PDA

View Full Version : Kevin bacon must die!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2009, 08:59 PM
KEVIN BACON MUST DIE!

You know why this thread exists. You know what you must do.

What share you?

emblasochist
06-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I had to, Thoth. Just out of spite. :p

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM
I have good feeling about this one Thoth. Let's hope for a long run to rival even the word thingy. At least this one has a real purpose.

emblasochist
06-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Thoth, I have two questions. Number one, roughly how old are you? I can't really tell, and second, where does Thoth come from?

Windstar
06-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Only his role in the invisible man was the only one I didn't really care for.

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Thoth, I have two questions. Number one, roughly how old are you? I can't really tell, and second, where does Thoth come from?
While I can't really answer the first question, which I'm sure is irrelevant anyway, I can in Thoth's absence, answer the second one for him. It's the name of a character in Robert E. Howard's Conan books, which clearly means he is old enough to know this while you apparently are not.

btw, For those of you who are unaware, the purpose of this thread is not so much to bash Kevin Bacon the actor, but rather to speak out against those who would continue to use and abuse his good name in some misguided and ill-conceived attempt at humor.

-This public announcement has been paid for by the Kevin Bacon Must Die Comittee.

emblasochist
06-26-2009, 10:56 PM
While I can't really answer the first question, which I'm sure is irrelevant anyway, I can in Thoth's absence, answer the second one for him. It's the name of a character in Robert E. Howard's Conan books, which clearly means he is old enough to know this while you apparently are not.

btw, For those of you who are unaware, the purpose of this thread is not so much to bash Kevin Bacon the actor, but rather to speak out against those who would continue to use and abuse his good name in some misguided and ill-conceived attempt at humor.

-This public announcement has been paid for by the Kevin Bacon Must Die Comittee.

Its not completely accurate that I am too young to know that as much as I just don't. It's not as though the books are written in a language you can only read once you are X years old. I just haven't read them.

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Thoth-Amon is actualy an ancient egyptian god with the head of a crane. I hapen to have liked Kevein Bacon fairly well. I really liked him in Tremmors. That being said, with Soft Serve posting his name up and down the word association thread, the name ahs now become associated with the phrase: "Must Die!!" Oh well. So be it. "Kevin Bacon Must DIE!!!"

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Perhaps Thoth will enlighten us on just who he is named after. But Thoth Amon is the name of a character created by Robert Howard where as the Egyptian God of Knowledge is simply referred to as Thoth.

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Amon was another Egyptian god. Over the course of centuries, many differant pharros revamped the the pantheon, and sometime gods and goddesses got merged. One pharro, can't remember whoch one and am too lazy to look it up, combined Amon with Ra, and declared that Amon-Ra was the sole god, abolishing all others, and that he, the pharro. was his direct decendant.

So you may be right, Thoth might have taken his name from a book. (In fact, you probably are, and I expect Thoth will enlighten us eventualy) But I'm not wrong about the original origin lieing with the Egyptians

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Amon was another Egyptian god. Over the course of centuries, many differant pharros revamped the the pantheon, and sometime gods and goddesses got merged. One pharro, can't remember whoch one and am too lazy to look it up, combined Amon with Ra, and declared that Amon-Ra was the sole god, abolishing all others, and that he, the pharro. was his direct decendant.

So you may be right, Thoth might have taken his name from a book. (In fact, you probably are, and I expect Thoth will enlighten us eventualy) But I'm not wrong about the original origin lieing with the Egyptians
Yeah, you're right about the origins of the two names though. Would it be Akhenaten you're thinking of, the supposed father of Tutanhkamun? I happen to be a big fan of Egyptology myself.

Sascha
06-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Yeah, you're right about the origins of the two names though. Would it be Akhenaten you're thinking of, the supposed father of Tutanhkamun? I happen to be a big fan of Egyptology myself.
Starter of the first known cheer in history: "Amun, Amun ... Ra, Ra, Ra!"

Genesplicer
06-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah, you're right about the origins of the two names though. Would it be Akhenaten you're thinking of, the supposed father of Tutanhkamun? I happen to be a big fan of Egyptology myself.Sounds right... Like I said, too lazy to look it up right now. My first GM was a real Egyptian buff, and we ran into a lot of Egyptian gods in game. He kinda got me into it as well, not that that was hard since I was studying for my BA in history at the time.

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I've run a campaign off and on based in ancient Egypt. Did quite a bit of studying and reading on it. Too bad I never paid much attention to history when I was actually going to school. Might have saved me some time.

