PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4th edition campaign starting, looking for players

Zephrym
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
I am starting a new campaign in a fairly traditional homebrew setting (I focus on intriguing plot over bizarre settings). I am now ready to recruit players for it. There will be a good mix of role playing and combat. I have DMed for over 10 years. Although this will be the first 4e game I run, I have been playing 4th edition since in was released.

Sessions will most likely be at the Gamers' Inn, once a week. The day of the week is still dependent on everyone's schedule. Please reply if you have any interest and we can get the adventures rolling!

adamgibbons
07-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I would be interested in joining up. I have been playing 4E for a while now and need a new group to play with. I typically play a paladin or any defender class.

adamgibbons
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Just wondering how this is going?

ColonelGraves
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
As I indicated by PM, I am interested if you are still working on this project, within the lamentable constraints of my upcoming absence, as noted in my PM. Also, If you are lacking for players, I may have a friend that would be willing to join us as well.

praksis
07-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Still looking for more players? Would be interested in giving 4th another shot if you are.

Wogoat
07-21-2009, 08:06 PM
I've been looking for a local group interested in playing 4e. I'll toss my hat in the ring if you're still looking for new players.

SKATTERHAWK
07-23-2009, 05:59 PM
I haven't played 4th ED since it came out and that was only a few sessions. I would love to get bacl into it tho. The character I enjoyed playing was a Ranger. However, I am pretty open to whatever fits into the adventure.:cool:
THX
Dustin

5Gorillas
07-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I am interested if some one is willing to show me the ropes. I have the 4th edition books and want to plow into them but i don't know the mechanics. i had an idea for a setting as well that i would like to share it doesn't have to be used but, i think it would be a fun concept.

themannliche
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
hi all i am new on the site but i am looking for getting into a game

5Gorillas
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't know how many are checking up on this but, i am open in the evenings for the most part. i happen to live down the street from the gamers inn. I'm in if you guys want try running a game. i have been reading the books. the players manual 2 seems to have alot of cool races. we should see how many are up for it.

SKATTERHAWK
08-01-2009, 02:32 AM
I would be down for that. I played a few rounds when 4thED launched a year ago. Have not played since. I shifted from 2nd into 4th Edition, I never had the 3rd ed to use as a transition, so I am still feeling my way in the new version. I would prefer to start as a player before I atempt DM'ing again. That way I can learn by doing.

Wogoat
08-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Well, there have certainly been enough people on this thread just in the past week to run a potential game. I have little to no DMing experience myself, but 4e looks especially simple to run.

Even if the OP is no longer looking for players, we ought to be able find enough interested people based on this thread to set something up. I'd be game to try running a pre-made delve or something simple if nobody else is up to DM.

My schedule is currently a bit wonky, later evenings would probably suit me best at the moment.

5Gorillas
08-02-2009, 07:00 AM
I am not sure if the original dm is even still looking at this but, if we pool the guys we have here we would could run something. first and for most we should do a head count and figure out how many we have. my only real time constraint is the weekend days because thats when i work. if we set it up in the middle of the week then i'm good. maybe are first sit down would be just to run the system and get everyone on the same page. then we could make somthing longer. i have some ideas that i think would be good. like a secret society of knee destroying gnomes. yeah, that would be great. maybe top hats. as the source of all power. yeah yeah that sounds great. these are all good things.

Wogoat
08-03-2009, 10:28 PM
Well, if everyone interested is new to 4e, I've played a small amount. Enough that I could probably run a small delve-length session to get everyone familiarized with the rules. (You'd have to go easy on me, I've never GMed before)

But I'd totally be up for it if nobody else wants to or is uncomfortable GMing, probably ideally on a weekday evening (around 6ish). Gamer's Inn is a decent location, there's also Game Depot a little farther north in Tempe. That'd depend on the location of everyone interested. (but I have no idea how late they stay open, starting at 6 could lead to a late game)

So, I suppose this would call for a show of hands. Who wants to try to schedule something, and when would be best for everyone?

5Gorillas
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM
how does Wednesday at 6 work for everybody. the gamers inn is good for me because its just up the road and its open 24 hours. But, i could go to game depot too. I have both players manuals and the dm book. we could try and meet up tomorrow or next week. kind of a meet and greet.

thereal87
08-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Is this game still a plan? What happened to the original DM?

Zephrym
08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Sorry for not responding sooner. I do have a full group now. It is nice to see so much interest though. If I get an opening I will be sure to let you know. Please, by all means, try to get a second game going.

SKATTERHAWK
08-13-2009, 12:41 AM
Okay, :welcome:
Skatterhawk (DUSTIN) here. Don't know how much progress has been made in Assembling the Adventurers.:horn: I was out of town working last week.
I think that between the few of us we can mess comething together. First we need to excange info and coordinate a meeting time, just to feel things out. Gamers INN seems like the best bet. That way we can decide the best way to proceed. Who shall play, who shall DM.
I have not played in over a year, and not DM'ed in 18 months. I am itching to get back in.
I do love DM'ing. But have not done 4th ED. And I know I am a learn by doing person. So, that is why I would like to start as a player. If need be, I could run things, but would rely on a person for GM (Game Mechanics) I used to do Forgotten Realms(Before 4th ED jacked it all to HELL) and Home-brew. Prefer Home-brew because you never have to hear "Vangerdahst would'nt do that"
Home-Brew: I do Campaigns more than adventures. I like players to evolve their characters as the story and years unfold. 50/50 Role-play/Combat. The story is the root of all. I like to touch of world shaping events. Geo-Political tensions, Love, and War. I left off a campaign at the tip of a war, that I am dying to get back to.
As a player, I role-play. I like to evolve my character, and the story unfolds.
Contact info: DUSTIN cell:480-242-0408
Adventurers Assemble :fencing:
--- Merged from Double Post ---
To all interested as the NEW party
Okay, :welcome:
Skatterhawk (DUSTIN) here. Don't know how much progress has been made in Assembling the Adventurers.:horn: I was out of town working last week.
I think that between the few of us we can mess comething together. First we need to excange info and coordinate a meeting time, just to feel things out. Gamers INN seems like the best bet. That way we can decide the best way to proceed. Who shall play, who shall DM.
I have not played in over a year, and not DM'ed in 18 months. I am itching to get back in.
I do love DM'ing. But have not done 4th ED. And I know I am a learn by doing person. So, that is why I would like to start as a player. If need be, I could run things, but would rely on a person for GM (Game Mechanics) I used to do Forgotten Realms(Before 4th ED jacked it all to HELL) and Home-brew. Prefer Home-brew because you never have to hear "Vangerdahst would'nt do that"
Home-Brew: I do Campaigns more than adventures. I like players to evolve their characters as the story and years unfold. 50/50 Role-play/Combat. The story is the root of all. I like to touch of world shaping events. Geo-Political tensions, Love, and War. I left off a campaign at the tip of a war, that I am dying to get back to.
As a player, I role-play. I like to evolve my character, and the story unfolds.
Contact info: DUSTIN cell:480-242-0408
Adventurers Assemble

thereal87
08-13-2009, 04:43 AM
I'm down for a new group.

I've never played 4e but I could check it out (is it much different than 3.5?) . What place and time works for you? I live like 2 miles from Gamers Inn and I don't work (I work graveyard shift) Friday or Saturday nights. I normally go out on Saturday nights so I would like to do it like Saturday during the day or like every other Friday night.