PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Collectors, this thread's for you...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Gaming Collectors, this thread's for you...

So, everyone please share which rpg systems, and editions(if applicable) that you collect. If you have complete sets, or close to completing sets of your favorite rpgs, please share. If you have emptied your wallet of all its green to obtain special books, or even collect board games, share the specific book, books, gaming magazines, and amount of board games you have in your collection.

What share me:

1) I have all the Traveller CT material, well, almost all of it.
2) I also have, i believe, ALL the WFRP material for both 1E & 2E.
3) I even have all the Gamma World material, the old stuff.

I'm really proud of these collections.

Items I'd love to acquire, if the fundage was there, would be all the Hackmaster, Mongoose Traveller, Star Frontiers, & Twilight 2000(dunno why, childhood memories, perhaps), material. Perhaps one day, when i win the lottery.

What share you?

gregm
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Star Frontiers. I have two nearly complete sets. Only missing item is one of the miniatures box sets.

Otherwise I don't have any other games I collect. I have a good selection of different books but I mostly buy them to read, not necessarily to play.

RoryN
06-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I never really thought of it as collecting, but I have a ton of AD&D stuff: PHB, MM, FF, DMG, MMII, some of the "Complete" guides, probably 150-200 Dragon Magazines, the first 2 years of Dungeon Adventures, quite a few modules, and other miscellaneous bits and pieces. I have a complete list somewhere...was thinking of putting it all on ebay or something, but just can't seem to part with it. :D

Baldwin Stonewood
06-08-2009, 04:16 PM
I don't collect gaming items per se. However, I do go to a second hand book store near my house and pickup older versions of DnD when available.

Baron_Samedi
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I just collect hard to find editions and rare books related to gaming...

Nobilis...is most likely my best prize...now if i can only find it...:(

korhal23
06-08-2009, 04:46 PM
So far I have all of:
3.5 D&D and 4E D&D
The Vampire, Mage, Werewolf, and normal human books for nWoD
The entire run of both Spycraft 1 and Spycraft 2.0
I was keeping up with Star Wars Saga while my group played it but when we stopped I stopped
and I have all of Aces and Eights' stuff.

mrken
06-08-2009, 04:58 PM
I am not a collector, but I do have the complete set of Star Frontiers books. Also, as a Christmas present, the owner of the LFGS bought me the complete set of Pendragon books while I was working there. Other than those, I have no complete sets of anything as I am way too frugal and only pick up the stuff I neeeeeeeed!!!! For my game that is, only for my game, otherwise I wouldn't bother. ;)

Freejack
06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
I have over 600 pieces of RPG gear (based on RPG.net's gaming catalog that I provided a lot of input to :) ).

I have all the Shadowrun books. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. I also have several print editions of books with more than one print run. Not all, but I'm looking for them. I also have all the Shadowrun novels.

I have a second Denver Boxed set with two different passes (so four passes and I think there are five but I'm not sure).

I have several German books including a couple of unique ones, 6 French books, and a Japanese novel.

I have a few Shadowrun miniatures and recently picked up one that wasn't on the Ral Parth list I found on line (Troll).

Since I was playing back when it was released, I have a banner and some other fliers. Plus as part of the second boxed set, I received several cards from various conventions.

I have a listing on my website: http://www.shadowrun.us/php/listing.php

Carl

templeorder
06-08-2009, 06:37 PM
1st ed ADnD = biggest collection. I have almost all the Star Frontiers stuff as well. Runequest (1st edition + second).

Crud... i have a ton of old Magic the Gathering cards... gotta be worth thousands now... i got stuff thats crazy old. I also have the entire run of conan comic books and Savage Sword i have a huge stash (+Savage Tales too). I have a bunch of comic books really.

I have a bunch of Munchkin sets.

deathboy
06-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Let see I have a lot if not all the Star Wars D6 books. I got most of it on the cheap from WEG being at Cons I went to and them having damage sales.

Much of the oWoD stuff, there are a few rarer printing books I am still in need of, but I am patient. I have all the LARP books as well. I have some of the nWoD stuff, but just don't want to pour more money into it as of yet.

A plethora of 1st, 2nd and 3.0 and 3.5 D&D books. Add to it the red blue green black and gold boxes, numerous box sets especially Spelljammer, Forgotten Realms and Planescape. This is always growing as I still hunt for the elusive 1st Ed. Deities and Demigods with Cthulhu and Elric.

1958Fury
06-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Before I even started playing D&D, I collected miniatures and dice, just because I like them. I'm one of the minority who's actually glad the most recent editions rely heavily on minis, because it means I have a chance to use them.

Windstar
06-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Well I had a ton of AD&D 1e, 2e, 3x and now am strating over, as the funds become available I will replace most. I have working on the 4e stuff and after that I will start looking for the older stuff, till my wife puts the brakes on anyway.

tesral
06-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I am not a collector. ;)

Likewise. I don't collect to collect. I have a lot of stuff, but because I wanted it.

Mead
06-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I collect, but only at bargain prices. Most of what I've got is either firesale or was bought newly published. I've got all of the 1e AD&D books the latter way, also Battletech. Torg and Deadlands collections (20+ books each, nearly complete) were gotten bulk from publisher inventory dumps at about $3 apiece.

Everything else I get in dribs and drabs as I find it cheap. I wouldn't pay premium prices for any of this stuff.