Oldgamer
06-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Thoth-Amon is probably the evil sorcerer from the above mentioned Conan books. You can see him in Conan the Destroyer as the sorcerer in the crystal castle in the middle of the lake that kidnapped the princess and turned into the beast ... I can't vouch for which one Thoth is though, the beast or the sorcerer :biggrin:

As far as Kevin goes, I really haven't had a problem with him ... I loved him in Friday the 13th (first one with an arrow in his throat) and in Footloose. A bit overrated IMO, his wife is better in The Closer.

Razmus
06-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Starter of the first known cheer in history: "Amun, Amun ... Ra, Ra, Ra!"
"Push'em Bast, Push'em Bast ... waaaay Bast!"

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Thoth-Amon is probably the evil sorcerer from the above mentioned Conan books. You can see him in Conan the Destroyer as the sorcerer in the crystal castle in the middle of the lake that kidnapped the princess and turned into the beast ... I can't vouch for which one Thoth is though, the beast or the sorcerer :biggrin:

As far as Kevin goes, I really haven't had a problem with him ... I loved him in Friday the 13th (first one with an arrow in his throat) and in Footloose. A bit overrated IMO, his wife is better in The Closer.
I believe you are correct. I have the movies on DVD but to be honest I don't recall if they call the evil sorcerer Thoth-Amon or some other name. But Thoth-Amon in the books was an evil sorcerer, and therefore it is indeed a very appropriate name for a certain lich who frequents these boards.

As for Kevin Bacon, I honestly can't say he's a bad actor from what I recall. I guess I'm just not particularly interested in any of the movies he's done. Now, Bill Paxton on the other hand....hehe

Sascha
06-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Now that we've cheered like Egyptians, the next step is walking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHngF_b3NuE).

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Now that we've cheered like Egyptians, the next step is walking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHngF_b3NuE).

Oh man I remember loving this video as a kid...mostly because I was crushing on the group.

Also, this technically should be a TOM CRUISE MUST DIE!!! thread, because it was Tom Cruise who turned down the lead role in Footloose, which was then given to Kevin Bacon. If Tom Cruise accepted that role Kevin Bacon might be the guy serving you a hot dog on west 57th...

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh man I remember loving this video as a kid...mostly because I was crushing on the group.

Also, this technically should be a TOM CRUISE MUST DIE!!! thread, because it was Tom Cruise who turned down the lead role in Footloose, which was then given to Kevin Bacon. If Tom Cruise accepted that role Kevin Bacon might be the guy serving you a hot dog on west 57th...
I'm right behind you Panthro. Never cared much for Tom Cruise. Seems like back in the 80's he always played the same character. Different name and different job sure. But the same brash, head-strong, young hot shot who thought he could do no wrong - same character basically.

Sascha
06-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh good, it wasn't only me, then ^_^

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Oh good, it wasn't only me, then ^_^
Yeah, the Bangles were hot! Who cares that my computer won't play the sound - still like watching the video.

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Bangles and apparently I really liked Bananarama. My sister told me that when I was like 3 and their video Venus would come on I was glued to the TV. She said it was hilarious, I wouldn't even blink the entire time the video was on.

Sascha
06-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Bangles and apparently I really liked Bananarama. My sister told me that when I was like 3 and their video Venus would come on I was glued to the TV. She said it was hilarious, I wouldn't even blink the entire time the video was on.
I still love Bananarama :D Gotta say, though, "Cruel Summer" has "Venus" beat (but not by much). And the Go-Gos'; "Our Lips Are Sealed", indeed ^_^

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 02:54 PM
haha yep. all very good videos. eye candy everywhere

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I still love Bananarama :D Gotta say, though, "Cruel Summer" has "Venus" beat (but not by much). And the Go-Gos'; "Our Lips Are Sealed", indeed ^_^
Gotta go with "Vacation" when it comes to the Go-Gos'.

Sascha
06-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Gotta go with "Vacation" when it comes to the Go-Gos'.
Also good :D

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 03:37 PM
and all those songs rock as well :)

Genesplicer
06-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Well, Thoth, I think our evil plan is working. We've just had a whole page of posts, and the unmentionable one's name has only been mentioned once in passing. We are well on our way to erasing him from the minds of all. :laugh::madgrin:MWAA HAA HAA HAAAA!!!:madgrin::laugh:

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I was gonna say we all hate Kevin Bacon so much that we arent even talking about him on his own thread!

