PDA

View Full Version : Its a Longshot, but here we go...

Baron_Samedi
06-06-2009, 06:50 AM
I'm looking for the following...try to keep the laughter to a minimum, if you please...

I am looking for potential players who can drive into the Lewisville area at least once a month that would like to play a game system NOT D&D and NOT d20...

Primarily looking for White Wolf...but i'll take what i can...

If anyone is interested please let me know...

I'm even more interested in joining a group of the description above...

Send a PM...if not...at least it was a funny joke, right?

GoddessGood
06-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Lewisville ... is that near Carollton? I know some fellas who live out that way. I'll ask them at the game today.

Baron_Samedi
06-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Yes, it is, and i would appreciate it. I realized last night at work that i'm sorta blown out on the d20 stuff...i played white wolf for years, and always got a kick out of it...

Genesplicer
06-08-2009, 04:34 PM
...if not...at least it was a funny joke, right?Wrong. No joke dude. Getting groups together, no matter how ecentric or far out the system (and white Wolf is not far out at all) is what this site is all about. Some of us are eclectic enough to try just about anything once, we just can't all get out to Lewisville (but some of us can). You've already got a plug from Goddess. One tip though, use a more descriptive title for your thread, so as to atract gamers looking for your type of game. :smile:

Baron_Samedi
06-08-2009, 04:37 PM
One tip though, use a more descriptive title for your thread, so as to atract gamers looking for your tipe of game. :smile:

True splicer, but I'M not exactly sure of what i'm looking for. WoD is preferred, but with the new forum on indie games popping up, i might be leaning toward that route...been researching esoteric games...Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu Dark Ages...Ars Magica...Judge Dredd...etc...

Genesplicer
06-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Cool. Makes me wish I could get out to Lewisville! :ohwell:

Rochin
06-08-2009, 09:22 PM
That is my big issue, I am ready and willing to play any sort of game. The drive on the other hand is the big purple monster keeping me at bay. Doh

Baron_Samedi
06-09-2009, 06:32 AM
If i were able to have a concrete group sit down and schedule a specific day...like the fourth sunday of the month...and stick to it...i'd be willing to drive to central location...i'm used to developing game groups, i put together over twenty here in the metroplex but can't find a steadfast one myself...

grr....:mad:

Tamburlain
06-09-2009, 07:30 AM
I would be willing to run Changeling the Lost in August, driving to a central (or roughly central) location. Or, if you're just tired of d20 and/or D&D, there would be other options. Burning Wheel, Savage Worlds, Spirit of the Century, Witch Hunter, Dogs in the Vineyard, and possibly Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies (last of which I don't own yet)... I hadn't decided yet, and I wasn't going to post a campaign invitation until that time. But, of course, there is no harm in planning early if people are interested, and since it will probably be a meet-out group, any and all will be welcome.

The games I have listed on my profile page (with an asterisk) are the only ones I feel comfortable GM-ing, because I own them and am familiar with their systems. But if no one likes any of these and as long as another person would act as GM, I'd also be happy to be player in another game.

Then later in the Fall, I was going to expand to offer 2 nights/month alternating between an rpg and boardgames.

Baron_Samedi
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Changeling the Lost, would be my first choice, but honestly anything sounds fine...hopefully we can pick up a third or forth participant...then there's the whole location thing...

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Hmm, I sent the link for this thread to a friend, but he hasn't posted here yet. Has Artemin contacted you, or do I need to poke him? ;)

Baron_Samedi
06-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Indeed, indeed, he has, but i haven't gotten a response from him...perhaps something i said? certainly not!

I'm not sure about it. He sent me something after the weekend i posted, and i sent a response...but nothing yet...curious...

GoddessGood
06-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Hmm, Iunno. He didn't make it to our game last weekend either. Maybe he's under the weather.

Baron_Samedi
06-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I appreciate the concern...but its not absolutely vital...hope everythings alright with him...i'm actually working with Tamburlain on getting a monthly meeting for Changeling if anyones interested...

Drazkathan
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
You guys got room for 3 more guys? We usually play in Plano/Richardson. But would be willing to drive.

Arkhemedes
06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Just to let you guys know. The Baron has apparently taken an unexpected hiatus in RPGs for an indeterminate amount of time. So it's doubtful you'll have any luck here. But keep looking in other places on these boards. There's lots of players and groups in the area and there's bound to be something out there for you.