PDA

View Full Version : Privacy Options Update

Farcaster
06-15-2009, 06:26 PM
I am pleased to announce that Pen & Paper Games will soon be partnering with Obsidian Portal (http://www.obsidianportal.com) to provide player matching services to Obsidian Portal GMs and to promote Obsidian Portal campaigns on our Player Registry. No personal, non-public information will be shared -- only information that is already available publicly on your Pen & Paper Games profile. Your email address will absolutely not be shared, and non-members will still have to register here at P&PG to send you an email or PM. Nonetheless, I have added a new privacy option that will allow you to opt-out of this service if you do not wish to have your profile promoted on another website. Please take a moment to update your preference in the User CP > Edit Options (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) section under Login & Privacy (Lonely Gamer Network).

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Very cool, Farcaster. Thanks for the 411.

I, for one, will not be opting out. Oh, and i appreciate you respecting our privacy.

Q-man
06-16-2009, 06:09 AM
This sounds like a good opportunity to me! I'll be opting-in as well.

John L
06-16-2009, 11:38 AM
I use both sites so joining them just saves me time. Thanks for the help, info, and consideration. JohnL

Arkhemedes
06-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah, sounds great to me. The more the merrier.

cplmac
06-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Interesting. Will people on the Obsidian Portal be able to post on the campaign invitations here, or will they need to join the site here? Guess the same question would work for the opposite direction too. Will it show which site a post comes from? Not that we really have this problem, but just as long as everyone remembers that what they would say on the other site will be a direct reflection of us here.

Farcaster
06-16-2009, 03:36 PM
More information will be forthcoming in a later announcement. I just wanted to give you guys some time to update your preferences.

Dark
06-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the information my preferences are now updated. ;)

Soft Serve
06-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Never even heard of Obsidian Portal I'll have to go check that out.

So if I post a campaign invitation, people on OP should be able to see it from the OP site right? And if thats the case then could they reply to it there? I just want to make sure that I can still just hit User CP to check every reply to my threads instead of having to back and forth it to check for replies.

ALSO when this comes into effect will they be able to see previously posted...posts? :)

Baldwin Stonewood
06-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I appreciate the heads up on the partnering and sharing profile information.