PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Familiar question (4ed)

SilenzZzz
06-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Good day,

First off i will setup the basis of the Familiar that i have ... it is in the form of a small mouse ... to be a tiny creature, and have bonus to stealth checks and able to carry about 2lbs on it's own ... (plus a small bonus to thievery) ...

in 4ed, the Arcane Familiar uses your own characters stats when it makes skill checks (with bonuses to them depending on what style familiar shape you pick) ...

but not all of the listed familiars have some information on them ... like vision type and such ... so i am curious ...

would you think it defaults to whatever the animal is? ... but since it is not actually that animal but instead an Arcane Spirit that has just taken the form of that animal... would it be something different? ... (like low light, infra, etc)

Grimwell
06-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Sorry man, can't help. I don't have this particular book yet. Hopefully someone else can jump in with good info!

korhal23
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
If the familiar doesn't show that it has such an ability, then it does not. So, I'm going to assume you based your mouse familiar off of the Rat, as Rats have the same power you describe. Rats only have normal vision.

To answer more generally for your own reference later, all familiars have the abilities listed on page 137 of Arcane Power. On pages 140 and 141, where they have the more detailed information, lists all the special abilities unique to each familiar. If it isn't there, they don't have it.

SilenzZzz
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
If the familiar doesn't show that it has such an ability, then it does not. So, I'm going to assume you based your mouse familiar off of the Rat, as Rats have the same power you describe. Rats only have normal vision.

To answer more generally for your own reference later, all familiars have the abilities listed on page 137 of Arcane Power. On pages 140 and 141, where they have the more detailed information, lists all the special abilities unique to each familiar. If it isn't there, they don't have it.

yes mouse = rat for stats ... i had tried looking up stats for a normal rat in MM but only found the 'sub's of them ... which had low-light ... so was not for sure what the normal rat vision was ... that is where i was running into a problem ... (that and not for sure if the familiar picked up all the normal weakness / strengths of the form it chooses)

i will check out 140 and 141 guess i didn't read those pages .. just found the chart that listed all of them. and pulled the rest out of the Char builder.