PDA

View Full Version : porting a race to 4e (Tibbit from 1988 Dragon magazine)

SilenzZzz
06-21-2009, 08:34 PM
found this old race that i like, but i currently play / DM 4th edition ... so been working on changing it over to use as a NPC race and possibly player race if the players like them enough ... looking for input on it ... (note this is not my creation, i am just updating it to 4th edition)

if any of you have read the series of books called 'Warriors' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors_(novel_series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warriors_%28novel_series)) reading them is what caused me to dig the old book back up that had the race in it and work on changing it over....

Tibbit

(Original race by Scott Bennie, published in Dragon Magazine #135 July 1988, Updated to 4th edition by Freddy Lea in 2009)

Also known as catweres, tibbits are small humanoids who have the ability to shift into the form of an unobtrusive house cat.

Tibbits are small, humanoid creatures that have the ability to turn into a common house cat. They arose from felines kept as familiars in ages past. The powerful magic that allows a familiar to gain intelligence and magic abilities slowly filtered from one generation of cats to the next. Whether tibbits evolved from a natural process, divine intervention, or a sudden surge in the magic running through their ancestry, none can say. Tibbits have never existed in large numbers, and their tendency to spread across the world leaves them with a fractured, incomplete racial history.
Much like their feline ancestors tibbits exhibit independence, curiosity, and quickness of mind and body. They rarely form communities larger than two or three families, and even these small colonies rarely hold together for more than a few years. Shortly after reaching adulthood, a Tibbit develops an intense desire to wander the world and satisfy their racial curiosity. Tibbits can be found wherever humans and other civilized humanoid races have established cities, towns, and colonies.

Among humans and other humanoids tibbits usually remain in their cat form. The stray cat that prowls a neighborhood, the mangy cat adopted as a temple's unofficial pet, and the lazy feline always close at hand at the local tavern might be tibbits. Driven by curiosity, tibbits love to remain in their animal form while observing humans.
Cynical observers contend that a Tibbit seeks to spy on others. Tibbits hold that they merely like to keep an ear and eye out for any interesting bits of news. Tibbits are typically to chaotic, carefree, and impulsive to work as spies or hired killer. Upon overhearing a group of adventurers talking over a treasure map in hushed tones, a Tibbit might be just as likely to shift into humanoid form on the spot and offer to join the adventure as she is to lose interest and chase down a juicy mouse she spotted across the tavern.

Personality: Tibbits, as befits their heritage, are moody, curious, and sometimes arrogant. Many tibbits prefer the comforts of a fine meal (whether a succulent rodent or a five-course feast in the lap of luxury), stiff drink, and a soft couch. Even the most decadent Tibbit, however, eventually succumbs to the steady pull of its curiosity. A Tibbit might spend years living off the treasures it won in adventure, only to suddenly strike out into the unknown once again.

when dealing with others, tibbits show a similar capability to change their attitudes and posture depending on their moods. A Tibbit might act relaxed and languid one moment, alert and inquisitive the next. They tend to have a slightly distant, arrogant attitude toward others, as if as a race they share a colossal, secret joke over other intelligent creatures. Still, once a Tibbit marks someone as a friend few other creatures match their devotion. A Tibbit might complain about a friend's needs or tend toward laziness, but when trouble arises she is a dauntless ally.

Physical Description: In humanoid form, tibbits are small, stealthy, dark-skinned people with pointed ears and catlike eyes. Their hair tends to grow thick and long and males tend to grow sideburns. Their skin tones range from a tawny brown to black, but occasionally a Tibbit has pure white skin. Their hair color matches the wide range of colors found in house cats, from pure white to striped silver and deep black.

In their cat form, tibbits look like fat but energetic house cats. They appear identical to-and indistinguishable from-any common, domesticated breed.

