PDA

View Full Version : MJ & FF Tribute Post

Soft Serve
06-25-2009, 07:39 PM
On the same day...

That is some garbage.

Anyway leave your condolances for Mike, Farah, Ed McMahon, George Carlin, Bernie Mac, Heath Ledger or whoever else you want to honor.

emblasochist
06-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Err. I just came back from a viewing for my friends' grandfather. I know that they died, but I'm no longer heartbroken about someone's death, no matter who they were or what they did. Sorry!

GoddessGood
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Yarg. Death rides on a pale horse, was it? My condolences for everyone's families. Especially for the SC governor's wife and four boys.

emblasochist
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
That last part I can concur with you on. You don't take a wife, have any kids with her and then run off to a girlfriend somewhere else in the world. You shouldn't cheat on a spouse to begin with, but its not like he just was unfaithful to his wife; she is also the mother of his 4 kids.

Panthro82
06-26-2009, 12:14 AM
What about Mike Tyson? People have talked trash about him soo much, but his little child just died not even 3 weeks ago. I was surprised by how hard that hit me when I found out. I feel so bad for him. Also Ed Mcmahon rocked, and George Carlin was a legend. Michael Jackson did Thriller.....nuff said....

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Michael Jackson: early 80's, Michael's music got me shagged numerous times. Also, can even count the 100's of hours i'd practice my martial arts to his albums/cassettes.
Farrah Fawcett: ever see Saturn 3, woah, hot!
Heath Ledger: Heath leveled in acting before he died. Too bad we will never get to see his potential realized.
John Candy: John could make even a horrible movie, enjoyable.
Bruce & Brandon Lee: taken from us too early.

Remember these words of wisdom:

1) Love the one your with like it's your last day on this planet, for who knows, perhaps it is.
2) You only regret the things you didn't do in life. Don't let fear or hesitation or doubt rob you of your experiences.

Oldgamer
06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Celebrity deaths seem to happen in 3's ... After Ed McMahon died, then Farah ... yesterday I commented after hearing about Farah to my wife, "I wonder who will be the third?" And then Michael fell to the reaper's blade. Strange ...

Panthro82
06-26-2009, 09:11 AM
yea deaths in general seem to come in 3's alot of the time.

A strange note about Michael Jacksons death. At the same exact minute he died, my friends child was born. same exact minute, same exact day...

Oldgamer
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
yea deaths in general seem to come in 3's alot of the time.

A strange note about Michael Jacksons death. At the same exact minute he died, my friends child was born. same exact minute, same exact day...

Watch for the glove ... if the child grows attached to a glove ... run ...

Panthro82
06-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Watch for the glove ... if the child grows attached to a glove ... run ...

I know lol! I was gonna comment to my friend that if at 4 years old his boy starts moonwalking we all know where MJ's soul went...

Soft Serve
06-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I know lol! I was gonna comment to my friend that if at 4 years old his boy starts moonwalking we all know where MJ's soul went...

Have you seen the news about all the people who are in front of his families house writing letters with one gloved hand? Then the people in the Apollo theater dancing in the streets, the people in Gary Indiana dancing AND writing because they finally have something to friggin' do.

(Indiana is damn boring. Corn, Corn, Corn, Tornado, Corn....etc...)

I don't blame MJ though. If I had to do 50 shows in London I would probably rather die too. :lol:

Harwel
06-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Celebrity deaths seem to happen in 3's ... After Ed McMahon died, then Farah ... yesterday I commented after hearing about Farah to my wife, "I wonder who will be the third?" And then Michael fell to the reaper's blade. Strange ...

It's 4's this time. Farah was #3. David Caradine, then Ed McMahon, then Farah, then Agent M.

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
It's right about at this point when I really wish I had a vomit-hurling smiley.

(Sorry - But I'm already sick of the media coverage).

Soft Serve
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
2) You only regret the things you didn't do in life. Don't let fear or hesitation or doubt rob you of your experiences.

Did that come from something, or was that all you?

It's right about at this point when I really wish I had a vomit-hurling smiley.

(Sorry - But I'm already sick of the media coverage).

I have bad news for you then...

it's only been one day. Just wait until they make a movie about Michael Jacksons life, or in a few days when his family speaks up, or even if the autopsy takes too long they'll start with the drug conspiracies. They've already started on the children. "Where are they going to put Blanket? Poor little Blanket!"

But I will probably watch that movie...I bet they go with something close to Moonwalker or something along those lines.

Panthro82
06-26-2009, 04:29 PM
OH YEA! The super secret ultra mega ninja assassin underground mafia killed David Carradine not too long ago!

Arkhemedes
06-26-2009, 05:43 PM

it's only been one day. Just wait until they make a movie about Michael Jacksons life, or in a few days when his family speaks up, or even if the autopsy takes too long they'll start with the drug conspiracies. They've already started on the children. "Where are they going to put Blanket? Poor little Blanket!"

