PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood CA

ralphnpjr
12-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Does ANYONE play RPG'S in the Hollywood/Los Angeles area? This lack of player availability is disheartening. I just want to get on a campaign, any campaign at all. Please contact me at ralphnpjr@yahoo.com if you or someone you know needs a player. :(

Grimwell
12-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Don't give up hope! Ten years ago I moved to Riverside and felt the same for a while. It took me six months to find the gamers, but when I did it was awesome. If you aren't familiar with it, check out Strategicon (http://www.strategicon.net/). Their next con is 'Orc Con' in Feburary. They do good conventions, or did a decade ago. You will discover many, many gamers at the con. Walk around with a sign on that says "Where are the gamers in Hollywood?" and see what happens. People will smile and laugh, but you will find some new friends too.

I'd offer to hang and play at least monthly, but I'm in Michigan and moving to San Diego, which is quite a drive for ya.

Farcaster
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
When I first moved to Dallas more than ten years ago, I first scoured the local comic shops for postings. I didn't have a lot of luck, actually, but eventually, I was able to convince some of my work buddies to get into or back into playing. I have found in much easier to start a group as the game master than to find a group to join.

ralphnpjr
12-21-2006, 04:47 PM
I thought about GMing but alas I suffer from too little experience in this department. I did GM various RPG'S in junior high/high school but I would hardly constitute this as experience because I could only find one person to play with(he would play 3 or 4 characters) and it was really just hack/slash for fun. It's been years since I've even thought about it so I feel I really need to experience the RPG experience from a players perspective for at least a little while before I gave my hand at GM. I feel if I did it would just be a disaster....

Grimwell
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Actually, that level of hesitance and caution indicates a potential good GM candidate. You know it's not easy, and that it's hard work that you would want done right. That's step one. :)