PDA

View Full Version : Old Republic

korhal23
06-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Ok so this isn't about the Star Wars P&P games, but it is *a* Star Wars RPG... I mean, who didn't love KotOR, right?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/49936

*nerdscream*

I'm waiting on gameplay footage to really get all hot and bothered... but my god do I love BioWare.

Other BioWare news: BioWare's other RPG, is being released alongside a P&P game about that universe. Thoughts?

Dytrrnikl
06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Damn!!! The cinematics were fricking awesome. I've always loved Biowares approach to CRPGs...this game is supposed to play like Kotor...and that game was great.

Rochin
06-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I agree, I dislike MMO,s very much normally. This one has a different look and feel to it. It is set in a time that makes sense for so many jedi and sith being around, you do not have to be a jedi, and from the dev interviews it looks very non MMO like. I have high hopes for this game, Bioware is great and I do not see them trying to make a WOW clone in a Star Wars game.

Moritz
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Having control of a light saber with a Wii controller/wand would rock.

Tamerath
06-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I posted this on my blog as well...it really is a beautiful thing to watch no matter if you are going to play the game when it is released or not...it really is top notch cinematics. I think they said that's the first...which means they are making more hopefully. I have been thinking a little bit on it lately...and if they do an update every week before launch it's at least going to be 6 months (24 preview slots that they've have empty slots for...4 weeks a month)...So while it's unlikely it'll be released this year hopefully next year around this time it'll be out...and I'll be looking forward to it :)

korhal23
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah I doubt the game will be out this year. But a beta invite would be an awesome Christmas gift ;)

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
If my computer is unable to handle this game... I'll buy a new computer!

I have been waiting for this game since last summer when it was announced! It looks AMAZING!
--- Merged from Double Post ---
The thing I do not like though, it all seems to just be re-hashing of stuff we have already seen.

The Sith Empire being referred to as The Empire

Sith troopers looking like Storm Troopers

The Sith Shuttle craft looks a heck of a lot like the Cone Wars shuttle (from the cartoon)

Some Sith officers look like Rebellion era Imperial Officers

Just some things like that.

Honestly I am quite disappointed in the Knights of the Old Republic video games and probably this too. Yeah they are fun great games and I still play them, but they brought nothing new to the Star Wars mythos. If anything they just rehashed pretty much everything.

That is what was so great about the Tales of the Jedi books. It made that era LOOK ancient. It made the past of the Star Wars universe something new that we had never seen before.

Sorry to rant there, I'm sure I will love the game but, it won't ever be a favorite of mine.

Slipstream
06-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Sith troopers looking like Storm Troopers

The Sith Shuttle craft looks a heck of a lot like the Clone Wars shuttle (from the cartoon)

Of course they do. It seems that all the major SW sagas (Old Republic, Anakin's ascension/dissension, Dark Times, Rebellion (classic trilogy), Galactic Alliance/Jedi Academy, and Legacy) have similarities and repeated history. The cycle of wars rage on to try and keep the Force balanced.

Concerning the Republic dropship you are referring to above, it was quite prominient in Attack of the Clones. This was the type of ship Padme and a clone fell out of that caused (another) outburst from Anakin.

Citadel
06-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Just for your info this is what there using. It looks promissing
http://www.heroengine.com/

Slipstream
09-06-2009, 03:10 AM
FYI, brand new news straight from PAX today...

Coruscant is a planet in which you will get to play on. We saw some footage, and it looks pretty. Not a huge announcement as they were making it out to to be (I hate cheesy marketing ploys/demo speeches).

Eryiedes
11-14-2009, 05:20 AM
The game doesn't look like the intro cinematic....tho it is real pretty.
Its actually not much different in-game to its predecessor KotOR II: Sith Lords
Too bad....(sniffle)
My hopes now lie with Star Wars:Battlefront III

Peace & Light