But I will probably watch that movie...I bet they go with something close to Moonwalker or something along those lines.
Yeah. Think I'll have to move into a cave or something.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2009, 06:01 PM

Not really, though i did inject some of me into it. I believe it's been stated in different forms by everyone in their middle to late years for as long as humans have been on this planet. So, sorry, cant take credit for it.

Soft Serve
06-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Not really, though i did inject some of me into it. I believe it's been stated in different forms by everyone in their middle to late years for as long as humans have been on this planet. So, sorry, cant take credit for it.

Alright then I'll take credit for it.

It's like if someone walks out of a kitchen and says "Did someone order this pizza?" Traditionally everyone in the room is supposed to raise their hands...

If nobody else in the room is going to raise their hand, then sh*t I'll take your pizza Thoth. :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Took a class from Dr. Tad James once who liked to say: If ever a miracle happens within 5 miles from which you live, take credit for it, for no one else will.

Soft Serve
06-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Took a class from Dr. Soft Serve once who liked to say: If ever a miracle happens within 5 miles from which you live, take credit for it, for no one else will.

Thank you for quoting me. :D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-26-2009, 08:55 PM
No problem, Soft Serve. :laugh:

Panthro82
06-27-2009, 03:17 AM
actually...I ordered that pizza

Soft Serve
06-28-2009, 12:51 PM
To add to the tribute post.

Billy Mays died this morning.

The oxyclean and zorbies infomertial guy's wife woke up and found him this morning.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-28-2009, 03:15 PM
That would suck, finding your spouse dead next to you. I'm not saying this is where she found him for i haven't read any of the reports, i'm just saying... would ultimately suck!

Panthro82
06-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I just read about Billy Mays. He was just on Conan O'Brien this past week talking about his jobs as an infomercial host. It was a wicked funny interview. He also just started this new reality show on Discovery I believe called, Pitchmen. Crazy he was 50. It sounds like he had a concussion or head trauma...

korhal23
06-28-2009, 07:05 PM
This (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80607209/) is when I knew Billy Mays was the man.

Panthro82
06-29-2009, 06:44 AM
Lol he reminded me of a senior citizen when he was asking about shipping and handling and demanding that the food be buy 1 get 1.

Soft Serve
06-29-2009, 10:23 AM
I'll have to go back and watch that later...

It would suck for me to wake up and have just about anyone dead next to me.

Considering I sleep on a couch by myself....and I'm not exactly sure how they would fit there...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-29-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll have to go back and watch that later...

It would suck for me to wake up and have just about anyone dead next to me.

Considering I sleep on a couch by myself....and I'm not exactly sure how they would fit there...
The couch/recliner things sucks, no question.

Harwel
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
CNN is reporting that Billy Mays had a hypertensive heart condition, and this is most likely the cause of death, not the hit on the head. Cause of death is still not definite, waiting for toxicology.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/29/mays.death/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Soft Serve
06-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Fred Travelena can be added to the list.

A comedian who specialized in imitations and appeared on the Tonight Show on several occasions with Johnny Carson died today at 66 from Cancer.

Everyday a new celebrity...

Come on Vince from Shamwow.....

(Only reason I say that is because his commercials are annoying, I want his job, and he's a Canadian Hooker beater.)

Panthro82
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Lol, everytime I see a Shamwow commercial I say to the TV, "Does this product clean up a criminal record?"

I remember when Howard Stern used to be on public radio he had a list of celebrities and everyone on the show(crew, interns, everyone) would bet on which celebrity would die next. It was actually a really funny segment.

korhal23
06-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Lol, everytime I see a Shamwow commercial I say to the TV, "Does this product clean up a criminal record?"

Better than Shamwow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdoLBni4zA)

Panthro82
06-29-2009, 05:14 PM
that......was......awesome

Soft Serve
06-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Better than Shamwow. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfdoLBni4zA)

....Was that Nick Swardson?

Cause I friggin' love that guy.

Panthro82
06-30-2009, 10:51 AM
It looks a lot like Nick, but it isn't.

korhal23
06-30-2009, 11:11 AM
No it isn't, but I thought so too, originally.

Soft Serve
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM
He's great. I think he said when he talks to babies it's like talking to a really tiny drunk person.

"Are you hungry?...I can't understand you....are you hungry?....I think he just shit himself..."

Panthro82
06-30-2009, 11:43 PM
He is awesome in Blades Of Glory and in Grandma's Boy. OMFG hysterical in both!!!!

Soft Serve
07-01-2009, 11:30 AM
He was in Almost Famous and the only line he had was screaming "OH MY GOD IT'S DAVID BOWIE!!!"

And I can relate to that.

Because I would scream that too in that situation. And it was this that made me love Nick Swardson.

Panthro82
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Ziggy Stardust does rule.