Relations: Tibbits tend to regard other folk with a detached sense of bemusement. Much of their lore and common wisdom regarding men, dwarves, and elves filters through their guise as house cats. Thus, tibbits see how other races act when they think no one else is around. To a Tibbit, every intelligent creature is a bundle of secrets just waiting to unfurl before them.

In general, tibbits find humanity's ambition, drive and fiery passion intriguing. They consider dwarves overly dour. Elves strike them as kindred spirits, as tibbits appreciate that the long-lived races share a similar tendency to see issues from different perspectives. They adore gnomes and Halflings and many good-aligned tibbits adopt such folk. More than one kobold or goblin party has descended upon a sleepy gnome village or Halfling caravan only to find an enraged Tibbit wizard waiting for them. Gnome and Halfling folk who have benefited from such welcome surprises have strong traditions of taking care of stray cats and treating their feline pets as treasured companions.
Alignment: Tibbits have a strong tendency toward chaos and an equally strong lethargy toward moral issues, making the majority of them chaotic neutral. Carefree, decadent, and given to long periods of wallowing in luxury, tibbits can be maddeningly self-centered. Some tibbits tend toward proactive freedom-seeking, marking chaotic good as their second most common alignment. Such tibbits share many of their neutral brethren's tendencies, but a righteous struggle or a chance to spring a trap on evildoers rouses them to action.

Evil tibbits, particularly chaotic evil ones, are rare but dangerous. They use their shape shifting ability to spy on humanoids for information useful for extortion schemes. Many of them work as spies and assassins, as their innocent, feline form makes it easy for them to slip into even heavily guarded areas. after all, even the most alert guard pays little mind to a cat. Some evil tibbits become powerful crime lords, observing their underlings and competitors in cat form and ruthlessly culling those who plot against them.

Tibbit Lands: Tibbits have no lands of their own. Instead, they dwell within civilized territories established by other folk. Any civilization that keeps domesticated cats likely houses colonies of tibbits within its cities.
Few tibbits make their identity openly known once they settle in an area. A Tibbit is much more likely to remain in cat form as she travels through a city, although she usually keeps a well-hidden, luxurious apartment hidden in an out-of-the-way corner of town. Many tibbits become petty thieves, raiding pantries for fine foods, liquor, and other creature comforts.

Tibbits who travel the land might keep their humanoid guise to make dealings with other creatures easier. Even these tibbits prefer to pass themselves off as travelers from other planes, and they rarely publicize their ability to change shape.

Religion: Tibbits pay homage to the Cat Lord, a powerful creature who watches over all felines. They generally lack an organized religion, instead preferring to view the Cat Lord as a big brother figure and protector. Some clerics believe that tibbits are simply too arrogant and independent to shackle themselves into a deity, and a few tibbits argue against this assessment.

Language: Tibbits speak Common or whatever other language dominates the area they settle in. The Feline language, a strange combination of purrs, hisses, and empathic transfers, allows tibbits to communicate with cats of all forms. Tibbits are born with the knowledge of this language.

Names: Tibbits tend to adopt names based on their physical traits and deeds. A Tibbit kitten is given a nickname by her parents, one that reflects her temperament and appearance. When a Tibbit comes of age she adopts a name of her choice. Tibbits tend to pick names from other folk, usually based solely on the sound.

Strangers and business partners use the name a Tibbit picks for herself, while the tibbits close friends and family use the original nickname chosen by her parents. a Tibbit allows only her closest friends to learn and use her nickname. A non-tibbit given such a privilege has received one of the highest honors a Tibbit can grant to an outsider.

As a Tibbit travels the world, she adopts a surname that reflects her experiences and important deeds. A Tibbit usually changes her surname after such an event, but her true name uses all of her adopted surnames from childhood onward, and not just her latest one. When two tibbits meet, they share these long-form names to express their pasts with one another.

In general, Tibbit names work for either se. Whether male of female, a Tibbit who has a short tail in cat form likely ends up with the nickname "spiketail."

