PDA

View Full Version : List and describe your retired hero's, here...

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 08:40 PM
List and describe your retired hero, here...

We've all played numerous rpgs in our lives, so all rpgs are welcome. Please list your retired heros here for the rest of us. Stats and details included, would be awesome.

These hero's would be the characters that ceased adventuring after reaching high levels, and/or were killed in such an epic way that even the Gods took notice on their magical chessboard in the sky.

What share you?

Dytrrnikl
06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
2E character - Dytrrnikl L'trrkaneleo, CG Male Human Fighter 14
Str 18/70, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 6, Chr 18
AC: -7 (+5 Full Plate Armor, +3 Shield) HP: 91
Weapons at Retirement: Vorpal Long Sword (Specialized), +3 Composite Long Bow (Specialized)
Armor: +5 Full Plate Armor, +3 Shield
Why retired: campaign ended with player's attaining demi-godhood through divine ascension 1995

2E character - Dytrrnikl (yes i recycled the name, i liked it, still do) of Wat Town, TN Male Human Druid level 14
Str 17, Dex 9, Con 10, Int 13, Wis 16, Chr 17
AC: 1 (+5 Black Dragon Hide Armor) HP: 72
Weapons at Retirement: Scimitar, +3 Moonbow*
Moonbow - Bow itself was fashioned from Mistletoe gathered during the Full Moon of the Summer Equinox. The bow was strung with Moonbeams captured during the each of the Full Moons over the course of the next year. It was like the Ranger's bow from the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon, draw back on the string, bolt of energy appears that functioned like a 5d4+5 magical missile in one shot if it hit - still had to roll an attack, range increase by 10 yards with each level.
Normally in 2E, Druids weren't allowed to use bows. However, the DM had his own long standing homebrew world in which the main Druid deity - Luna of the Hunt had the bow as her favored weapon and one that she allowed and required all her druids to wield.
Reason retired: Campaign just ended without much fanfair 1999

Katzuherai Ito-Jari, Level 9 LN Male Human Samurai (1E Oriental Adventures Samurai used in a 2E Forgotten Realms campaign)
Str 13, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 15, Chr 12
AC: 1 (Full Plate Armor)
HP: 72
Weapons: Katana (Specialized), Wakisashi (Specialized)
Also had Iajutsu (Quick-Draw), Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting Proficiencies
This guy had no magic items at all.
Reason retired: DM fizzled, campaign started reaching levels he was not comfortable running, so campaign ended.

Duncan McWolf, CG Male Human Fighter Level 10
Str 18/00 (Everyone shit when they saw this happen, I jsut about fell over), Dex 17, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 15, Chr 17
Believe it or not, those stats were rolled using 3d6 once for each, assign as rolled.
AC: -2 (Full Plate Armor, -3 for Dexterity)
HP: 96
Weapons: Scimitar (Specialized), Two-Handed Sword
also had Iajutsu, Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting
Dm ran a low magic campaign. The DM was also a History major. I didn't realize it at the time, but he set the campaign up to be a Tribute to William Wallace ala Braveheart, before that movie ever hit the screens. I didn't know it, but I my character was very William Wallaceish. I credit this campaign as a major contributor for my almost irrational enjoyment of Braveheart, as I saw it in the theater 12 times!!! Ultimately the campaign followed the journey of the group around a variety of lands elven, dwarven, egyptian like, french-like, with the home lands being very Scottish/Celt looking for allies to return the lands to the people of Gaele from the Culivanians. There were three really cool things that happened in this campaign before returning to overthrow the Culivanians - 1. Duncan got isolated from the rest of the party and managed to fight off a large quantity of Warg Riding Goblins by himself; 2. Duncan defeated a higher level Samurai character who then was terrified of him; 3. Duncan never loosing a fight, whether he was the one doing the fighting or if it was one his champions in latter part of the campaign. The campaign ended with Duncan, leading his people to freedom. At the final battle when asked why i was riding out to speak to the emissary of the oposing King, I answered with the line Gibson stole from me :} "I'm going to pick a fight!" The battle ended with Duncan dying after taking too much damage from the battle and the Culivanian King dying from wounds suffered elsewhere. Just before Duncan keeled, I looked at his childhood friend who had stuck with him from the very start and say, "Temerac, two Kings have fallen this day...Be the Kind our people need now, the King I could never be..." <long sigh>
This was by far and away the best campaign I ever played in!!! Hats off to the DM...Dave Vetrovec.

There are others, but these are the four that truly stick out.

Soft Serve
06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Relic the Wiz/Brd Warforged.

Loved playing him more then any other character I've ever had just because of the concept of singing robots in D&D. Made him when we first started 3.5 and he stuck through about 12 campaigns. A giant boulder on some spiral stairs ended him real quick and we burned his character sheet in honor.

(Which is why I can't provide stats...)

Parzival
06-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Sure. Like I'm going to list my computer passwords on a public site. ;)

templeorder
06-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Misha - Warrior of the Weeping Waste (Stormbringer). Scarred inside and out, been through hell - literally. Master of several weapons, over 30+ adventures. Compulsively honest.

Rivkin - (ADnD; custom class/dual class - Rogue 12th) Morally ambiguous ex-assassin. Married to a cloud giant's daughter.

I dont have a lot of "retired" characters - they either die or quit. I consider 'retired' as in retired from adventuring. I've had other characters give up adventuring, but not retire healthy and wealthy from their life.