PDA

View Full Version : Boldly Going Online

BosoxJoe
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Looking for a few players to play Prime Directive. It will be set in a similar time frame as the most recent movie. This is a fun game that only uses d6's.

Dytrrnikl
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm interested, but am not familiar with the system, other than it's a Star Trek based game. Also, what's OpenRPG?

BosoxJoe
06-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Prime Directive is pretty simple system that only uses d6. There depending on your roll you will either botch, minimally, moderately, or completely succeed. The game is very structured in the fact that you will roll for your rank and years of service. You can roll any where up to a Lt. Commander. You can order the players under around. It can be pretty fun.
You can either be a Marine, Science, Medicine, Engineer, Psi, or Command. You play pretty much any race that you see in the movie.

OpenRPG is a piece of software that were emulates the table top experience. It lets you have a chat, dice roll, a grid with mini, and characters sheets.

Dytrrnikl
06-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Is it d6 in the grain of the WEG Star Wars or more along Shadowrun and die pools? Also, is OpenRPG free? Or is it something that needs to be purchased?

BosoxJoe
06-26-2009, 10:34 AM
You can have up to 6d6 depending on how much you have of a skill. If you succeed you can add a bonus to you next roll.

OpenRPG is a free open source application with a huge community of support.

Werekoala
06-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I might be interested in this. Played the old FASA Star Trek a lot back in the day, and some GURPS Prime Directive, but can't recall ever playing the actual Prime Directive game itself. Needless to say, idon't have the rulse... so how would we go about creating characters?

Dytrrnikl
06-28-2009, 12:52 AM
I'm interested, however, much like Werekoala I don't have a copy of the book. So, how is character generation going to work? IS there someplace on the web that I can find a copy of the core book. I've looked a couple of places, but haven't been able to find it.

Taran.shannara
06-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Was curious if this was going to be Prime Directive: 1st ed, D20, D20Modern, GURPS, or the upcoming Savage Worlds conversion. Thanks.