Genesplicer
06-27-2009, 03:51 PM
That's what I said, but without actualy mentioning his name. Then you had to go and BRING HIM BACK!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 03:53 PM
lol I mentioned earlier that it isnt his fault. If Tom Cruise hadn't turned down footloose then Kevin Bacon would be a janitor somewhere

Genesplicer
06-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Actualy, It's Soft Serves fault.

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Actualy, It's Soft Serves fault.
Well, you know how it goes Genesplicer. It's the shiny red button syndrome again. If you bring up the topic that we're trying to avoid, then it's bound to get mentioned.

So, what do you say we start bashing Tom Cruise instead?

Sascha
06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Michael Bluth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000867/): You seem more villainous than usual, Mom; are you sober?
Lucille (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910055/): Michael, it's eight a.m.
Michael Bluth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000867/): So, it's not that.
Lucille (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910055/): I don't know. Maybe it's because I went off my post-partum medication.
Michael Bluth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000867/): You were still taking that? You had Buster thirty-two years ago.
Lucille (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910055/): And that's how long I've been depressed about him.
Lucille (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910055/): Well, apparently, mood-altering medication leads to street drugs. That's what this very handsome young doctor said on the Today Show.
Michael Bluth (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000867/): That was Tom Cruise, the actor.
Lucille (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0910055/): They said he was some kind of scientist.
Arrested Development, 3.1, "The Cabin Show"

Seriously - the best show nobody ever watched. It's on Hulu, last time I checked.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, you know how it goes Genesplicer. It's the shiny red button syndrome again. If you bring up the topic that we're trying to avoid, then it's bound to get mentioned.

So, what do you say we start bashing Tom Cruise instead?
I started this thread, someone else needs to start the next one. :confused:

Observation: P&PG is rather active today. Cool. :biggrin:

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 05:06 PM
yea Tom Cruise stinks

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 06:41 PM
I started this thread, someone else needs to start the next one. :confused:

Observation: P&PG is rather active today. Cool. :biggrin:
As tempting as it might sound (this thread is doing quite well as I expected - not a surprise really, the more nonsensical ones always seem to), I'm going to have pass on the Tom Cruise bashing thread. I don't think my mouth can hold more than one foot at a time. Thanks anyway.

Genesplicer
06-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Do NOT get me started on Tom Cruise. I actualy like the guy's work, but off the set the dude's dumb as a post.

No, I take that back. He makes fence posts look like Roads Scholars.

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Tom Cruise did pretty much act as the same exact character in every single movie he was in, in the 80's. Although I did like the Color Of Money(the pool playing movie with forrest whitaker in it), Top Gun, and Risky Business. All 3 were great movies.

Arkhemedes
06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I do have to admit though, as much as I dislike Cruise, I did enjoy "The Last Samurai" (which I have on DVD) and "Valkyrie". Great movies both. And the Mission Impossible movies were tolerable (largely because I always enjoyed the TV show) albeit a bit over the top. Don't get me started on "War of the Worlds" though. What a huge disappointment that was. Hard to believe Spielberg could have screwed up a classic like that so badly. H.G. Wells must have been turning over in his grave.

Genesplicer
06-27-2009, 11:40 PM
The first MI was alright. The second was tollerable, but put me off enough that I didn't bother with the third.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-28-2009, 12:35 AM
I have to give Tom credit, for i have noticed that he has leveled a few times in acting in the last couple of years.

Panthro82
06-28-2009, 07:17 AM
The problem I had with Last Samurai....Tom Cruise. I honestly think 20 other actors would have been better in that movie than he was. I really like the movie, and honestly its the supporting cast that carried Tom Cruise in that film. On top of him not emoting properly, it's hard to believe a 5'1 109 pound American as a fierce Samurai is anything short(pun intended) of hilarious. Ken Watanabe, however, is brilliant in the film.

Chi
06-28-2009, 11:09 PM
OH I love him in wild things!!

Sascha
06-28-2009, 11:24 PM
OH I love him in wild things!!
Little Kevin shoulda gotten screen credit for his cameo. (And yes, I liked the film, too, for reasons I'm not sure even the Integrated Data Entity knows.)

Arkhemedes
06-28-2009, 11:40 PM
I take it 'wild things' would be the name of a movie or are we just fantasizing?

