PDA

View Full Version : The "Bill Paxton One-Liner" thread. Enjoy!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-17-2009, 11:12 PM
The "Bill Paxton One-Liner" thread. Enjoy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Paxton

Out of every actor in Hollywood, Bill Paxton has had to have the most famous one-liners of all. Heck, i cant think of a single movie he was in where he didn't blurt out at least one great one-liner.

So, here's how this thread works: Everyone share one of Bills one-liners and the movie in which he said it in.

I'll go first: "Maybe you haven't been keepin' up on current events but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" --Aliens

What share you?

templeorder
06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Lets get it out of the way.... "Game over man!!!!"

Malruhn
06-18-2009, 12:16 AM
"This will be... our INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!"

BrotherDog
06-18-2009, 03:50 AM
"I got the wife and the kid in the car with the poodle, I hate that dog!"

-Hot Dog, Martini Ranch

It seems as though some above are confusing Bill Pullman for Bill Paxton.

Arkhemedes
06-18-2009, 09:44 AM
"This will be... our INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!"
Uh, hate to rain on your picnic. But Bill Paxton wasn't in Independence Day. I believe your thinking of Bill Pullman.

And to Thoth. Hmmm...wonder where you got the idea for this thread. Seems to me we just did one with Movie Quotes full of one-liners from Bill Paxton. Oh yeah, we did!

Oh well, here's another one from Aliens only it's a bit of a twist:

Paxton's character - "Hey Vasquez, anyone ever mistake you for a man?"

Vasquez - "No. How about you?"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Uh, hate to rain on your picnic. But Bill Paxton wasn't in Independence Day. I believe your thinking of Bill Pullman.

And to Thoth. Hmmm...wonder where you got the idea for this thread. Seems to me we just did one with Movie Quotes full of one-liners from Bill Paxton. Oh yeah, we did!

Oh well, here's another one from Aliens only it's a bit of a twist:

Paxton's character - "Hey Vasquez, anyone ever mistake you for a man?"

Vasquez - "No. How about you?"
After creating Memorable quotes from your favorite movies... (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10108), i felt that Bill Paxton deserved his own thread. After all, i cant name another actor that has arguably had more great one-liners in every movie he or she was in. Besides, i'm a Bill Paxton fan.

I first remember him in Weird Science. Hilarious. Here's a comment he made In reference to "Weird Science": "It's one of those roles that I knew I had nailed to the barn door even while we were shooting it. I remember I wanted to get that haircut for the movie, and Michael Germain, who was the hairdresser and was a friend of mine from a movie called Streets of Fire that I had done about a year or two before, was afraid to cut my hair that short. He was worried that he was gonna get in trouble with John Hughes and Joel Silver, who produced movie. And I said, 'No, please. I just want to show up on the set.' The first shot I ever shot in that movie was the scene where I pull up in, I don't know, it's like a Bronco, it's all camouflage, and I get out and I've got my shotgun in one hand, and like this one duck in the other hand, and I'm kind of seeing the cars in the driveway. And I said, 'Let me just show up on the set. I don't even want them to see it.' So, the hairdresser was this guy from the '50s and he kept it a little long on the sides and it just looked like an aircraft carrier on top. When I walked onto the set in that outfit they were just completely floored. And when they saw the dailies, they went, 'Man, don't change a thing.' "

Thanks for playing along, and good call on where i got the idea, Arkhemedes.

mrken
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Hey Paxton was good in Alien's. I just wanted to slap him the whole time I watched. lol

His best movie in my opinion was Twister. Sorry, I don't remember details like one line. :(

Arkhemedes
06-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah Thoth, he was good in Weird Science. Can't remember any lines from it but I do recall the scene where he makes his bro's friend sick to his stomach. Hilarious!

Bearfoot_Adam
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Big Love is my favorite show on tv today

Freejack
06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
He was fine as a co-actor (like Aliens) but he really sucks as the star. He does the great side-kick thing (like great one liners) but they're pretty lame when he's the star spewing them out.

Sorry, other than Aliens, no fan here.

Carl

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Big Love is my favorite show on tv today
I haven't seen the second season, yet. I'm waiting for it on netflix. Cant wait!

RoryN
06-18-2009, 11:38 PM
"We keep odd hours." as Severn in Near Dark.

And although he didn't have a ton of great ones in Weird Science, this one is my favorite: "I'm gonna tell mom and dad everything. I'm even considering makin' some sh*t up!"

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Oh man, that was a great line in Weird Science. LOL