Parent-Bestowed Names: Blackpaw, Glittereye, Longear, Patchfur, Quickfang, Tumblepaw.

Adventurers: The life of an adventurer comes naturally to a Tibbit, as her curiosity pushes her ever onward. While many tibbits satisfy this drive with travel to civilized areas and exploration of a city's corners, some tibbits want more out of life. "Adventurer" is seen as a respected occupation among tibbits, and they have a natural fascination for adventurers of other races. In some cases, a Tibbit in cat form takes to following an adventuring band, concealing its true nature until an opportune moment. A Tibbit fighter might spring from cat to humanoid form in time to drive off a group of orcs that threatens the party's camp. In this manner, tibbits prove their valor and demonstrate their unmatched stealth in hopes of winning a place with their unwitting comrades.

Ability Score: +2 Dex +2 Cha

Size: Small Humanoid Shape changer

Speed: 6 in humanoid form - 10 in feline form

Vision: low-light vision

Languages: Common, feline racial language, +1 language of choice

Skill Bonuses: +2 Stealth, +2 Acrobatics (They also gain 'Keen Senses' which gives training in Perception)

Defense Bonus: +2 Reflex (feline form grants +2 to AC because of their tiny size, but looses the AC benefit of armor and shield)

Racial Power: Feline Transformation - At Will - Standard action - a Tibbit can transform into a house cat. In cat form, the Tibbit becomes tiny sized. They receive a +2 to AC because of their size, a +5 bonus to Jump, and their speed increases to 10. But they loose any AC bonus from their equipped Armor or shield.

A Tibbit gains two attacks while in feline form. Claw and Bite. in each round they can make 1 attack with Claw and 1 attack with Bite, And shift up to 4 squares after the attack

Claw: dex vs. AC - 1d4
Bite: dex vs. AC - 1d6

A Tibbit looses the benefits from her equipment while in feline form. Weapons (melee and ranged), Shields, Armor and Robes. The items transform with the Tibbit but cannot be used while in feline form. Worn items like rings, necklaces and other magical non-weapon items adopt a form suitable to a cat, such as a collar or anklet and continue to provide their benefits. Because of this, a Tibbit cannot use special melee or ranged attacks (other then claw or bite) while in feline form.

A Tibbit in feline form is unable to speak other then the Feline Racial or use her paws to manipulate fine objects. But they do receive a +5 to diplomacy checks against other Felines.

A Tibbit can transform from a cat back to her humanoid form as a standard action. She must wait 1 hour to turn back into a cat after reverting to her humanoid form.

Note that anyone spotting a Tibbit in cat form has a very difficult time recognizing the feline as a Tibbit.

Racial Trait: Feline Instincts - Encounter - Immediate Interrupt Personal
Effect: When an attack hits you, force the attacker to roll again and use the lower of the two scores. (unsure on listing at the moment)

Racial Trait: Keen Senses - Gain training in Perception

Dimthar
06-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Personally, I would discourage using different bonuses for the Feline Form, it complicates your character sheet.

Ability Score: +2 Dex +2 of your choice

All non Humans have their +2 Ability Fixed, only Humans are the ones with the Flexibility to allocate their +2 Ability as they wish.

I would use a +Int or Dex and +2 Cha

Vision: low-light vision (in feline form their keen eyesight gives a +5 bonus to perception checks)

I would only give them Low Light Vision.

Skill Bonuses: +2 perception, +2 bluff. (+5 stealth, +5 athletics, +5 acrobatics in feline form)

How about a +2 Stealth and +2 Acrobatics regardless of Humanoid or Feline Forms.

You can add a "Keen Senses": Trained in Perception.

Defense Bonus: +2 Fortitude (feline form grants +2 to AC)

A +2 Reflex perhaps is appropriate (Cats being smart and agile)

Major Ability: Feline Transformation - At Will - as a standard action, a Tibbit can transform into a house cat. This effect is similar to the spell Polymorph but with a number of key changes. In cat form, the Tibbit becomes tiny sized. They receive a +2 to AC, a +5 to Stealth, +5 to Acrobatics, +5 to Athletics, +5 Perception, and their speed increases to 10.

