PDA

View Full Version : The Worthless Trivia Thread, filled with factoids only really usable on game shows. Enjoy!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-14-2009, 06:57 PM
The Worthless Trivia Thread, filled with factoids only really usable on game shows. Enjoy!

Here's how it works: We all are filled with worthless trivia and factoids, here's your chance to share what you know with the rest of us.

Remember: the more crazy, outlandish, outrageous, and truly unbelievable, the better, just be sure to keep it accurate. :eek:

I'll share first: William Shatner turned 78 on March 22, and wasn't from Iowa (LOL), but from Canada.

What share you?

Windstar
06-14-2009, 06:58 PM
John Waynes first name wa really Marion and he is from IA.

RoryN
06-14-2009, 07:09 PM
John Waynes first name wa really Marion and he is from IA.

And his real last name was Morrison.

Here are some of my "names" trivia:

Elton John's real name is Reginald Dwight.

David Bowie's real name is David Jones (he changed it so as to not be confused with Davey Jones of The Monkees)

Alice Cooper's real name is Vincent Furnier (or Fornier, I have seen it both ways)

Axl Rose's real name is William Bailey

Baron_Samedi
06-14-2009, 08:08 PM
When drinking coffee, Ludwig von Beethoven brewed exactly 60 beans per cup...

Arkhemedes
06-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Hey, did you know that Astro's original name on the Jettsons was Tralfaz? No kidding!

BrotherDog
06-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Another one is simply stating that this here thread exists. ;;D

traesin
07-14-2009, 02:31 AM
a sneeze hangs in the air up to 3hrs...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Here's a gross one: keep your razors, toothbrushes, whatever, more than 6 feet from the toilet for microorganisms(you know what i'm talking about) will contaminate pretty much everything in the bathroom. Yuck!

Sascha
07-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Here's a gross one: keep your razors, toothbrushes, whatever, more than 6 feet from the toilet for microorganisms(you know what i'm talking about) will contaminate pretty much everything in the bathroom. Yuck!
That's more due to people tending not to wash hands after, than proximity to the toilet, I thought.

Trivia: Humans and other primates have roughly the same body hair density.
Trivia: Humans are the only primates possessing a prominent chin.
Trivia: Humans are the only primates lacking a baculum.

RoryN
07-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Humans and dolphins are the only mammals that have sex for pleasure...not with each other, of course. (heard it somewhere, but don't know how exactly they found about the dolphin's motives)

cplmac
07-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Hey, did you know that Astro's original name on the Jettsons was Tralfaz? No kidding!

Yep, but he ran away from his owner that had named him Tralfaz.

Oh yeah, this was proven by Mythbusters. Give a whole new perspective to the joke: Spots on the wall, by Who Flung Poo.

traesin
07-15-2009, 03:26 AM
a cat's whiskers grow as long as their bodies are wide.

Sascha
07-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Humans and dolphins are the only mammals that have sex for pleasure...not with each other, of course. (heard it somewhere, but don't know how exactly they found about the dolphin's motives)
Chimpanzees and bonobos do it, too; bonobos, especially, have something of a reputation for it ;)

Oh yeah, this was proven by Mythbusters. Give a whole new perspective to the joke: Spots on the wall, by Who Flung Poo.
Sorta. All their toothbrushes did test positive, yes, including the control brushes left outside the bathroom; however, their UCSF microbiology expert suggested that it wasn't airborne contact, nor proximity to the toilet that did it. (Gotta love DVD box sets :P)

Razmus
07-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Here are some of my "names" trivia:
A little more... I'm sure folks already know most of these though.

Sting's real name is Gordan Sumner.

Cher's birth name was Cherilyn Sarkisian.

Judy Garland's real name was Frances Ethel Gumm.

Greta Garbo's real name was Greta Lovisa Gustafsson.

Dr. Seuss was the pen name of Theodor Geisel.

Ulysses S. Grant was born with the name Hiram Ulysses Grant.

traesin
07-16-2009, 02:47 AM
little tikes toys are owned by rubbermaid

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-16-2009, 04:47 AM
Superglue was designed to patch up our wounded military.

traesin
07-16-2009, 04:55 AM
it works great too!

The u of IL assembly hall can not hold loud rocks concerts. The building is slowly sinking into the ground.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-16-2009, 05:08 AM
WD-40 is completely non-poisonous to humans.

traesin
07-16-2009, 05:20 AM
409 is a nerotoxin and can kill humans

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
milk is bad for you: notmilk.com

Sascha
07-16-2009, 11:13 AM
milk is bad for you: notmilk.com
Fun little fact: most of the world's adult peoples are lactose intolerant (to some degree; ~75%, worldwide). Also, human milk has more lactose than cow milk.

traesin
07-17-2009, 03:43 AM
tampons were first invented by the ancient Egyptians.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Didn't they also invent the condom, making it out of the intestines of some animal?

traesin
07-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I think so....

Catherine the Great of Russia was really German.