Arkhemedes
07-01-2009, 06:46 PM
...And don't forget about the Spiders from Mars.

Panthro82
07-01-2009, 09:54 PM
classic stuff. He was ahead of his time.

Soft Serve
07-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Queen B*tch is on Rock Band. I was proud of myself when I passed the vocals and guitar parts for it on Expert at the same time.

Panthro82
07-02-2009, 04:55 PM
whenever I do the vocals for guitar hero I cant help but be obscene during the open parts and also just singing like a tard. It is funny you can sound horrible yet still ace the song. They might need to figure out how to fix that :)

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 01:27 PM
whenever I do the vocals for guitar hero I cant help but be obscene during the open parts and also just singing like a tard. It is funny you can sound horrible yet still ace the song. They might need to figure out how to fix that :)

Why would they fix it? It's fun and thats what the games about.

I hope they make a Michael Jackson Tribute CD for it.

korhal23
07-03-2009, 01:41 PM

No because if you actually had to be able to sing like a rock star to pass, only rock stars could pass ;) Why don't they add 6 strings and 24 finger placements on the guitar while they're at it ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I played Guitar Hero the other day and can see the fascination with it. Before the other day, two of my friends, professional musicians both, one said he loved the game, the other hated it. All i could think of was the Southpark episode with Guitar Hero and the father getting no respect for being able to play a real guitar. Funny stuff.

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
No because if you actually had to be able to sing like a rock star to pass, only rock stars could pass ;) Why don't they add 6 strings and 24 finger placements on the guitar while they're at it ;)

I've argued that with GH flamers before. Because gamers are gamers and that's a simple fact. It's a fun game to play especially with a group of friends, just sitting around playing plastic instruments passing time and watching your life go by in some cases (the obsessive ones like myself that is.)

Sure I could pick up a guitar and do some online tab reading. I've actually already tried. But when I sound terrible on a real guitar...you sound terrible.

If you miss a note on guitar hero nobody cares and you keep playing the song and having fun. Guitars take time and practise to enjoy whereas I can walk 7ft to my right, change the channel and start playing some Queen. (That's right. GH1. I'm old skool.)

korhal23
07-03-2009, 02:26 PM
I've been playing guitar since I was nine. If it were as complicated as a real guitar, it would cease to be a game, and would just be "practicing the guitar" while a computer judged you, harshly. No thanks. I'm pretty damn good at guitar, but there's no way I'd ever play a game like that. Rock Band and GH are fun party games, if you have a group that doesn't get embarrassed if they don't do so hot. It also helps to have a singer with a wide taste in music... Nothing kills Rock Band faster than putzing through the list 10 times while the singer picks out the three songs they "know" to sing over and over.

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I've been playing guitar since I was nine. If it were as complicated as a real guitar, it would cease to be a game, and would just be "practicing the guitar" while a computer judged you, harshly. No thanks. I'm pretty damn good at guitar, but there's no way I'd ever play a game like that. Rock Band and GH are fun party games, if you have a group that doesn't get embarrassed if they don't do so hot. It also helps to have a singer with a wide taste in music... Nothing kills Rock Band faster than putzing through the list 10 times while the singer picks out the three songs they "know" to sing over and over.

I know most of the songs on Rock Band and GH. I'm quick to learn lyrics.

And the same goes for me kinda with Vocals. I've been singing all my life and the computer in that game judges me much less harsh then the people I sing around...rofl.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:17 PM
when I used to play acoustic guitar I played by ear. I couldn't learn any other way. I could listen to a song and play it reasonably well within 3 to 4 hours.

Soft Serve
07-03-2009, 11:27 PM
I played Guitar Hero the other day and can see the fascination with it. Before the other day, two of my friends, professional musicians both, one said he loved the game, the other hated it. All i could think of was the Southpark episode with Guitar Hero and the father getting no respect for being able to play a real guitar. Funny stuff.

And Thad would play it accoustic. And then Stan gets addicted to Heroine Hero and stays up all night playing it.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I used to love South Park back in the day. Like Family Guy though once it hit like 4th or 5th season it got to the point where every joke was the creators political jab at someone he didn't like. They should have studied the Simpsons carefully. 20+ seasons and they still tip toe the line gracefully and beautifully. I love that show!

korhal23
07-03-2009, 11:51 PM
There's plenty of folks who say the Simpsons lost it after the 4th or 5th season too.

Panthro82
07-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I guess I am biased because I have watched the Simpsons for the entire run(from when I was a kid) and I still love it today. Still relevant and funny. 20+ years of awesome!
=

Soft Serve
07-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I guess I am biased because I have watched the Simpsons for the entire run(from when I was a kid) and I still love it today. Still relevant and funny. 20+ years of awesome!
=

The Simpson's movie was amazing.

Panthro82
07-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Spider pig! Spider pig. "He isn't Spider-pig anymore! He is Harry Plopper!"