Sascha
06-29-2009, 01:52 AM
I take it 'wild things' would be the name of a movie or are we just fantasizing?
It's a movie, wherein we see, for one scene, the Full Kevin, as it were. Also has Neve Campell and Denise Richards. (Looking back, I really don't know why I like it, heh. It's not, say, Cruel Intentions, with Sarah Michelle Gellar, Selma Blair *and* Reese Witherspoon; and I think there are some menfolk in there, too :P)

Panthro82
06-29-2009, 06:01 AM
That reminds me that in October, Where The Wild Things Are(based on the children's book) will be hitting theaters. Directed by Spike Jonze. It doesn't have Kevin Bacon or Tom Cruise in it....so it should be pretty awesome.

Oldgamer
06-29-2009, 08:11 AM
The problem I had with Last Samurai....Tom Cruise. I honestly think 20 other actors would have been better in that movie than he was. I really like the movie, and honestly its the supporting cast that carried Tom Cruise in that film. On top of him not emoting properly, it's hard to believe a 5'1 109 pound American as a fierce Samurai is anything short(pun intended) of hilarious. Ken Watanabe, however, is brilliant in the film.

That's about the size of a lot of Japanese Samurai, but it is their culture and at that period, had been for quite some time. When I was in Okinawa on furlough and walking the streets, visibility was great for me. I'm 6'0" and a full head higher than everyone else :)

Panthro82
06-29-2009, 09:57 AM
That's about the size of a lot of Japanese Samurai, but it is their culture and at that period, had been for quite some time. When I was in Okinawa on furlough and walking the streets, visibility was great for me. I'm 6'0" and a full head higher than everyone else :)

lol yea I would take a Japanese samurai seriously at that height and weight with a sword but Tom Cruise...lol I have a hard time believing he could hurt himself.

Genesplicer
06-29-2009, 12:37 PM
lol yea I would take a Japanese samurai seriously at that height and weight with a sword but Tom Cruise...lol I have a hard time believing he could hurt himself.Yea, but he's murder on couches.

Oldgamer
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Yea, but he's murder on couches.

:couch2::rofl:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Well, i actually liked The Last Samurai and even thought Tom Cruise did a great job playing his part. But hey, that's just me--the one with taste.

Thoth quickly casts dimension door...and exits stage right :bolt:

Oldgamer
06-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Well, i actually liked The Last Samurai and even thought Tom Cruise did a great job playing his part. But hey, that's just me--the one with taste.

Thoth quickly casts dimension door...and exits stage right :bolt:

My 4 favorite movies from TC are Risky Business, Labyrinth (and not because of him), Top Gun, and The Last Samurai. I am admitting it, my name is Oldgamer and I like Tom Cruise ... well at least in those movies.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-29-2009, 03:34 PM
One thing about Tom Cruise, he's movies are good. Except for that strange one with raining frogs. What the heck was that one all about. No, don't tell me, i don't wanna know.

Panthro82
06-29-2009, 04:07 PM
I liked Last Samurai a lot. All I was saying earlier is that I thought other actors in his spot would have made the movie even better.

Plus I don't think he was in the Labrynth?

Movie with raining frogs? I don't remember that.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I liked Last Samurai a lot. All I was saying earlier is that I thought other actors in his spot would have made the movie even better.

Plus I don't think he was in the Labrynth?

Movie with raining frogs? I don't remember that.
He had a minor role, but he played it well. Very strange movie. Always wondered why he did it.

Kaewin
06-29-2009, 07:21 PM
What did he do. I sit here and try to remember but can't place him (too lazy to find the dvd and watch.)

Genesplicer
06-29-2009, 07:28 PM
One thing about Tom Cruise, he's movies are good. Except for that strange one with raining frogs. What the heck was that one all about. No, don't tell me, i don't wanna know.Like I said. Good actor, idiot in reall life, bane of couches.:biggrin:

Kaewin
06-29-2009, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure if anything he has done has really stuck out for me besides Legend.

Sascha
06-29-2009, 09:23 PM
[at Luke's Diner, Kirk studies the diner tables]
Luke Danes (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666398/): What are you doing, Kirk?
Kirk Gleason (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0348231/): Say I was Tom Cruise. Where would you seat me?
Luke Danes (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666398/): In an acting class.
Gilmore Girls, 4.6, "An Affair to Remember"

kirksmithicus
06-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Bacon makes everything better.

Arkhemedes
06-29-2009, 09:48 PM
[at Luke's Diner, Kirk studies the diner tables]
Luke Danes (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666398/): What are you doing, Kirk?
Kirk Gleason (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0348231/): Say I was Tom Cruise. Where would you seat me?
Luke Danes (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666398/): In an acting class.
Gilmore Girls, 4.6, "An Affair to Remember"
Love the quote Sascha!

