PDA

View Full Version : Rogues favorite feat(s)

Baldwin Stonewood
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
When playing a rogue, what are your favorite feat(s) that you like like to have? I will begin: dodge, weapon focus (light weapon), two weapon fighting seem to be staples.

Moritz
06-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Pick Pocket

walk around the city and make a fortune.

SneakSneakStabStab
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
well combat expertise is a nice one cause then afterwords you can get imp. feint and sneak attack while straight fighting an opponent. also stealthy cause i like to be very sneaky.

Windstar
06-04-2009, 05:44 AM
Move silently, hde in shadows. For he walks in darkness and strikes without mercy.

Windtar
:cool::cool:

Skunkape
06-04-2009, 07:56 AM
When playing a rogue, what are your favorite feat(s) that you like like to have? I will begin: dodge, weapon focus (light weapon), two weapon fighting seem to be staples.

How about one that lets you know what not to pilfer?!:lol:

For me, my feats depend on the direction I'm going to take the rogue in question. If I'm going to be a second story type, I'm going to take different feats than if I'm going to be a duelist type.

wizarddog
06-04-2009, 08:21 AM
For Melee: Weapon Finess, combat reflexes, Vexing flanker

For Ranged: Wpn Focus(crossbow),Crossbow Sniper

Though I prefer the Scout over the Rogue on most occasions.

stonebreaker
06-04-2009, 11:39 AM
It's not the best, but all my rogues end up with improved initiative. Combat expertise and combat reflexes are nice too.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-04-2009, 08:35 PM

For me, my feats depend on the direction I'm going to take the rogue in question. If I'm going to be a second story type, I'm going to take different feats than if I'm going to be a duelist type.

Now, now, Skunkape my character wore that cursed item for two years proudly often providing you warning when undead that were nearby. :)

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 10:29 AM
i usually start with
improved init
quick draw
dodge

Skunkape
06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Now, now, Skunkape my character wore that cursed item for two years proudly often providing you warning when undead that were nearby. :)

LOL, actually, I wasn't thinking only about your rogue!:laugh:

Stabbity
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

everythings pilferable, Its more of who to take from and who not. IE take from the passed out drunk not the meditating drow.:D

as for feats I almost alway take weapon fineness. I also like deft hands, decetful, persuasive, stealthy and the fast sneak thing in pathfinder.

Oh and the hide behind meatshield that grapples thats the best one.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
everythings pilferable, Its more of who to take from and who not. IE take from the passed out drunk not the meditating drow.:D

as for feats I almost alway take weapon fineness. I also like deft hands, decetful, persuasive, stealthy and the fast sneak thing in pathfinder.

Oh and the hide behind meatshield that grapples thats the best one.

Your character's hide behind meatshield is more of stealth check or special talent then a feat. :laugh:

gajenx
06-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I always like the feats that modified what my sneak attack could do like Hamstring and things.

gregm
06-08-2009, 06:43 PM
My level 14 Rogue has done very well with the following.

Stealthy
Improved Init
Nimble Fingers
Quick Reconnoiter
Favored
Investigator
Alertness
Inside Connection
Acrobatic
Acrobatic Strike

I know some of what seem to be the "standard" Rogue choices aren't on the list but this combination has worked really well in our campaign (two years in and still going strong).

HTH,
Greg

Stabbity
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Your character's hide behind meatshield is more of stealth check or special talent then a feat. :laugh:

oh i thought it was a class feat:confused::lol:

Kinie
06-10-2009, 02:03 AM
I find that feats, when combined with Skill Tricks from the Complete Scoundrel book, work amazingly well for a rogue (and for good reason). Being able to sneak attack one or twice while being visible is pretty good (surprise round, Flick of the Wrist). But with Skill Tricks and Imp. Feint, I could in theory sneak attack every round even if a million people see me.

My rogue ended up having these feats (because he dipped a level of Spellthief then went Avenger PrC):

Quick Draw
Combat Expertise
Imp. Feint
Flick of the Wrist
Master Spellthief
Arcane Strike

I didn't take Craven due to encountering a LOT of fear-related affects in the campaign the rogue was in, and I was under-wealthed greatly so I couldn't afford a Will save booster. And yes, I did try to steal my way back into proper wealth levels for my rogue. DM was an ass in that game to my character sometimes...

haasenritter123
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Improved initiative, weapon proficiency rapier, and I forget the name of the one that increases the die code of sneak attack to d8s but that one is fun. Mmmm, I also like to improve skill level, the +3 comes in handy. And for dwarves, dwarf trap smith is awesome. Dirty fighting too.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I find that feats, when combined with Skill Tricks from the Complete Scoundrel book, work amazingly well for a rogue (and for good reason). Being able to sneak attack one or twice while being visible is pretty good (surprise round, Flick of the Wrist). But with Skill Tricks and Imp. Feint, I could in theory sneak attack every round even if a million people see me.

My rogue ended up having these feats (because he dipped a level of Spellthief then went Avenger PrC):

Quick Draw
Combat Expertise
Imp. Feint
Flick of the Wrist
Master Spellthief
Arcane Strike

I didn't take Craven due to encountering a LOT of fear-related affects in the campaign the rogue was in, and I was under-wealthed greatly so I couldn't afford a Will save booster. And yes, I did try to steal my way back into proper wealth levels for my rogue. DM was an ass in that game to my character sometimes...

The skill tricks are fun. Mini-feats that often let you catch an opponent flat footed for sneak attack damage. I have a rogue/battle tirckster/shadow thief that has quite a few.