Racial Powers are very simple, and most of them are "Per Encounter".

The Transformation itself into a Cat should be enough benefit, but just for the sake of it, perhaps add a +5 Bonus to Jump. How about a "Minor Action" to Sustain the Cat Form?

My 2 cents. ..

SilenzZzz
06-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Personally, I would discourage using different bonuses for the Feline Form, it complicates your character sheet.

yeah, i am thinking about that also now ... after trying to work a sheet up ... the way it is now .. would have to have two seperate sheets one for each form.

All non Humans have their +2 Ability Fixed, only Humans are the ones with the Flexibility to allocate their +2 Ability as they wish.

I would use a +2 Dex +2 Cha

thanks... i was already wanting them both fixed .. but could not figure out what the second one should be...

I would only give them Low Light Vision.

How about a +2 Stealth and +2 Acrobatics regardless of Humanoid or Feline Forms.

You can add a "Keen Senses": Trained in Perception.

hmmm. okay ... so 'Keen Senses' to auto train perception ? that would work as well...

A +2 Reflex perhaps is appropriate (Cats being smart and agile)

Racial Powers are very simple, and most of them are "Per Encounter".

The Transformation itself into a Cat should be enough benefit, but just for the sake of it, perhaps add a +5 Bonus to Jump. How about a "Minor Action" to Sustain the Cat Form?

My 2 cents. ..

thanks ... when i first started trying to update this race ... i had thought about the per encounter .. which it still could be used ... but the ability isn't something i could see actually being used often in an encounter ... less they are just trying to sneak around and spy on someone ... which is why i was trying to limit some of the combat abilities (and use of armor and weapons) ... but giving it two basic attacks while in feline form just in case...

a minor action to sustain it would work ... would you think the full-round to change back is to long? ...

Dimthar
06-22-2009, 11:18 AM
a minor action to sustain it would work ... would you think the full-round to change back is to long? ...

For the Druid it only takes a Minor to change back and forth.

SilenzZzz
06-22-2009, 11:20 AM
updated the information.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

For the Druid it only takes a Minor to change back and forth.

i just updated it to a standard action ... may change it to minor ... will have to play a char with it a little bit to decide ... can't really see a reason to keep it as long as i did have after reading through the other races / classes that can shift their form ...
i am having some people on another forum tell me that the attacks while in feline form are overpowered and do not make sense ... so i may need help on them as well ... basically i think while in that form their attacks should be limited to that of a basic house cat ... but i know from personal experience if a cat does not want to be picked up .. they can hit you 3 to 5 times in a second and are halfway across the room before you know what is going on ...

what do ya'll think?

emblasochist
06-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Would you think the full-round to change back is too long?

The use of a full turn to change back is rather debilitating in terms of game mechanics, even if it is realistic that you'd be in pain or at least nauseated from the change back. Other shapeshifters in 4th edition don't change the actual size of their form as well as their form, and they usually therefore do not have to sustain their form, nor do they have to take a standard action to morph back. But I think you are forgetting something. Size has an impact on AC. As such, I would probably keep the +2 to AC when the Tibbit is in feline form because its harder to hit a monster that's tiny than it is to hit something that is small. Reflex, however, makes sense also when the Tibbit is in humanoid form. I also wouldn't be concerned with the player using the feline form over and over in combat. Their attacks are pretty weak as appropriate and they are not able to take benefits from armor or most equipables, and that is more often than not debilitating enough to have the player use their humanoid form in combat.

If it were me, I'd have a few players play a few encounters with the morph back as a standard at-will and then as a minor. Keep in mind that making it a full turn means that the next turn they would have to make a minor action to re-equip weapons, and depending on how you work out what constitutes a full turn, the player might not be able to attack for an additional turn... Something to keep in mind.