Oldgamer
06-30-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure if anything he has done has really stuck out for me besides Legend.

Yes, Legend .... I don't know why I said Labyrinth ... it was indeed Legend.

Arkhemedes
07-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah, Labyrinth is the David Bowie flick.

(Had to resuscitate Kevin Beacon. Couldn't let him die just yet.)

Sascha
07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Labyrinth is the David Bowie's area flick.
... would be a bit more accurate.

Arkhemedes
07-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Hmm...I'm not sure I follow. But then I'm not even sure I've seen the movie. If I did it was a very long time ago.

Sascha
07-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Hmm...I'm not sure I follow. But then I'm not even sure I've seen the movie. If I did it was a very long time ago.
A challenge: watch Labyrinth and try *not* to look at Bowie's crotch. It's ha-... um, more difficult, than it looks. (Or, watch this review (http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thedudette/nostalgia-chick/5570-labyrinth), which is not really work-safe, but hai-larious, none the less :P)

Arkhemedes
07-01-2009, 06:36 PM
A challenge: watch Labyrinth and try *not* to look at Bowie's crotch. It's ha-... um, more difficult, than it looks. (Or, watch this review (http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thedudette/nostalgia-chick/5570-labyrinth), which is not really work-safe, but hai-larious, none the less :P)
Okay, I watched it. But to be honest I've seen a lot worse with 70's and 80's rock bands. Is that Jennifer Connally in it as well?

Genesplicer
07-01-2009, 07:04 PM
A challenge: watch Labyrinth and try *not* to look at Bowie's crotch. It's ha-... um, more difficult, than it looks. (Or, watch this review (http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thedudette/nostalgia-chick/5570-labyrinth), which is not really work-safe, but hai-larious, none the less :P)Ok, now thaat was funny!

Arkhemedes
07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Ok, now thaat was funny!
Dang! I sure wish my computer played the sound. It did look funny, but I'm not much of a lip reader!

Genesplicer
07-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I really like it when we had help from Benny Hill.

Arkhemedes
07-01-2009, 07:40 PM
I really like it when we had help from Benny Hill.
Yeah, with Benny Hill, you didn't need sound. You could just play the kazoo or hum that goofy tune to yourself.

Panthro82
07-01-2009, 09:53 PM
yea a young Jennifer Connelly is in the Labrynth. Can't say that I have ever looked at Bowie's cash and prizes. I like him...just not like that.

Sascha
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Jennifer Connelly, indeed. Rawr~.

Panthro82
07-01-2009, 09:55 PM
She was hot then and shes even hotter now.

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Uh... Just for clarification, isn't Sascha a female? Not saying any implications are bad or anything, I'm just checking...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 12:11 PM
You want talent, then check out Mr. Bean. I was once in an airplane when people were waiting to take off. They had Mr. Bean doing a skit about waiting in line with a ticket, and the whole plane was laughing. The sound wasn't even on. Genius, this man is.

Arkhemedes
07-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey, btw, guess who's birthday it is today...that's right, Mr. whitey-tighties, scientology-spoutin' couch-hopper himself, Tom Cruise.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 12:45 PM
His got a pretty sweet life, you gotta admit.

Arkhemedes
07-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, he's the same age as me and in a far better place than I am for sure.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm a few years younger and wish i had a 10th of what he has. Good for him, not so much for me.

emblasochist
07-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Tom's birthday is today? How did I not know who I share mine with for the past 23 years. Oh, that's right. I've stopped caring about mine a few years back, as I had very little to do with it.

Sascha
07-03-2009, 02:50 PM
River (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132359/): [after Simon looks at her to see if they found out his birthday from her] "Day" is a vestigial mode of time measurement based on solar cycles. It's not applicable... I didn't get you anything.
Firefly, 1.5, "Out of Gas"

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Happy birthday Tommy boy. Ya'll are right, he's got a pretty good life, but I'd still rather have the brain cells.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Tom's birthday is today? How did I not know who I share mine with for the past 23 years. Oh, that's right. I've stopped caring about mine a few years back, as I had very little to do with it.

EH! Birthdays are overrated once you hit like 19! 21 was a horrible birthday! It was the day that illegally drinking was no longer a possibility....ah so many fun nights illegally drinking...did I mention that I was a party animal back in the day?

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:18 PM
Warped Wiseman say: "Best time for goofing off is when you don't have time for it."

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I have always been a last minute, fly by the seat of my arse kind of guy. People tend not to like it considering I put in little to no effort and perform better than people who put in tons of effort lol. Life is too short to do stuff. Party and then do stuff later!

