PDA

View Full Version : What are you driving? Easy, simple, and fun thread for everyone.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-11-2009, 04:14 PM
What are you driving? Easy, simple, and fun thread for everyone.

If you have a whole range of toys that can transport your person from one location to another, then please list.

Me:

Corvette: My main mode of transportation.

Jeep Cherokee: Was great fun but i had to sell recently due to traversing one too many mountains. Suspension finally went, as well as the electrical. Thoth sad.

And when Thoth needs to go on trips that require a higher tech level than Earth offers, he likes to travel via his Astral Body, but that's for another thread. :eek:

What share you?

korhal23
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I drive a Mercedes E320 and have a Catalina 22 Sailboat.

Not bad for an E-3 in the Air Force ;)

Kaewin
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
I just bought a 2009 Kia Spectra last week. It is a pretty gold color, my wife calls it bling-bling

Sascha
06-11-2009, 05:25 PM
I drive my roommate crazy; does that count? :D

Beyond that, it's good ol' fashioned leg-powered transit for me :P

Freejack
06-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Street Motorcycle

http://www.schelin.org/20050820/day01/dscn5931x600.jpg
2002 Hayabusa - Primary means of transportation.

http://schelin.org/20070603/IMG_5442.jpg
2001 SV650 - Track bike. It's street able but generally it's just ridden to the track.

Dual-Sport Motorcycles

http://schelin.org/20060714/dscn7291x600.jpg
1989 TransAlp - Generally a winter bike but I will run up into the hills from time to time.

Cycling - I'm 4.6 miles from work so I've been riding my bike to and from work.

Walking - We walk around the neighborhood and over to dinner from time to time.

Public Transportation - We do take the bus to the airport or to downtown Denver or Boulder, especially for events.

Carl

Windstar
06-11-2009, 07:30 PM
A Chevy Malibu, Customized Harley and my other has 18 wheels, Peterbilt 379 EXHD.

tesral
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
1998 Ford Taurus wagon, white. It gets me around.

I've never been one for motor toys.

templeorder
06-12-2009, 07:02 AM
My cherry ride (non-pimped) is a 2002 Hyundai thats been to Wyoming and back several times. We also have a scooter that has not moved in three years since my wife's neck surgery, losing value while we could sure use a real vacation. But i'm not bitter or anything. I gave up my skateboard about 2 years ago because of all the foot problems i had been having.

Skunkape
06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
2005 Ford Taurus sedan.
2005 Harley Davidson 883 Custom Sportster.

Planning on buying a Dodge Challenger, either around September/October this year or March/April next year. Also planning on buying a Harley Davidson V-rod Muscle in about 4 years, when the 110th year anniversary model comes out.

Valdar
06-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Main ride: 2002 black Honda CRV with all the options.

Occasional addition to main ride: Iron Eagle 4x8 trailer for luxury camping, moving, and trips to Home Depot for lumber.

Toy: 1998 Kawasaki 900 cc Jetski for racing against cars on the 520 floating bridge.

Workout gear: Specialized 21-speed bike, Coleman canoe

Harwel
06-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I have a 97 Nissan 4x4 pickup with about 180k miles on it, still on the original clutch and it still runs great. I moved cross country with it and a U-Haul hitched to the back. The only real repair it's ever needed was the alternator getting replaced this year.

My commute is short so I bicycle it sometimes if the weather is good (not this year since my commute route is construction mess this year). Helps stay fit. I have problems with vertigo so no motorcycles for me. :( I would love to try one of these though: http://flytheroad.com/

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I have a 97 Nissan 4x4 pickup with about 180k miles on it, still on the original clutch and it still runs great. I moved cross country with it and a U-Haul hitched to the back. The only real repair it's ever needed was the alternator getting replaced this year.

My commute is short so I bicycle it sometimes if the weather is good (not this year since my commute route is construction mess this year). Helps stay fit. I have problems with vertigo so no motorcycles for me. :( I would love to try one of these though: http://flytheroad.com/
I signed up for it. I know it's unofficial, but I'd love to have one, too.

mrken
06-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Driving my wife's Grand Caravan, hoping my son puts a new engine in my Toyota 4x4. Repairing the front end would also be nice, but without an engine it just sets there. :(

Oldgamer
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 is primary

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/freefallin1309/cincy014.jpg

94 Jeep Wrangler is/was toy ... Oldgamer sad, had to sell:(

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/freefallin1309/Jeep001.jpg

Baldwin Stonewood
06-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Oldgamer where do you typically skydive out of? z'hills or Lake Wales? Gilbert's a great little airport - scenic landings, I've done some touch and goes out there.