Dimthar
06-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I would use the +2Int +2Cha instead of +2Dex +2Cha just because due to their Magical Heritage, that would make them favor Arcane Classes.

The Feline Form is great for moving through enemy spaces. Perhaps in addition to +5 Jump they get a +2 AC to Opportunity Attacks, +2Speed and Ignore difficult terrain?

Think that some stuff you can elaborate or improve by creating "Racial Feats".

Look at this example:

In Feline Form: Move 8, Minor: Change to Humanoid, Standard: Charge.
That is like 16 sq.

Humanoid Form: Standard: Attack, Minor: Shift to Feline, Move 8 sq (Yes you provoke an attack of opportunity, but combine that with a Feat that gives you +2AC to attacks of opportunity)

That is why I don't think it should be at will, but an Encounter with a "Sustain: Minor" It is great power to BLITZ the Enemy Controller (Kinda like the Eladrin Teleport)

emblasochist
06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
I would use the +2Int +2Cha instead of +2Dex +2Cha just because due to their Magical Heritage, that would make them favor Arcane Classes.

The Feline Form is great for moving through enemy spaces. Perhaps in addition to +5 Jump they get a +2 AC to Opportunity Attacks and +2Speed?

Think that some stuff you can elaborate or improve by creating "Racial Feats".

I can see the reasoning for the +Int bonus, but if you are suggesting that the feline form should be more like a martial class in the speed bonus, the jump bonus (which is a more physical characteristic than a mental one) and the +AC to opportunity attacks, they all seem like a melee striker's abilities to me, which suggests that +dex is more appropriate, IMO.

As for the move issue you bring up, consider the fact that Minotaur can move 14 when he does a move and a charge... If I am not mistaken, there is one other race that gives +2 to move when charging. That is a LOT of squares, sure, but you aren't considering that difficult terrain can mitigate that if they are being ridiculous about it. As for shifting INTO a feline, that shouldn't be a minor, IMO. That should be at least a standard because it would take time to actually change from a small to a tiny creature, or vice versa. Also keep in mind that while that is a TON of movement, the attacks as feline form are pretty weak, and as the OP mentioned, real life cats hit weakly, but a lot, and they get gone before you realize how many times they hit you. And if you make it an encounter, which might after all make more sense, you could remove the sustain, and make it a standard to revert to humanoid form, it'd prevent the use of the long move, change shape and then charge. Like I said it though, I'd play it a few encounters of each way and see how much it makes an impact.

Dimthar
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Also keep in mind that while that is a TON of movement, the attacks as feline form are pretty weak, and as the OP mentioned, real life cats hit weakly, but a lot, and they get gone before you realize how many times they hit you.

I did not explain myself correctly. I am OK with Tons of Movement, I am against being at will.

That is why I compare the use of the "Feline Form" with the Eladrin Teleport. Both are "Move Oriented Powers".

Obviously being able to keep the form compensates for the huge advantages from teleporting over regular movement.

I don't like to think in "Racial Powers" as being specific for any given class. Although yes a Rogue can give great use to this enhanced movement, a Wizard or a Bard can use it to quickly escape an attack (when being surrounded for example).

SilenzZzz
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM
the at-will or encounter part isn't to big of a deal to me ... so it can be an encounter ability ... as a standard action ... with another standard action to change back ...

i can picture this race being a rogue, bard or even monk (the stray that took up home at a monistary while watching their fighting style etc etc) ....

a lot of the stuff i wanted to add to this race could be done as racial feats... i forgot all about them... and it would help fill it out later but would be something that the player has to 'buy' instead of being given right off the bat...

thanks for the input so far... will update the main thread in just a bit on the ability ...

as for the claw and bite attack ... do i have them listed right? (other then increasing the number of dice each tier)
one more thing on the at-will or encounter ... even as an at-will .. having the limitation of not being able to change back to feline for an hour after reverting to humanoid form... kinda wipes out the at-will...