Arkhemedes
06-11-2009, 11:19 PM
With the exception of some Dragon Magazine articles and a map set from the early years, I have everything ever published for the Forgotten Realms (1e, 2e, 3e, 4e, accessories, modules, over 200 novels, even a board game), plus everything else from the planet Toril: the entire collections of Kara-Tur, and Al Qadim. I have everything ever published for Ravenloft and Spelljammer. I have everything ever published for 2e Greyhawk and beyond with the exeception of some novels, plus most of the 1e modules. I have every 1e hardback rule book (several copies of most) with the one exception of the hard to find original Deities and Demigods (with the Melnibonean Mythos and Cthulhu Mythos, though I have photo-copies of these missing pages), 2e hardback rule books and almost all 3e (again several copies of both of these). This does not include the various Gurps, Conan and many other d20 books that I have. A few of the items above are (sadly) photo-copies. But none of these items did I buy just to collect them. I truly thought, once upon at time, that I would actually get to run/utilize all of these items eventually. Now, however, I realize that even if I play the game 'til I'm 80 years old I'll be lucky to get through half of it!

templeorder
06-12-2009, 06:49 AM
This is always growing as I still hunt for the elusive 1st Ed. Deities and Demigods with Cthulhu and Elric.

Yea, i got me that one and its one of my real prizes in the collection.

Harwel
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM

Wow, that 1e Deities and Demigods is rare now? I gave mine away like 10 years ago (with most of my other RPG books) when I had to move light. It was to a good friend though, so I have no regrets.

tesral
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM

Yep, well used, loved, and real.

Arkhemedes
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow, that 1e Deities and Demigods is rare now? I gave mine away like 10 years ago (with most of my other RPG books) when I had to move light. It was to a good friend though, so I have no regrets.[/quote]

Wow is right. 10 years ago that book was going for $150 - $200 in good condition at the local comic book store. Hope it was a real good friend.

Harwel
06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Wow, that 1e Deities and Demigods is rare now? I gave mine away like 10 years ago (with most of my other RPG books) when I had to move light. It was to a good friend though, so I have no regrets.

Wow is right. 10 years ago that book was going for $150 - $200 in good condition at the local comic book store. Hope it was a real good friend.

Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I had a job opportunity out of state too good to let go, I had to move on short notice. No time to sell, and not enough room in the truck for most of my stuff. So I gave all my RPG books to, yeah, a real good friend. I was never a collector anyway, and he was/is. I'm sure he still has everything I gave him. He wouldn't sell stuff like that unless he was in dire financial straits. And if that happened, well, then I'm glad I was able to help.

Freejack
06-12-2009, 06:22 PM
I have Deities and Demigods with the Melnibonian and Cthulhu entries but it's the second printing (with the additional text).

Carl

Mead
06-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I have Deities and Demigods with the Melnibonian and Cthulhu entries but it's the second printing (with the additional text).

Carl

Mine's a first (the other's a 5th), but unfortunately in rather worn condition. Luckily that doesn't matter since it'll never be sold, nor any of my other books.

MortonStromgal
06-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Well at one point in time I had every shadowrun and ad&d 2nd edition product. Then I went away to college and had no room so I sold most of my gaming stuff. Now I have begun recollecting everything I sold and added oWOD to the list.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-27-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd like to say i have almost all of the 1E & 2E stuff (dnd), then i saw a list somewhere, and became extremely disappointed. Oh well, one day perhaps, when the fundage is there.

At least i have everything WFRP (1E&2E), everything Gamma World (CGW), and most everything of Traveller CT. I'm including private companies in my assessment of all three listed games.

Thoth felt he had to brag, once again. He is very proud of his collections.

tesral
06-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Don't collect, I use. I collect dead pets, but not gaming books, I use them. For that I have a fairly eclectic collection.

CEBedford
07-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I tend to drift towards owning all supplements for a game, or as many as I can manage to buy.

The only game I've succeeded in gathering everything is Unknown Armies which I'm quite happy I own.

nijineko
07-09-2009, 02:29 AM
i have a lot of d&d 3.x stuff. i keep having to get rid of stuff in moves, so i don't have my carwars or star frontiers stuff anymore, except for a few adventures from the latter. i'd like to finish out my 3.x collection-with the exception of the books i disallow in my campaigns. then i want to pick up star frontiers and carwars again. i'd also like to pick up gurps, as i'm fond of it. after that... maybe champions, m&m, a few palladium books, the old marvel game, some rolemaster, feng shui, serenity(for the chinese sayings more than anything else!), and a scattering of other stuff of usefulness.

korhal23
07-09-2009, 07:19 AM
... serenity(for the chinese sayings more than anything else!), ....

Ta-da (http://www.fireflyrpg.com/rpg/Props_files/chineseslang.pdf)

tesral
07-09-2009, 07:27 AM
i have a lot of d&d 3.x stuff. i keep having to get rid of stuff in moves, so i don't have my carwars or star frontiers stuff anymore, except for a few adventures from the latter. i'd like to finish out my 3.x collection-with the exception of the books i disallow in my campaigns. then i want to pick up star frontiers and carwars again.

Moving and collecting are a bit of a zero sum game. The more you move the less you have.

Drivvic the Southlander
08-04-2009, 01:50 PM
I have every Dungeons and Dragons 2nd edition and 3.5 book as well as a large number of Dungeon magazines.

I have every 3.5 Star Wars RPG books

Each of white wolfs original pen and paper books

and most of Palladium's stuff as well