PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia

SirKicley
07-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Recently I found the joys of running the game of Paranoia and have found it quite fun and hilarious!

Since, I have found it difficult to find those in the area interested in getting together to play, but when we have played we have a blast.

For the most part, I would be interested in running the game one or two times per month most likely on a Friday eve or occasional Saturday - not set schedule - just when we can.

I have run 3 such games already and am getting better and better at it - and recently bought a BUNCH of books and reading as much as possible - so my dedication to playing and running this game is pretty high.

I have fallen in love with the game and can't say enough about how fun it truly is.

If you don't know the rules - all the better - the game is better played without having great knowledge of it (as a player). No, I'm not kidding. In fact one fo the main rules of the game is that "the players are no allowed to know the rules." All the better for a game that is meant to keep your character completely paranoid all the time.

If you've ever considered trying this game out - I can't encourage you enough - it's the most fun I've ever had for 5 hours, and those who have played here would agree.

If you're interested, or would like more info about the game etc, feel free free to email me directly at

SirKicley(at)yahoo(dot)com with "Paranoia RPG" in the subject line.

I'd be happy to hear from you.

Doom Crow
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I've played in two games so far and both have been a huge blast. The missions and the character interaction are hilarious and loads of fun. I've played a different character each time and I can't wait to play again once the night's over. Robert does a fantastic job of keeping the mission flowing while dooming us all in many funny and zany ways. If you've never played Paranoia, you need to understand this principle: your character is going to die. That's the point of the game. You are given a suicide mission by a facist, whacked out of its mind AI and everyone will die over the course of the mission, that's why everybody has 6 clones on standby in case you die, to spit another one of you out so you can get thrown back into the fun (and fire). This is a comedic type of game. People shouldn't get their ego's hurt when their character dies like in other P&P games because it is inevitable, the whole point of the game is to do bad things to other players and not get caught doing it! It's a hell of a good time and if you have the time and are open to try something different then by all means come out and join us!