PDA

View Full Version : Brief Hx of Indie Publishing

Tamburlain
06-20-2009, 09:52 AM
For a brief history and perhaps a glimpse of the future, courtesy of the excellent game blog Random Average, I would recommend this post (http://random-average.com/index.php/2009/04/the-new-frontier-of-indie-publishing-has-already-been-mapped-out-on-a-battlemat/) to anyone interested in how "long tail" business models have helped shape and may continue to shape the indie/small press publishing scene.

Caution: You may be seized by an uncontrollable creative urge to drop all other responsibilities in order to finally drag that game in your head kicking and screaming out into the world! :)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Interesting article, Tamburlain. Thanks for posting.

korhal23
06-21-2009, 12:46 AM
Dammit tamburlain. I've been putting off what I'm working on... now I really do want to work on it some more.

templeorder
06-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Good article, its what i've been preaching for a while. The internet is the salvation of table top RPG's - everyone can publish and reach such a wide audience.

Tamburlain
06-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Dammit tamburlain. I've been putting off what I'm working on... now I really do want to work on it some more.

Ha aha, you and me both!
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Good article, its what i've been preaching for a while. The internet is the salvation of table top RPG's - everyone can publish and reach such a wide audience.

Everyone has a chance, at least. I agree!