PDA

View Full Version : System used for the group

Panthro82
06-18-2009, 04:29 AM
Ok thanks for your patience guys. It took me a while to find a system I liked, that also fit the world I have envisioned.

We will be running a BRP(basic role playing) system for this campaign. I chose this system because it best fits the world you will be in and it is simplistic. We will go by the BRP quick start pdf which is free. All you have to do is follow the link in this message, click to download, and create a free account(if you dont feel comfortable giving them some of the information they require to create an account then make stuff up. I did and it doesnt recognize any difference.) It can be found on http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_...oducts_id=3700 (http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_info.php?products_id=3700)
Once you download this pdf, you will have it on your comp for future referrence.(will be useful to have handy when we play)

There will be no spell casters/magic abilities.

Take the time to create a character after you become accustomed to the system. Word to the wise, when creating a character, pick a profession that involves proficiency in firearms! Also when rolling attributes roll 4d6 instead of 3d6 for CON, STR, DEX, POW, & APP. Roll 3d6+6 for INT & SIZ and drop the lowest D6 roll. when rolling 4d6, stop once you have 3d at 3 or higher. When rolling 3d6, stop once you have 2d at 3 or higher. NO REDISTRIBUTION OF POINTS ALLOWED.

Your character can start with 1 firearm of choice(must be proficient in), 1 melee weapon of choice(must be proficient in), and 1 Armor type(must be proficient in). firearm fully loaded(Once you create character I will decide on additional rounds of ammo you have based on firearm type).

Skills base will be Modern(Example in modern, drive's base is 20% instead of 1%.) Also you CAN have skills higher then 75% it says you can't, but I will allow up to 95%(Make sure your drive skill and firearms skills are sufficient, you will be using them!)

In closing, I would also appreciate a paragraph to 2 of character background(can be longer or more detailed if you wish it to be.)This is as much or more for you then me. I encourage and love good role-playing). You can post this on our group page.

I look forward to the approaching adventure.....