PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition

Dark Clown
07-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Anyone looking to play in a SWSE game? The concept I'm running is of a squad of clone troopers and their Jedi general are sent on a mission to an outer rim world (still working on what, exactly) near the end of the war. I'm looking for 4-5 players: one Jedi (any clone wars era race), and three or four clone trooper characters (class limits would be soldier or scout). Posting requirements would be 3-4 posts per week.

Before I get into starting levels, etc, I want to see what the interest level in this would be. So post up if you're interested in a play by post game and can commit to the game.

telgalad
08-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I just started looking at play by post games and am interested in playing in a Star Wars Saga game... if you start one I'd be interested in playing...

dietrich87
08-18-2009, 05:57 PM
me too :) been reading some traviss books lately, so a clone squad would be awesome

telgalad
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
If dark Clown Isn't interested in playing anymore is anyone else interested in Dming this or a different Star Wars Saga game???

russdm
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I want to play in this one. I have always wanted to play a clone trooper/commando. I enjoyed teh republic commando game and the books by karen travis. Oya! Oya! Oya Manda!

dietrich87
08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
i hope some gm appears! :(

russdm
08-20-2009, 06:08 PM
i want to play not dm, i am already running another game and dont want to do a second one besides the non-online one i want to run.

i thought the first poster was going to run this game.

edit:

If it is absolutely necessary and we are unable to find another GM, then i can try running something, but only after we try everything else. I would prefer running my second swse campaign live, but i can transer it for online play, but it would have changes made, so it wouldnt be the same campaign. just fyi.

But i want to play so this is a last option.

russdm
08-25-2009, 06:38 PM
So? Did you find anyone? to DM yet?

russdm
08-26-2009, 09:30 PM
So whats going on here?

dietrich87
08-27-2009, 08:33 AM
So whats going on here?

mmm... no luck here, after serious dm hunting :ohwell:

and i also tought DClown would be running this

i say lets wait a little bit more, then go with rssdm option.

any other toughts?

telgalad
08-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Not much else we can do... it doesn't seem like hes either interested anymore or has dropped the entire forum... Either way I'm still up for pretty much any Star Wars Saga game... if another Dm can be found the all's good and well... if not... ill go back to hunting through forums for another game...

russdm
08-27-2009, 03:42 PM
i say lets wait a little bit more, then go with rssdm option.

I can second that. Though i am suprised Darkclown would mention starting a game then just walk away.

If I run it, I will need to make some modifications to my planned adventure.

Dark Clown
08-28-2009, 12:09 AM
God guys, I'm sorry! I had waited a couple weeks and hadn't gotten any replies, and just kinda said to hell with it. But if you're all still interested, then so am I! The idea hasn't panned out at my table top game (we're playing Changeling: The Lost right now), and I still very much am in love with the concept!

So yeah, I'm around, and I'll be back regularly now. :D

russdm
08-28-2009, 02:04 PM
So I will make up make up my clone trooper then and post him up as soon as I can.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
whats our starting credits?

telgalad
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Very good... Very good indeed... Now lets get down to business... I suppose if your a clone you have to be Human??? and what level are we starting at??? And has someone already volunteered to be the Jedi??? And what book are we using???(I have a copy of all of them) And also are we going to need star ships and do we have to buy them or are they given to us if the reasonable...

russdm
08-30-2009, 12:06 AM
I will post up my clone character tommorrow since i have not made him yet.

russdm
08-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I have finished my character. I can post him up. I went with first level and gave him extra gear since i figured he would have some items standard issued for him being a clone trooper.

i will post it up soon.

Dark Clown
08-30-2009, 07:36 PM
Actually, the clone build we'll be using for this game is featured on page 91 of the Clone Wars Campaign Guide, under the table named Clone Heroes.

Every character begins with the starting abilities listed at first level. Go ahead and make 3rd level characters. Also, if anyone knows who would make a good Jedi, please invite them to join us. For starting credits, begin with the starting credits for class, and multiply them by each level you take. First level would be 100 credits, for example, second would be 200, third would be 300. At 3rd level, you'd have 600 starting credits to buy gear, supplies, etc.

For starships, don't worry about purchasing any. Any transport can/will be provided during game play.

russdm
08-31-2009, 01:55 PM
So here is my character upped to 3rd level.
Vord
Clone Human Soldier 3
Force 5 Darkside 0
Init + Senses Perception +0
Languages Basic, Mando'a
Defenses Ref 16, Fortitude 15, Will 13
HP 40 Threshold 15
Speed 6 Squares
Melee +5 (Unarmed attack 1d6)
Ranged +5
Base Atk +3 Grp

Abilities Str 15, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Talents Demolitionist, Armored Defense
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Weapon Proficiency (Pistols, Rifles, Simple Weapons), Point Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Mechanics), Martial Arts 1
Skills Initiative +8, Knowledge (Tactics) +7, Mechanics +12, Pilot +7, Use Computer +7
Possessions Tool Kit, Comlink-Short Range, Sporting Blaster Pistol, 75 credits, clothes