Dimthar
06-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Racial Power: Feline Instincts - Encounter - Immediate Interrupt Personal
Effect: When an attack hits you, force the attacker to roll again and use the lower of the two scores.

I guess if you have the "Feline Form" Power, that should be its "Racial Power".

2 Racial Powers would make it a little unbalanced.

As for the attacks in Feline Form, I would only allow Basic Unarmed Melee Attacks. I agree that as described currently are very powerful.

How about changing a little the background and making them Fey Creatures? Or instead of worshiping the Cat Lord they Worship the Raven Queen (Or Shar in the FR).

SilenzZzz
06-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I guess if you have the "Feline Form" Power, that should be its "Racial Power".

2 Racial Powers would make it a little unbalanced.

As for the attacks in Feline Form, I would only allow Basic Unarmed Melee Attacks. I agree that as described currently are very powerful.

How about changing a little the background and making them Fey Creatures? Or instead of worshiping the Cat Lord they Worship the Raven Queen (Or Shar in the FR).

the second one can be turned into a Racial Feat or dropped completely ...

as for the attacks ... having a +2 to +4 on your d20 roll and avg damage against AC (3 attacks total) may be a little on the high side ... still tweaking .. may change the dice type ... after trying it out ... but i figure those attacks are to compensate for the lowered AC while in feline form, i wouldn't think that many players would stay within melee range for long in feline form with the risk of getting killed to easily because of the AC reduction ... (note that with the recent update they can only use those attacks above ... no class attacks at all) ... (maybe drop the bonus to the attack completly so it relys on just the D20 roll?)

i had thought about changing the background ... but to feel right about that, i would just have to rewrite it completly and change the name ... since it was already an established and published race ... i was just trying to update it to 4ed to be used...

SilenzZzz
06-24-2009, 11:30 PM
going to decrease the D size for their attacks to a d4 and d6 for the bite ... and make it 2 attacks per round .....

the at-will ... but one hour before they can change back ... worked pretty good..........

emblasochist
06-25-2009, 07:14 AM
going to decrease the D size for their attacks to a d4 and d6 for the bite ... and make it 2 attacks per round .....

the at-will ... but one hour before they can change back ... worked pretty good..........

When you get a chance, can you give us a summary of the updated stats you think work well and I know I'll try to play with it myself.

SilenzZzz
06-25-2009, 08:54 AM
When you get a chance, can you give us a summary of the updated stats you think work well and I know I'll try to play with it myself.

just updated it

emblasochist
06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Just noticed that the attacks get no bonuses from 1/2 of the player's level or any other normal attack bonus, like proficiency. While I can understand the proficiency issue, as it may not really make sense for a Tibbit to have proficiency with their claws or bites, but it does concern me that IF someone were to play Tibbit through the paragon tier and into the epic tier, their attacks will be inherently weak in cat form, which may be the intent. I'm not sure. Also along this same vein, when the player gets into the paragon and epic tiers, usually their attacks get one more die of the same size with their melee attacks (1d6 at level 1-10 becomes 2d6 at level 11-20 and 3d6 at 21+), or else they add the appropriate stat that governs the hit to the damage.

SilenzZzz
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Just noticed that the attacks get no bonuses from 1/2 of the player's level or any other normal attack bonus, like proficiency. While I can understand the proficiency issue, as it may not really make sense for a Tibbit to have proficiency with their claws or bites, but it does concern me that IF someone were to play Tibbit through the paragon tier and into the epic tier, their attacks will be inherently weak in cat form, which may be the intent. I'm not sure. Also along this same vein, when the player gets into the paragon and epic tiers, usually their attacks get one more die of the same size with their melee attacks (1d6 at level 1-10 becomes 2d6 at level 11-20 and 3d6 at 21+), or else they add the appropriate stat that governs the hit to the damage.

