PDA

View Full Version : Yarl County ( 4e campaign )

darelf
06-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey,

Just started a 4e campaign last weekend, and we could really use one more player. We play at my place, near downtown Nashville. Normally we alternate between Saturday and Sunday afternoons. We usually play weekly, but of course holidays and whatnot put gaps in the schedule at times.

Today is the second session, so this is still ground floor of the campaign if someone wants to jump in soon. We have a Rogue, Barbarian, Ranger, Sorcerer and Druid.

Setting is unplanned 4x. We create the npcs, settings and such as we go. Very much emphasis on shared setting.

yukonhorror
06-27-2009, 10:32 AM
wow a game near me. :eek:

what time do you play?

Also, does it have to alternate, or is there a way for it to just be sat?

I haven't played live in a LOOOONG time.

Considering the roster, I would probably play a defender (favorite role anyway).

Let me know. Shoot, maybe I can play today ;).

darelf
06-29-2009, 07:44 AM
I actually answered in a direct message, but thought I would answer here as well...

We usually start around 2pm. Which day we play ( Sat or Sun ) just depends on the schedule of the players.

To entice ppl, we provide a meal. That is, 99% of the time a home-cooked meal like pot roast or spaghetti or chili dogs. Every once in a while we get pizza, but that's actually a rarity. During the summer we grill more. Burgers, brats, etc.

Even though we are close to downtown, you don't have to park on the street, we have a gated parking area. Very safe.

Normally we display the map for the game on the tv, using maptool. But sometimes we just like to break out the tiles and miniatures.

Can't think of anything else. I'm trying to motivate myself to update the new obsidian portal thing for this campaign. I started...

Green_Machine
07-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Still looking for players for this group? I'm looking for a live game to join.

darelf
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes... we have a place for at least one player.

We are playing this Sunday ( Aug 2, 2009 ) at around 2pm.

We just got a new table big enough to hold the whole group. So we will be switching to dry erase and miniatures for the mapping. It should be a lot of fun.

The group is up to 4th level, so if you have an idea for a character you can come prepared. The setting is homebrew, but I'm not against FR stuff if you really want it. ( Just don't be a swordmage, or I'll be in trouble )