Jayzilla
08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
I'll play in this as a clone soldier if it's still open. The only book I have access to is the RCR. :)

[edit:] ahh, sad, I don't have this aforementioned clone rulebook. I'll just have to go find a 'normal' game, I suppose.

dietrich87
09-01-2009, 04:06 AM
Hepto
Clone Human Soldier 3
Force 5 Darkside 0
Languages Basic, Mando'a
Defenses Ref 18, Fortitude 18, Will 13
HP 46 Threshold 18
Speed 6 Squares
Ranged +4
Base Atk +3 Grp

Abilities Str 15, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Talents Armored Defense, Harm's Way
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Weapon Proficiency (Pistols, Rifles, Simple Weapons), Coordinated Strike, Skill Focus (Treat Injury), Martial Arts 1
Skills Initiative +7, Endurance +7, Perception +6, Survival +6, Treat Injury +11
Possessions Clone Trooper Armor, Utility Belt with Medpack, Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Datapad

+HP 2lvls

_Schneider_
09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi guys
Can i still join as a clone?

If so, you will be having my char by evening

cya

pd: testing rolls :P

Slipstream
09-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Just piping in to say have fun with your clones. In my weekly tabletop game, I play a clone scout that deserted his post shortly before Order 66 and has joined a band of bounty hunters. It's fun!

Go tear those clanka's apart!

russdm
09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I edited my clone to represent the 600 credits we get. I would like to ask why it is only 600 credits since that makes no sense to me at all. Thats only enough to buy a couple of things and nothing else.

Didn't the Republic give all of its clone forces armor and weapons? Atleast thats what I thought...

dietrich87
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Didn't the Republic give all of its clone forces armor and weapons? Atleast thats what I thought...

maybe its all part of the set up... plz specify if we have to get worn off all our shiny gear, or its some kind of joke :D

schneider, i think there is room for more players. Until i dont see somebody else's posts, i think russdm, dclown and me, are still in.

btw, any body knows about telgalad? to me he was the most interested guy until some point

_Schneider_
09-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Naix
Clone Human Soldier 3
Force 5 Darkside 0
Languages Basic, Mando'a
Defenses Ref 19, Fortitude 17, Will 13
HP 43 Threshold 17
Speed 6 Squares
Ranged +4
Base Atk +3 Grp

Abilities Str 15, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Talents Armored Defense, Devastating Attack
Feats Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium), Weapon Proficiency (Pistols, Rifles, Simple Weapons), Point Blank Shot, Weapon Proficiency (Heavy Weapons), Martial Arts 1
Skills climb+8, endurance+6, initiative+8, perception+6, pilot+8
Possessions

_Schneider_ rolls some dice

telgalad
09-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Yeah sorry about that delay guys... First week of school was a killer... anyways I hope to have my character made by tonight and posted...

*Roll Testing 2d10*
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Hey... I first thought i knew how the dice thing worked... but apparently i don't actually know... can someone either tell me how or point be to a thread that shows people how???

dietrich87
09-02-2009, 08:06 AM
*Roll Testing 2d10*

Hey... I first thought i knew how the dice thing worked... but apparently i don't actually know... can someone either tell me how or point be to a thread that shows people how???

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8979

Explained!

it seems we only need a jedi now... if he/she doesnt appear soon, we could try to run a co-op jedi, that is one we use in turns. ie i attack some guy with the jedi, then russdm does, etc; and when he needs to speak, we can take turns also

suggestions?

telgalad
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Sorry... guys but as the school year goes on im probably not going to be able to play much... i just dont have the time i thought i did...sorry if you were waiting on me for anything and i hope the game goes well... May the Force be with you...Always...

russdm
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
So whats happening with the game here? Are we starting soon?

dietrich87
09-06-2009, 07:26 PM
understood telgaland... thats the problem with real lifes! :)

i dont know what happened to DClown this time, i hope he is busy making us a really big adventure... lets pray!

russdm
09-16-2009, 04:39 PM
so? we still playing?

russdm
09-24-2009, 04:49 PM
looks like to me that this game is not going.

dietrich87
09-26-2009, 07:22 PM
mmm i think so... what a pity! if anyone makes other one, please keep us informed, so we can join right away

wulfgar187
12-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Well I'm new to the forums here...and joined hoping to join in a saga edition game. This game though it may be dead seems like a good idea, it also seems the only reason it hasn't started is your missing a jedi. If that's the case I can work on a jedi character of some sort...just need to know a few things.

1) What level would I need to make the character?
2) How would I do the stats?
3) What races, classes and books would be allowed...as I have all the books minus the droid and republic era books?

If this game is truly dead...and if anyone knows of a saga edition game here on the forums that has room for one more would you please tell me?

Silkblade
03-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I am interested and I would play a Jedi. Hopefully this doesn't just die off!

russdm
03-31-2010, 10:10 PM
This game has died. I dont know of any open saga games. Both of mine are as full up as i want to make them.

Hopefully someone will make a saga game for pbp on here...but not sure how likely that will be....