PDA

View Full Version : The New Land of the Lost film, like it or hate it, has definitely injected new life into the old franchise. How does this community feel about it?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Another thought-provoking, debate-encouraging, genius-level synaptically sparked thread brought to you by templeorder, found on these boards.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New Land of the Lost film, like it or hate it, has definitely injected new life into the old franchise. How does this community feel about it, Will Farrell as the lead role, and the retelling of the story that doesn't jive with the old?

What share you?

trechriron
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Loved it! It was super fun and I think they did a brilliant job. Don't care it didn't mesh with the old, it was still well done.

Moritz
06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Childhood ruining. I will NOT go see this.

Harwel
06-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Will Farrell? I wont go.

That is all.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I'll wait for a month for cable.:)

templeorder
06-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I have to admit, i'm will farrell'd out.

Kaewin
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I liked the TV series when it was on the first time. i don't think I could watch Will Farrell make a pretty campy show into a total farce.

BrotherDog
06-10-2009, 02:43 AM
I enjoyed it allot, therefore did not vote as not one choice fit how I felt about it. Sure they went down the Action-Comedy path, but that doesn't mean it ruins anything. they had makeup for the lack camp from more advanced effects somehow, at least for those us who want some aspect of the camp. All in all, I like where they went with it. But then again, I have no preconceived notions of Will Ferrel. The only film I've seen him in, led him to getting this part, as he played Marshall Willenholley on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I caught the refference the moment the character said his name.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I enjoyed it allot, therefore did not vote as not one choice fit how I felt about it. Sure they went down the Action-Comedy path, but that doesn't mean it ruins anything. they had makeup for the lack camp from more advanced effects somehow, at least for those us who want some aspect of the camp. All in all, I like where they went with it. But then again, I have no preconceived notions of Will Ferrel. The only film I've seen him in, led him to getting this part, as he played Marshall Willenholley on Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I caught the refference the moment the character said his name.
My bad on that, BrotherDog. Sometimes the obvious is the hardest to notice.

Malruhn
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
I went through puberty just before Holly did - and I had a MIGHTY crush on her (especially when Roni visited, the adult version of Holly!! No bra, clingy dress and all!!).

I want to see it, but I don't want my childhood crushed.