PDA

View Full Version : Age of Worms

SirKicley
07-05-2009, 04:41 AM
I am currently running the Age of Worms campaign written by Paizo Publishing for Dungeon Magazine in 2005.

We are just finishing Chapter 4 (of 12) and we recently lost one player - so I'm looking to replace him.

During the Pathfinder BETA playtesting, I used the BETA rules along with the 3.5 rules of D&D to create a hybrid, with new mechanics that I am currently playtesting with this game.

The philosophy of the rules was borne of having run Shackled City Campaign which saw the characters reach 18th level, and I learned just how crazy things can get with the 3.5 rules of D&D when characters get 14+ level - especially with the number of modifiers and dice that must be rolled from all the attacks available.

My system that I'm redesigning helps balance especially at higher levels - and making character classes more attractive at higher levels with more options - so as to give players more desire to play them instead of multi-classing or choosing prestige classes as the obvious option.

One thing to note is that I try to run games simple. I do not use supplement books, I keep everything to the CORE rules for the most part with the standard core races and classes.

IF you're the type of player that needs every supplement under the sun to play your Half-Dragon Warlock/Pscionist with the Vow of Poverty feat, you would be disappointed with this game. If you're the type to really enjoy a good game with a great plot, great storytelling, good teamwork and comeraderie among the other players, and a chance to roleplay and develop a good character with a lot of creativity, then I encourage you to check us out.

WhiskeyFur
07-09-2009, 11:42 AM
This does sound interesting and it's within 50 miles of me.

What days do you play?

SirKicley
07-09-2009, 11:16 PM
hey there! Funny, but I just send you a detailed private message about the game - since I saw you just joined and were looking for something and your bio/preferences seemed to fit.

To answer your question: We play approximately every other Saturday (2 saturdays a month on avg - sometimes back to back with a stretch of a few weeks in between or the first and last week of a month - but 2 a month on avg - just depending on schedules for everyone.

We play from 10 AM to 6 PM.

I got two players that commute 70 miles from Stockton to play!

Our next game is this Saturday the 11th and the following Saturday on 18th - then a few week break until August 8th.

Send me an email to SirKicley(at)yahoo(dot)com to discuss more specifics.

Robert

Doom Crow
07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
As a former player of Robert's campaigns from when he was running his Sahckled City game, I can tell you that no other gamer and DM (myself included) puts forth the amount of detailed planning, feedback, creativity and effort in his game execution than SirKicley does.

I am usually the DM in my group and so it's a rare treat for me to play in a game, probably a 3 to 1 ratio as far as games I've DM'ed vs games I've been a player in. I can say with all sincerity that Robert has been my favorite GM hands down, he has a natural talent for sotrytelling and taking material and adding to it to make it his own and give it some extra creatie panache. Every one of his players has a great time, and appreciates the amount of time he devotes to entertain us with his with his game.

I am no longer able to play in Robert's games because my wife and I moved away to be stationed at another Air Force base and I cannot make the trip to play on the days they play on a regular basis, but I do come down for a good Paranoia game he also runs from time to time so I still get to enjoy Robert's wonderful storytelling. I highly reccommend Robert's game to anyone who is able to attend and play a character they want to role-play and see develop over time over the course of a great detail-immersed story that revolves around the choices the characters in the party make throughout the campaign.

Cheers,
Kevin