PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could have done differently...

Moritz
06-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes, another pseudo pointless thread, but why not?

Ok, the question is. In your past, is there something you wish you could have done differently to obtain another result?

Keep it brief, because TL:DNR (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tl%3Bdnr) comes into play more often than not.

-----------

I wish, before I got married, that I'd met some girl with the last name Oz; so I could say, "Yeah, I've been to Oz.", or "There's no place like her.".

MortonStromgal
06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't have wasted my time in college so much. I'm not sure if this means I would have buckled down and studied more or just not gone though.

Harwel
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I've done many stupid things, but all in all everything worked out. I have no regrets and wouldn't change anything.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I would have applied myself more in school, earning a doctorate, continued flying, and become an airline pilot.

Too bad the human lifespan is so short, for it seems that i have been playing catch-up since my early 20's.

Good General Chatter thread, Moritz.

RoryN
06-09-2009, 03:05 PM
Although changing anything in the past would alter who and where I am now, if I had a chance to see what my life would be like, I would have persued my musical aspirations more earnestly when I was young, rather than doing things the way I did.

I'm in a good place now in my life, but that one "what if...?" pops into my head every now and then.

Kaewin
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I wish i took an earlier flight to see my father so I could have been there when he died not about 10 minutes to late

Moritz
06-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I wish i took an earlier flight to see my father so I could have been there when he died not about 10 minutes to late

I know that feeling, I was about 12 hours late in my situation.

Dytrrnikl
06-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Gone to college right after high school instead of waiting until I was 31. While I'm in a good place now, I wonder what things would've been like had I gone sooner.

shilar
06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I would have stuck to the original plan and joined the air force instead of army. Might not have as much arthritis that way.

Bearfoot_Adam
06-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Absolutely nothing. Not that I don't have regrets but if one believes in causality then I wouldn't risk all the great things I have in my life to change something that didn't go my way back then.

Bob the Dalek
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Never gone to college...
become an electrician...
been more of a jerk with women...

Nah.

Malruhn
06-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I have made some colossal mistakes in my life - but, due to them, I have turned into the person I am today... scars and all.

I think the only thing that I might change would be to control my money better. I've wasted tens of thousands of dollars and didn't have crap to show for it until after I married my wife... who now controls the money.