PDA

View Full Version : Adventuring Party! The simple "Party Game" RPG

Zzarchov
06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
"Adventuring Party!" is a "Party Game" style RPG. Its a good intro RPG as it handles standard fairytale and pulp adventure, its got solid mechanical choices built in (there isn't just one way to handle things) and can be learned, played (including character creation and building an adventure) in an hour. Its under 20 pages in pdf format.

A second free sample adventure "The Lost Amulet" is also now available.

Update(June 26): A few gamplay improvements added to "Adventuring Party!"

Also, a new "fancy" edition with some pictures is available. Note this is harder to print so may not be as useful for quick pick up game.

Zzarchov
06-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Changelog

Layout changed (mostly) to two columns.

Changes to "Bribing a Guard"
Changes to Bolt and Stun in magic.
Added the Torch Bearer and Porter as Henchmen
Lantern can now be thrown as a small blast item

Why?

Well I've been showcasing this to alot of non-gamers, and frankly they like it and as I played it more and more I noticed some things I thought could be smoothed over and improved upon. Just because its an intro game doesn't mean its not worth improving.

Zzarchov
06-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Changes to tweak the dice mechanic

also, added a "Fancy" edition with some pictures. If you want to keep a version around, you might like this one.

If you want to be able to quickly print one (without using excess ink) using the basic version.

The rules are IDENTICAL.

RoleMaster91
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I've been looking for something like this for my friends that aren't gamers. I didn't want to pull out your typical "beer & pretzels" game. I think those games confuse new gamers more than help. So, something like this will really help me out. Will this game work well with some custom rapid prototype (http://www.realizeinc.com/) plastic figures? I like using mini's for my games. I think it also helps people new to the gaming table. It helps them focus on the game.

jpatterson
03-01-2011, 07:45 PM
I just saw this, haven't played or run it, but that's genius! Great work, thanks for sharing!

Pelendor
04-16-2011, 06:39 AM
I love the use of 'Luck' in this rule set Zzarchov - reminds me of Fighting Fantasy or Tunnels & Trolls. I'm also with RoleMaster91 on prefering a straight forward simple set of rpg rules, instead of a tongue-in-cheek set of rules, when it comes to new players - great set of rules!

Zzarchov
08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
I always think about updating this game, but as is it always works so well with creating new gamers. I worry I may break the charm it has.