PDA

View Full Version : If you had the power, who would you like to sit at your gaming table?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-02-2009, 11:01 PM
If you had the power, who would you like to sit at your gaming table?

It can be anyone past or present.

Mine would be:

1) Robert E. Howard
2) H.P Lovecraft
3) Jules Verne
4) Edgar Rice Burroughs
5) Dave Arneson
6) Gary Gygaz

What list you?

RoryN
06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Interesting topic. I guess mine would be:

1-Gary Gygax (how can you leave out "The Man"?)
2-Stephen King (yes, that Stephen King)
3 & 4-Laura & Tracy Hickman (have to have the creators of the Dragonlance world and the kender playing)
5-Dave Arneson (Gygax's partner in crime)
6-My wife Sharon (even though she has only about an hour's worth of experience playing, I think she would have a lot of fun with this group)

Farcaster
06-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Mine would be:

1) Robert E. Howard

Thanks for putting me at the top, even though you got my middle initial wrong. It's Robert A. Howard. ;)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks for putting me at the top, even though you got my middle initial wrong. It's Robert A. Howard. ;)
I hope we do play in a game one day, Farcaster. That would be cool.

BrotherDog
06-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Hmmm...

This be a hard one, as there are so many.

1. HPL
2. Clark Ashton Smith
3. the Wayans Brothers. Yes, they actually play the game.
4. More gametime with Keith Baker. He's a fun DM.
5. Gary and Dave
6. a DM we used to play with named Shalome, I never knew his last name. He was always a first name kinda guy.
7. another gamer I used to game with named Cliff McDade.
8. Sheena Easton. Ps:T Anna

Windstar
06-03-2009, 05:06 AM
#1. DM - Tracy Hickman
#2. Farcaster
#3. Thoth-Amon
#4. GodessGood
#5. Yukonhorror
#6. Lady Trucker
#7. Plattvillegamer
#8. Myself

Mine tho simple, I think would be an outstanding party.

Windstar
:cool::cool:

Moritz
06-03-2009, 07:32 AM
1)Megan Fox
2)Megan Gale
3)Marissa Miller
4)Stephanie Seymour
5)Alicia Witt

- Not really to play D&D, but to talk about how cool my paladin is and how massive of a sword he has.

Dytrrnikl
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
1. Gary Gygax - Umm...Duh.
2. Dave Arenson - see above
3. Jim Butcher - Anyone who can come up with a way to make the real world into a Fantasy setting in such a clever way as Mr. Butcher has, is definately someone that needs to be at the table
4. Terry Goodkind - Have to give it up to the only author that has ever written anything that caught my imagination as much as, if not more than, Tolkien
5. Michael Stackpole - The dude made a bit character in Star Wars be cool.
6. Marlon Wayans - The only redeeming thing in the Dungeons and Dragons movie
7. Vin Diesel - His movies are crap, however I think he might actually be a fairly clever player

tesral
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Denise
Art Baker
Rodney Forminski

No, not a name there you know. However I've buried three players, one was my wife. Those other people I don't even know.

jade von delioch
06-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Bruce Campbell and the Raimi brothers.

Malruhn
06-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Gygax was an egotistical butt head who would give Dr. House a run for his money.

1. Dave Arneson - I never heard anything bad about him.
2. Hutch - and old DM from WAY back.
3-10. My entire gaming group from Jax - Chris, Will, Margaret, James, Steven, Rachael and my darling daughter!!
11. Vin Diesel - just cuz he's a gamer and to have bragging rights that I gamed with him!
12. Rob, an old buddy who played one of my favorite characters, Groqx Entrog.
13. David & DL - my best friend and my best friend - and they're MARRIED to each other!!
14. Mike Gibbon - another old friend - who helped introduce me to this wonderful game!!

Farcaster
06-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I hope we do play in a game one day, Farcaster. That would be cool.

#2. Farcaster

I'm flattered that I make anyone's list.

Come out to GenCon and we can definitely get some gaming on! :D

mrken
06-03-2009, 10:21 PM
My list has no names because I don't want to play with people just because of their name. I would rather play with the same five to seven people every week for a very long time. To make the grade they would be as good a role player as my buddy Rick. And they would show up every Saturday afternoon excited to play whatever was up next like my friend Karen. They would have to like role playing as much for the player growth, interaction and story line development as for the thrill of the combat. Am still looking, but they would also need to be in the Denver area, more so on the east side unless they like to drive.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Here's my list of friends I've played with in the last 30 years. Friends I'd love to have around my table once again.

1) Bobby Boot
2) Brandon Boot
3) Blaine Emm
4) John Cook
5) Billy Bowman
6) Jason Gutnecht (he was truly and evil player--we had to continually watch our backs with this guy, but an awesome player, just the same)

In fact, I'd love to campaign with these guys for the rest of my life. Ah, the memories.

PhishStyx
06-03-2009, 10:37 PM
CJ Carella, Erick Wujick, Walter Jon Williams, Roger Zelazny, Jason Vey, and my friends: John, Kris, Dan, and Rich.

Baldwin Stonewood
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM
My list is simple:
My wife.
My daughter.

Neither plays.

jade von delioch
06-04-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm worried for those people who want corpses at their gaming table. Think about the smell, let alone the maggots.

MortonStromgal
06-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Various people Ive had in my gaming group at certain times.

The only ones slightly famous of that group would be Dan Simpson, of Mutants and Masterminds Simpson Character Generator fame and Mathew Hope creator of AE-WW2 miniatures game and wrote a dragon article or two.

Tamburlain
06-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Dolly Parton
Kermit the Frog
The Dalai Lama
Ivar Ekeland
and Zoe Deschanel

PhishStyx
06-05-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm worried for those people who want corpses at their gaming table. Think about the smell, let alone the maggots.

Well, if I have the necromantic ability to make dead folk play RPG's, then surely I can figure out a means of avoiding their bad smells. For that matter, they could be ghosts -> no corpses = no smell.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Being a lich, it doesn't bother me one bit. It's just a rose garden to me.

tesral
06-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Being a lich, it doesn't bother me one bit. It's just a rose garden to me.

Most people are bugged by plants growing out of their rib cage.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-05-2009, 01:25 AM
I'd love to see a walking zombie on our smiley list. I call foul!

tesral
06-05-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm waiting for smiles with beaks. I have tried my hand at making them.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-05-2009, 02:09 AM
FC, what say you? Is it in the realm of possibility?