PDA

View Full Version : Seperate pbp from online

Suzaku
06-06-2009, 07:56 PM
In my opinion pbp/pbe should be separate online gaming, err I mean virtual table top. They're such vastly different beast that it would be helpful to prone those pesky pbp games from my online game search results.

Anodyzed
06-06-2009, 08:38 PM
In my opinion pbp/pbe should be separate online gaming, err I mean virtual table top. They're such vastly different beast that it would be helpful to prone those pesky pbp games from my online game search results.

I agree that some way needs to be incorporated that would allow the searcher to exclude PBP, Tabletop, Maptools (realtime), etc from the results.

Myself, I want ONLY PBP, as finding Tabletop in my small community is unlikey (beyond what I already know), and I don't find realtime online (Maptools, etc) to be convenient or my cup of tea.

And it is boring and time wasting to wade through dozens of 'ads' for games that are NOT PBP.

Dark
06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Very well put both f you and I agree.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I second it and agree. It just makes good sense.

nijineko
06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
i agree with separating out pbp and pbem in the search results. =D i'm 90% pbp/pbem and 10% realtime, so this would be very handy.

cplmac
06-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Perhaps when a users selects that they are looking for online games, there would then be a selection box to choose what types of online games (pbp, pbem, chat, openrpg, etc.). That of course is if there is a way for Farcaster to be able to incorporate this into the site.