PDA

View Full Version : Saga/Scout Trooper armor

Slipstream
06-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Hey all,

I'm rolling a character that will be wearing Imperial Scout Trooper armor, and I can't seem to find any mention of it in a universal index, to find out if it's in one of the books. Can anyone help me? Do I just use the stats of Stormtrooper Armor? It seems like it wouldn't use the same stats as it is light, even though the core book says that Stormtrooper Armor is light already (I would think medium, personally, as in order of strength of least to greatest: scout, storm, shock), but whatev.

Any help on this would rock! :)

korhal23
06-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not 100% on whether it's been added later (most likely through the Rebellion Era campaign book if it's anywhere), but at least in the core book, you are correct that Imperial scout armor is not there per se. What you do have, on page 133, is a statement that variants of the standard issue stormtrooper armor exist, and are the same as normal stormtrooper armor with some minor changes. The examples given are snow and sandtrooper armor, which are just normal stormtrooper armor, plus cold and heat immunity respectively. So talk to your GM. My initial reaction, were I GMing your game would be to add 1 to the perception check bonus (gotta see stuff at high speed and, you know, SCOUT) but that's up to him/her.

Sascha
06-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Scout Trooper Armor, p. 280

"+4 armor; as combat jumpsuit with helmet package"

korhal23
06-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Jeez... can't believe I missed that. That being said, I'm not used to games giving NPC gear and enumerating it like that without putting it in the gear section..

Slipstream
06-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Sweet! Thanks you two!

Sascha
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome ^_^