PDA

View Full Version : Man I love Dark Ages

MortonStromgal
06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I was pouring through Dark Ages Vampire and Mage last night and wow. I mean WOW!!!! I forget how good they are, the layout, art, and evocative stories are some of the best in RPG IMHO. Sure their are some down points like the rules needing a bit of streamlining and powers needing some balancing not to mention some crazy npcs but over all it really is the high point of my enjoyment of RPGs.

Thanks for listening :D

Valdar
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
The LARP I played in for a bit is set in the dark ages- it's pretty immersive.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I was pouring through Dark Ages Vampire and Mage last night and wow. I mean WOW!!!! I forget how good they are, the layout, art, and evocative stories are some of the best in RPG IMHO. Sure their are some down points like the rules needing a bit of streamlining and powers needing some balancing not to mention some crazy npcs but over all it really is the high point of my enjoyment of RPGs.

Thanks for listening :D
Is this WoD? If so, which edition is the best?

Moritz
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
You like Dark Ages? You mean the last 8 years in the good ole USA?

Baron_Samedi
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Dark Ages Fae is by far the best both for tabletop and LARP possibilities, it really hard to find, but worth looking for...DA Werewolf is also interesting as an opposing force to vampire...sort of fringe v. civilization type of thing...

Dark
06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Agreed I love the Dark Age the best and had some good times over a good many summers , so if anyone decides to start up a pbp give me a shout please :pray:.

MortonStromgal
06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Is this WoD? If so, which edition is the best?

Personal opinion? nWOD (barely), but its more inconsistent than Dark Ages: X. Where Dark Ages: X shines is in the fluff and while you can see alot of the nWOD focus of streamlining the rules and making the powers even (compared to previous editions) it still had along way to go. nWOD also adds alot of extranious systems clumped onto the rules that didn't exist before (you dont have to use them but they are there). Dark Ages: X is also the first version to handle cross-overs well. The core book is Dark Ages: Vampire, and you need it to play Dark Ages: Mage for example as the Mage book just covers the added rules for playing a Mage. The only big hurdle I had with the Dark Ages: X system is combat, combat is too dang slow especially compared to nWOD, the rest of it was acceptable and perhaps somethings better than nWOD. You can still download the core mechanics from http://download.white-wolf.com/download/download.php?file_id=119 (which will allow you to build regular humans) and of course for all your character sheet needs http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/

You like Dark Ages? You mean the last 8 years in the good ole USA?
Only 8? I would have thought longer!

Baron_Samedi
06-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Agreed I love the Dark Age the best and had some good times over a good many summers , so if anyone decides to start up a pbp give me a shout please :pray:.

Dark...

I'm looking to get something together, i put a post on the PBP section...give me PM and we'll get the ball rolling maybe? I'm afraid i haven't played on one before but we'll see what comes of it...:D