those parts i haven't addressed yet ... the Die increase i already plan on putting on there ...

and not sure on the other bonuses ... i have thought about adding them ... but at the same time i do not want those attacks to be to powerful ...

it is still a work in progress of course .. but most of the rest of it (as it starts) i would say is done ... just addressing the attacks .. and then other racial feats later...

emblasochist
06-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm not suggesting that it has to be done, I just wasn't sure if you were considering that, or whether you wanted the players not to view the feline form as a viable combat form. That quite possibly could be a thing to consider; making the feline form be inherently weak and expect players to use the feline form for getting into a fortified area and then getting the other players in later... If you think that a player with a fairly low AC for their level and an attack that requires two attack rolls for a range of damage from 2 to 10, and no access to encounter or daily powers, or most magical bonuses, I don't think you have to fear the Tibbit being too powerful. Sure, the attack allows a shift of 4 afterwards and IIRC, a base movement of 10, gives the player a chance to hit for 10 and get the hell out of Dodge, but a lot of basic ranged attacks have more than 14 range.

SilenzZzz
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm not suggesting that it has to be done, I just wasn't sure if you were considering that, or whether you wanted the players not to view the feline form as a viable combat form. That quite possibly could be a thing to consider; making the feline form be inherently weak and expect players to use the feline form for getting into a fortified area and then getting the other players in later... If you think that a player with a fairly low AC for their level and an attack that requires two attack rolls for a range of damage from 2 to 10, and no access to encounter or daily powers, or most magical bonuses, I don't think you have to fear the Tibbit being too powerful. Sure, the attack allows a shift of 4 afterwards and IIRC, a base movement of 10, gives the player a chance to hit for 10 and get the hell out of Dodge, but a lot of basic ranged attacks have more than 14 range.

yeah .. thats why i haven't added it to the post above yet ... still playtesting it ... at different levels to see how it works and such ... may not add it ... for the kind of reasons you listed above ... since the tibbit is just a basic house cat while in that form ...

Dimthar
06-25-2009, 04:07 PM
A Tibbit gains two attacks while in feline form. Claw and Bite. in each round they can make 1 attack with Claw and 1 attack with Bite, And shift up to 4 squares after the attack

Claw: dex vs. AC - 1d4
Bite: dex vs. AC - 1d6

You can call it Feline Fury (or something), it can be purchased with a Feat (Some feats give you powers like Channel Divinity or Multiclass Feat)

FELINE FURY
Encounter * Martial * Feline Form
Standard Action Melee
Primary Target: One creature
Attack: DEX +2 vs AC
Hit: 1d6 + DEX Modifier damage, make secondary attack
Secondary Target: The same or a different target
Secondary Attack: DEX +2 vs AC
Hit: 1d4 + DEX Modifier damage
Effect: After the attack you can shift 4 squares.

You can add the increments at Level 11 (2d6), Level 21 (3d6)

Other than that, it can only make Melee Basic Attacks in Feline Form.

SilenzZzz
06-25-2009, 10:52 PM
You can call it Feline Fury (or something), it can be purchased with a Feat (Some feats give you powers like Channel Divinity or Multiclass Feat)

FELINE FURY
Encounter * Martial * Feline Form
Standard Action Melee
Primary Target: One creature
Attack: DEX +2 vs AC
Hit: 1d6 + DEX Modifier damage, make secondary attack
Secondary Target: The same or a different target
Secondary Attack: DEX +2 vs AC
Hit: 1d4 + DEX Modifier damage
Effect: After the attack you can shift 4 squares.

You can add the increments at Level 11 (2d6), Level 21 (3d6)

Other than that, it can only make Melee Basic Attacks in Feline Form.

i think i like that idea best ... that way there is a 'cost' to have the special attacks in feline form ...

will give it a try next playtest as well and see how it work along with some of the other ideas.