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:37 PM
You should join the Procrastinators of America League. We have kind of a low mebership since no one has really gotten around to filling out their aplication forms, but I'll send you the link to our site tomarrow, so you can check us out.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:39 PM
awesome! I will have to check that out! (probably wont)

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey whenever you get around to it. Might as well take your time, I'm not shure our resident web expert has gotten around to actualy setting up the site. I'll check on that tomarrow too.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:44 PM
yea I'll hold my breath until then :)

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:46 PM
I'll go ahead and call you and ambulence then, and make shure they send some one trained in CPR.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:47 PM
hopefully that guy isn't a part of the club too :)

Genesplicer
07-03-2009, 11:51 PM
:lol:For a PP&G memeber such as yourself, I'l make shure he isn't.:lol:
I'll do the background check on him first thing in the morning...:biggrin:

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:55 PM
lol awesome?

Sascha
07-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Uh... Just for clarification, isn't Sascha a female? Not saying any implications are bad or anything, I'm just checking...
(Bah, how did I miss this? :biggrin:)

Jack Gallo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001719/): What's wrong with her? She has no interest in men. It's like she's throwing in the towel.
Nina Van Horn (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005176/): Yeah, into the women's locker room.
Just Shoot Me, 4.14, "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"

Jerry Seinfeld (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000632/): Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Seinfeld, 4.17, "The Outing"

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 12:25 PM
If I were a girl....I'd definitely be a lesbian.

Arkhemedes
07-05-2009, 12:40 PM
(Bah, how did I miss this? :biggrin:)

Jack Gallo (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001719/): What's wrong with her? She has no interest in men. It's like she's throwing in the towel.
Nina Van Horn (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005176/): Yeah, into the women's locker room.
Just Shoot Me, 4.14, "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"

Jerry Seinfeld (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000632/): Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Seinfeld, 4.17, "The Outing"
I was wondering the same thing Sascha (the 'did she catch that' part)...um, back when he first asked it anyway. But up until now I was certain that you were just ignoring him because it seemed fairly obvious or it wasn't worth responding to. Now I'm just finding it curious that you bring up a question we've forgotten about days ago. :biggrin:

Sascha
07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing Sascha (the 'did she catch that' part)...um, back when he first asked it anyway. But up until now I was certain that you were just ignoring him because it seemed fairly obvious or it wasn't worth responding to. Now I'm just finding it curious that you bring up a question we've forgotten about days ago. :biggrin:
(Where else do I get a chance to quote pop culture for a cheap laugh? ;))

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Sascha is stairing at me!!!

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Dr. Frasier Crane (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001288/): Dad! Dad! I can't read my paper! Eddie keeps staring at me!
Martin Crane (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001498/): Just ignore him.
Dr. Frasier Crane (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001288/): I'm trying to!
Martin Crane (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001498/): I'm talking to the dog!
Frasier, 1.2, "Space Quest"

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Just commenting on your new avitar.

Sascha
07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
(I know ;))

Buffy (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001264/): And yet my eyes refuse to look away. Stupid eyes.
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, 7.3, "Same Time, Same Place"

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Tom cruise!!!!! Kevin bacon!!!!

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Who?

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Tom bacon! Kevin cruise!

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:38 PM
How about Tom Turky.

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Tofurkey?

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Spam?

Arkhemedes
07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Actually Genesplicer I think she really is staring at you (Sascha that is).

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Staring can be hilarious when the person staring is a cyclops

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Does he shoot energybeams out of his eye and have a girlfriend named Jean?

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 03:59 PM
she totally kills him

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
which she kills him who?

Panthro82
07-05-2009, 04:07 PM
"I'll just cross the t's and dot the........lowercase j's..." -Wayne's World

Genesplicer
07-05-2009, 04:10 PM
"I knew it! I'm surounded by A** Holes!!" - Dark Helmet

XeroDrift
09-22-2009, 12:10 AM
"I knew it! I'm surounded by A** Holes!!" - Dark Helmet

HaHa! I think i just peed a little...

Sascha
08-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Lisa (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810379/): Dad, we did something very bad!
Homer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/): Did you wreck the car?
Bart (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004813/): No.
Homer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/): Did you raise the dead?
Lisa (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810379/): Yes.
Homer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/): But the car's okay?
Lisa (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0810379/), Bart (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004813/): Uh-huh.
Homer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/): All right then.
The Simpsons, 4.5, "Treehouse of Horror III"