PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars The Old Republic

Zoraknasha
06-05-2009, 03:24 PM
This game will be set in the Old Republic era, about 275 years after the death of Darth Malak, and the disappearance of Revan. I will be using the D20 Star Wars Saga Edition rule. I'm looking for a mature group who favors story and intrigue over constant battle. That's not to say that there will any combat in this game. I want combat to feel epic and cinematic. Anyone interested in joining up in the campaign please contact me.

amack1976
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
It's been a couple years and I've been looking forward to getting back into gaming, especially the new star wars saga edition. I've had experience with 2nd and 3rd edition D&D as well as d20 Star Wars. I prefer games that are story heavy and epic in scale. Prefer Old Republic or Rebellion era but I'm willing to be flexible. I have a busy job and I unfortunately work some weekends so I hope that won't be too much of an issue. Please drop me a note if you're interested, look forward to hearing from you.

Mack

Zoraknasha
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
It's been a couple years and I've been looking forward to getting back into gaming, especially the new star wars saga edition. I've had experience with 2nd and 3rd edition D&D as well as d20 Star Wars. I prefer games that are story heavy and epic in scale. Prefer Old Republic or Rebellion era but I'm willing to be flexible. I have a busy job and I unfortunately work some weekends so I hope that won't be too much of an issue. Please drop me a note if you're interested, look forward to hearing from you.

Mack
Bi-weekly or twice a month would be fine with me. I am also flexible. What part of Philly are your at?

amack1976
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Recently moved. I live in old city around 2nd and race.

Zoraknasha
06-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I am planning on starting the game in July; perhaps after the forth. What day out of the weekend would work for you better?
--- Merged from Double Post ---
also how would you like to meet up on friday for happy hour? It'll be around your area.

Mr Tusks
06-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Hi, I've never played in a Star Wars campaign before, but I'd like to try it out. The Old Republic was fun to run around in playing the Knights of the Old Republic games, so I already know I like the setting. My gaming resume is as follows.

Skills:
I roll dice very well.
I read quickly and quietly.
I like doing accents (this can be stopped if/when it gets annoying)
I am an expert at ordering pizza.

Experience:
AD&D, just read the player's manual.
D&D 3.5/4e, Shadowrun, Riddle of Steel, D20 Modern

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Zoraknasha
06-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey thank you for posting on the threads. What day would work for you to roleplay? I'm looking to run it on Sunday afternoons.

amack1976
06-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Unfortunately tonight's not going to work for me to meet for happy hour. Perhaps a night next week. Thanks again.

Mack

Mr Tusks
06-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Sunday afternoon works great for me.

Zoraknasha
06-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Lets talk about the characters you guys want to play. We only need one more player to call this a group, which shouldn't be hard to find. I want to get an idea of what you guys feel like playing.

amack1976
06-18-2009, 08:37 PM
My past characters have been nobles and jedi consulars. I'm definitely interested in a change of pace. I've been thinking scout/pilot recently. How the character will take shape will have something to do with our basic story outline. If our story is Republic based (meaning the characters are affiliated with the Republic in some way) then my character could be a military scout/hyperspace explorer. Could be a shuttle pilot/vehicle driver for a commando strike team. Could be a starfighter ace. If the story takes place with primarily unaligned characters, my character could be a swoop racer and gang member. Or perhaps a speeder-courier unwittingly working for a crime boss. I like the idea of a guy from humble beginnings, perhaps a victim of fate or circumstance, trying to better his situation.

These are some of my initial thoughs, what were you guys thinking?

Mack

Mr Tusks
06-18-2009, 10:10 PM
I agree that the story arc begets characters. There's nothing worse than making a charismatic diplomat who land in the middle of a civil war. (Actually, that could work)

Character concepts that sound interesting to me:
The son of a crime lord forced into hiding/exile
Bodyguard droid
Reluctant jedi afraid of his own powers
Spy posing as a diplomat

Zoraknasha
06-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Both of your ideas work. The only restriction I have currently is on sith characters. Otherwise any character concept will work.

rmckee78
06-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Hi,
Are you still looking for players for this group? I am a law student at Rutgers Camden and I live right on the Jersey side of the Ben Franklin Bridge. I have gamed for about 20 years. I am 31 and married, so hopefully that fits your mature request. I usually GM and rarely get a chance to be a player, so this would be a nice change of pace. I will be out of town for a few weeks around the 4th and I noticed that July is when you were hoping to start.

Zoraknasha
06-27-2009, 11:18 AM
If we could all meet, say sometime next week just for introductions that would help speed things along. I am modifying a few things though. Instead of having 6 players, I will stick with the traditional 4. I may change the setting date to the time of the Mandalorian wars instead of the time after the jedi civil war and the dark wars. Guys, let me know if you are able to meet next week.

RobShanti
06-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Okay, I'm about to cry right now. This game sounds right up my ally, and this group of players sounds great. If only I had the time to fit this campaign into my schedule, but between work and family (three small children), it's just not in the cards right now.

But I would like to keep in touch with you all. I'm an avid Saga Edition fan and GM, and haven't been a player in a Saga ed. game yet. Maybe sometime I could cameo?

My name is Rob and my email is RobPetrone at AOL dot com.

If you don't mind, I will definitely be following this thread, even if I can't commit to a regular gaming schedule at this time.

Mr Tusks
06-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm fine with meeting up sometime after 7 pm this Mon or Wednesday. My brother is coming into town on Thursday-Tuesday, so I'm totally booked during that.

Zoraknasha
06-29-2009, 06:48 AM
Wednesday sounds good to me. Anyone else up for meeting?
--- Merged from Double Post ---

Okay, I'm about to cry right now. This game sounds right up my ally, and this group of players sounds great. If only I had the time to fit this campaign into my schedule, but between work and family (three small children), it's just not in the cards right now.

But I would like to keep in touch with you all. I'm an avid Saga Edition fan and GM, and haven't been a player in a Saga ed. game yet. Maybe sometime I could cameo?

My name is Rob and my email is RobPetrone at AOL dot com.

If you don't mind, I will definitely be following this thread, even if I can't commit to a regular gaming schedule at this time.
Hey, that'll be fine. Let me know when you are available. I would like to meet you as well.

amack1976
06-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Wednesday night will work for me late. Probably won't be home from work until around 8, 8:30. Looking forward to meeting everyone and discussing character and story ideas.

Mack

Zoraknasha
06-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Sounds good.There's a place called Buffalo Billiards between front and second streets on Chestnut that has good happy hour specials from 6pm to about 8pm Mondays- Fridays. Would you guys mind meeting there?

Zoraknasha
07-01-2009, 06:59 AM
Ok, I will be down at Buffalo Billiards tonight at about 6pm. those of you who will join me, I'll see you there. any questions contact me at Archaon97@gmail.com.