PDA

View Full Version : Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies

fmitchell
06-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Has anyone played S7S yet? I'm still reading the book, but it's interesting so far.

Having read PDQ#, I'm a little confused about style dice, but maybe I just need to reread those sections.

Tamburlain
06-11-2009, 07:43 AM
I haven't played it, but my copy is on order. The world in this game sounds so.. so, what is the right word?-- It sounds so playable. If and when you do get a game going, give us a PaPG review. :)

Webhead
06-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I've been really tempted to buy S7S ever since I first heard about it but I'm trying not to spend more money on gaming right now. Plus, I already have one RPG featuring sky pirates and floating islands, so it would be a tough sell to my current group anyway.

It sounds really stylish and a lot of fun, if you can get a group that would be willing to play it.

Tamburlain
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I've been really tempted to buy S7S ever since I first heard about it but I'm trying not to spend more money on gaming right now. Plus, I already have one RPG featuring sky pirates and floating islands, so it would be a tough sell to my current group anyway.

It sounds really stylish and a lot of fun, if you can get a group that would be willing to play it.

Can one really have too many games that feature sky pirates and floating islands? I'm shocked! :) I suppose next you'll tell us that your gaming quota for trident-wielding hermaphroditic chiropractors and underwater mer-cities has also been met.

templeorder
06-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Can one really have too many games that feature sky pirates and floating islands? I'm shocked! :) I suppose next you'll tell us that your gaming quota for trident-wielding hermaphroditic chiropractors and underwater mer-cities has also been met.

Yours wield tridents? Coooooolll :lol:

trechriron
06-21-2009, 01:05 AM
I have read it twice and I love it! The PDQ system is so awesome and the setting is very unique. I too am a little fuzzy on the style dice. There is a Yahoo Group for S7S that I am sure someone has explained it (even Chad IIRC). I am definitely going to have to peruse that section again slowly and hit the Y! Group for advice. I will come back and post my thoughts when mine are clear. :D

I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I am hoping to run a demo at the next Vegas Gamers mini-con. I will then craft a playtest review and post it on RPG.net and here.

It really is a splendid game. I can't wait to run it!

You can stop over to the Atomic Sock Monkey Press (http://www.atomicsockmonkey.com/) web site, check out freebies. You can download the rules (PDQ#) for free!
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Gah! I WAS just designing a game called Splish Splash: Three Points, Two Sexes, and One hopping Mer-city. I guess that game is ruined now.

Sheesh. Thanks. :mad:

... :D

korhal23
06-21-2009, 01:13 AM
Gah! I WAS just designing a game called Splish Splash: Three Points, Two Sexes, and One hopping Mer-city. I guess that game is ruined now.

Oh the creepy, creepy fan fiction that game would inspire. *shudder* Damn you internet/rule 34. Damn you.

trechriron
06-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh the creepy, creepy fan fiction that game would inspire. *shudder* Damn you internet/rule 34. Damn you.

:eek:

Tamburlain
06-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Haha aha! No, now it's more imperative than ever that you complete it, trechriron. At least before someone at the Forge releases Sex and the Mer-City.

Funny. People always go on about how psychologically difficult it is to play characters of the opposite gender--or else of opposite sexual orientation. I understand. But for a real challenge, everyone should role play at least one eunuch and one hermaphrodite in their role-play careers. So say I.