thomaswhodoubts
06-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Fumid?
:lol::lol:

Wet and hot is bad - man, do I miss adolescence:rockon:!

Soft Serve
06-05-2010, 01:27 PM
I was very tired when posting that but it seemed like Fun & Humid went so well together....

Arkhemedes
06-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Thermometer in my truck said 117 degrees today. Obviously, it wasn't really that hot here, but not far from it. :eek:

Law
06-06-2010, 07:49 AM
It is supposed to be 95F today. Going to the pool!

Soft Serve
06-12-2010, 12:52 AM
Thermometer in my truck said 117 degrees today. Obviously, it wasn't really that hot here, but not far from it. :eek:

Your truck must have your thermometer set to sexy.

It's when the thermometer measures how "HAWT" you are instead of the temperature.

Your truck must be sleek or really self centered.

Blydden
06-12-2010, 08:37 AM
THE SUN MUST DIE! MWHAHAHAHA!!!!1

I also like winter much more than summer. Which must be why I love the Raven Queen infinitely more than Pelor.

Also, to clarify the first post, the Aztecs sacrificed one person everyday...by carving out the person's heart at a temple...to make sure that the sun would indeed rise every morning. They feared if they failed to do this sacrificial savagery, the sun would never rise again! Personally, I'd say good riddants.

Sadly, the sun is an important part of our solar system. Without the sun, we'd all be dead. And earth would be a giant floating ice ball. So, we need the sun. Kind of like women. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Thank god I am in my nice air-conditioned house. MWHAHAHAHA!

Sascha
06-12-2010, 01:26 PM
I also like winter much more than summer. Which must be why I love the Raven Queen infinitely more than Pelor.
Or Mab over Titania~ (Though any sane person would stay the heck away from the sidhe, regardless of court :P)

Also, to clarify the first post, the Aztecs sacrificed one person everyday...by carving out the person's heart at a temple...to make sure that the sun would indeed rise every morning. They feared if they failed to do this sacrificial savagery, the sun would never rise again! Personally, I'd say good riddants.
There's some evidence that suggests the number sacrificed was exaggerated to increase the fear factor with neighbors. Or by the Spanish, to demonize the Aztecs.

Sadly, the sun is an important part of our solar system. Without the sun, we'd all be dead. And earth would be a giant floating ice ball. So, we need the sun.
But there'd still be life~ Until the extremophiles die off. Though, if Earth was like ... Europa? I think ... the liquid water would be caused by tidal forces, and not the sun's energies; heated, indirectly, by gravity~! (Curse you, Neil deGrasse Tyson! Curse you and your fantastic science writings.)

Soft Serve
06-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Or Mab over Titania~ (Though any sane person would stay the heck away from the sidhe, regardless of court :P)

Or Diana over Apollo right?

There's some evidence that suggests the number sacrificed was exaggerated to increase the fear factor with neighbors. Or by the Spanish, to demonize the Aztecs.

Because sailing to a new land and discovering a new civilization wasn't interesting enough of a story back home.

But there'd still be life~ Until the extremophiles die off. Though, if Earth was like ... Europa? I think ... the liquid water would be caused by tidal forces, and not the sun's energies; heated, indirectly, by gravity~! (Curse you, Neil deGrasse Tyson! Curse you and your fantastic science writings.)

If you can call that life. Or earth at that point.

Sascha
06-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Or Diana over Apollo right?
In keeping with the Greek, Artemis, yes.

Because sailing to a new land and discovering a new civilization wasn't interesting enough of a story back home.
At that point, new civilizations were practically a dime a dozen. Plus, embellishing human sacrifice made it easier for the good Spanish Catholics to purge the heretics. (So they could take the gold.)

If you can call that life. Or earth at that point.
"Life as we know it" is constantly proven to be, shall we say, myopic. 'Specially with critters that get their energies from Not-the-Sun.

Soft Serve
06-14-2010, 02:58 AM
At that point, new civilizations were practically a dime a dozen. Plus, embellishing human sacrifice made it easier for the good Spanish Catholics to purge the heretics. (So they could take the gold.)

"Life as we know it" is constantly proven to be, shall we say, myopic. 'Specially with critters that get their energies from Not-the-Sun.

I get the spanish heretic purging and good for them getting what they want, but they didn't need to justify it I think. They could have just as easily said "There's people here who have what we want so we'll get it and because we are more important than you we will do what we want to do." to their people. Actually I don't see why most governments don't just act that way instead of the little facade they put on about keeping people happy.

"Life as we know it" pretty much has to be myopic because if it wasn't we wouldn't "know it". No one can predict the future down to a dime. Especially with critters that get their energies from not-the-sun.