PDA

View Full Version : Spycraft anyone?

Fersboo
06-06-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm thinking about picking up Spycraft, but wanted to see if anyone could share thier experience with it.

korhal23
06-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Lol well I post about it all over the board here, Spycraft is by far my favorite system, and I highly recommend that you pick it up. Is there something specific you're looking for, Fersboo?

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/12/12010.phtml
This will get you started.

Fersboo
06-07-2009, 08:24 AM
...... Is there something specific you're looking for, Fersboo?

I don't know really. I haven't done much roleplay since the early 90's, but in the early 00's I picked up some materials but still hadn't found a group or time to play. I didn't care much for the new D&D, WHFRP's 2nd edition wasn't out yet, but D20 Modern looked good. I still haven't found a group to RP with yet, though I am playing tabletop Battletech semi-regularly.

Any how, I want to start role playing again and want to get a system and start running it from my house and spycraft sounds interesting but wanted to get some input on it. I read the review at the link, thanks. I'm intriqued.

korhal23
06-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Yeah I definitely recommend Spycraft wholeheartedly. Like the review says, gearing up can be a pain the first two or three times, but other than that the game runs smooth usually. Even if you make up your own setting, you should buy the World on Fire book because it has several more classes in it. Anything beyond that is fairly optional, but it almost all runs below 5$. The Agent X series of books each detail new classes, and the Bag Full of Guns series and the Shooter's Guide series are more gear. If you want to make your NPCs more formidable, I also recommend the Practice Makes Perfect book.... basically a collection of advanced maneuvers and powers you can give NPCs to make them more powerful (though it ups the XP to be given out at the end of the scene.)

Fersboo
06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I went ahead and picked up Spycraft 2e. I like it alot so far.

templeorder
06-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I've never played it, but i see it mentioned in a few threads... I may have to check it out, people seem to really think well of it. Sounds like i only need a single rule source book to start...

korhal23
06-18-2009, 07:02 AM
Indeed, templeorder. The main book is 50$ hardcover, 25$ softcover, or 20$ PDF. That's all you need to make up your own stuff.

Baldwin Stonewood
07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
I picked up the pdf the other day. So far, it looks good.

Elguapo72
07-04-2009, 07:53 AM
If only you were in the Dallas area
It's a fun game