PDA

View Full Version : Starting Rifts Campaign in Little Rock Area

artiestringer
06-13-2009, 09:11 AM
http://games.sub-standard.com/Motivational%20Posters/Shadowrun-rifts-Btech/Rifts-WTF.jpg

We're looking to meet some local table-top gamers, and to also hopefully start a campaign or join one. I, John, normally have GM'd Rifts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifts_%28role-playing_game%29), which can be best described as every other D20 game put in a blender. It has magic, high technology, giant robots (of course), super psychic powers, aliens, vampires, necromancy, mutants, all thrown through a rift in time/space to Earth into a post-apocalyptic world. With that being said, you have a lot of flexibility with what a campaign and player can do, and it is great for someone new to table-top in general or just new to Rifts.

I'd also like to mention that this is the only table-top I've played and GM'd, though I am open to playing in other campaigns of the D&D and D20 persuasion. I have several of the books released by Paladium as well as the pdf's of all those books, so no one will need to buy source books unless they just really want to do so. As far as campaign styles go, I'm pretty laid back and open to accomodating both new and experienced players. I prefer to play once a week (weekend afternoon/evening), but if players need to skip a week here and there, I'm not bothered by it. I like to generally do a 75% Role-Playing, 25% Combat, but am more than willing and experienced to focus on more combat if that is what the group desires. The beauty of Rifts in particular is that a group can vary in how much a player does combat or role plays, with everyone also getting equal time in the spot light and play time. The big thing I enjoy in campaigns is providing plenty of puzzle-solving and accomodating creative players. But if you like to blow things up or just smash them to pieces, I can throw plenty of things at you! As far as group size, I prefer a group of at least two players and a GM or up to 6 or so players. For location, we're willing to play here in North Little Rock in home or somewhere else. Anywhere in a 30 mile radius is fine with us.

My girlfriend, Nicole, has been playing Rifts for almost a year now. Prior to then she has only sat in on a few D&D games without actually playing. She is also pretty laid back as a player. She's played anywhere from rp-intensive and analytical characters to a simple thrash and smash character. Being the creative type, she'll willingly play anything in character.

Like I mentioned, we are pretty laid back people. So we're not into dressing up for campaigns. The hat or accessory is pretty cool, but full costumes just aren't our thing.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear back from you. If you have any questions or just want to chit chat, just shoot me a message. We can also all meet up for coffee/tea/etc to get to know each other.

Thanks,
John and Nicole

Dark
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
No pbp? :( :Cry:

artiestringer
06-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I like to do the face to face thing.