I prefer to stay in the airplane though. No reason to get out of perfectly fine running plane. :laugh:

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Current car is a Chevy Malibu. I guess I lucked out with that one, because I've gotten many offers for people to buy it off of me even though GM's in trouble.

Previously I've owned a Ford Taurus and a Buick LeSabre, so I've only had American cars. I intend to keep it that way as much as possible.

Panthro82
06-14-2009, 10:03 AM
2007 Ford Explorer. Murdered out. I'll have to take a picture and put it on here sometime. Love it. First vehicle I have ever had that gets POSITIVE attention. I actually got pulled over once in it, and the cop literally just pulled me over I think to ask me about it. He looked like a child on christmas morning lol. Asking me how it handled and how much I payed. First vehicle I have ever owned that was pretty much brand new when I got it. It doesn't get much for gas mileage, but where I live if you don't have 4 wheel drive then there are days when you simply aren't going anywhere.

Oldgamer
06-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Oldgamer where do you typically skydive out of? z'hills or Lake Wales? Gilbert's a great little airport - scenic landings, I've done some touch and goes out there.

I prefer to stay in the airplane though. No reason to get out of perfectly fine running plane. :laugh:

Lake Wales, Z'Hills is too far ... and I can't wait to get out of the plane :) Jump planes are usually barely capable of flying, the DZ's don't make much money, so maintenance is not priority :) You've never seen scared people until you watch a group of skydivers that has to ride the plane back down due to a storm cloud or something ... the pilot makes you nervous when he and the jumpmaster start talking so that no one else can hear ... of course, we like to scare the new people when we get about 300' or so, "Do you smell smoke?" Most have just gotten the rudimentary training on the ground and remember 300' is real close to being too low for a chute to open completely :eek: I like to remind them that at terminal velocity, they're falling at roughly 250' per second :lol: They don't know it takes them roughly 1200' to reach TV!

Dimthar
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Previously I've owned a Ford Taurus and a Buick LeSabre, so I've only had American cars. I intend to keep it that way as much as possible.

You mean American Brands or Cars Made in America (http://www.leoidea.com/2007/12/01/heres-the-list-of-cars-made-in-the-usa-by-import-manufacturers/)?

Just Kidding ...

tesral
06-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Lake Wales, Z'Hills is too far ... and I can't wait to get out of the plane :) Jump planes are usually barely capable of flying, the DZ's don't make much money, so maintenance is not priority :)!

The propeller is to keep the pilot cool. You can tell because you can see how he sweats when it stops.

PlattevilleGamer
06-15-2009, 06:35 AM
I have a 1998 GMC Jimmy 4x4 SLT. I LOVE it. When I got it it had 72k on it and now almost 6 years later it has 160k on it and I'm not even employed...lol. Those trips from Platteville to Toronto sure pack on the miles. It runs like a dream and its AWESOME in the winter. We had 12'' of snow this year in one night and I was the only person in the lot who didn't have to dig out. I felt bad and helped out my neighbors though...it was funny to see them try to get there sports cars out of the lot that day. Unfortunatly its starting to have troubles, The AC compressor finally went out and I'm thinking the tranny is starting to go out as well. But for all the crap I've done to that car(what can I say I was 18 when I got it) its held up amazingly well. Oh if that car could talk...the trouble I would be in.

My family also has a 28 foot pontoon boat which was my main mode of transpertion away from my parents when I was a teenager. We got it in 95 or 96 I think and it still looks brand new. I'm kind of pissed my dad only put a 50 horse engine on it though...but it still get up to about 50 when you push it and on the water thats fast enough for 28' of metal to move.

Bearfoot_Adam
06-16-2009, 12:18 AM
'08 Honda fit for me. Though I walk peddle or light rail as much as I drive

cplmac
06-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I drive a 2003 Mazda B2300 pickup, with a manual transmission.

Anytime that the girls are going along, we have to use the wife's 2007 Dodge Nitro, since we can't put two car seats in the truck.

Although, back in high school, I drove my parents 1977 Ford Granda that had the 302 eight cylinder engine and was also a manual transmission.

Oldgamer
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM

The view of Lake Wales at about 9000' :) The DZ is to the bottom right, the rest is swamp :) Don't miss ....

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii84/freefallin1309/scan0012-1.jpg

emblasochist
06-24-2009, 10:41 AM
I drive an '01 Toyota Corolla. Thing used to run on hopes and dreams, and the spare pennies I had in it, but now it runs on the misery of drying up my wallet once again. Man do I hate the summertime gas prices. I feel bad for the people driving the H1s and Big F350/1500 trucks on gas because they're REALLY hurtin'.