PDA

View Full Version : Mirror, Mirror

Baron_Samedi
06-02-2009, 06:12 AM
In a twisted, alternate dimension, exactly opposite from our own is a world with no Roleplaying Games, no Tabletops, no LARP...the only board game in existance is a generic version of Parcheesi...

So the question is...what would you be doing in a world without games...an evil world without games? And what would you be doing since there would be no P&P.com?

PhishStyx
06-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Inventing them.

Deadone
06-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Boarding a space ship to leave this dark vile world.

GoddessGood
06-02-2009, 08:07 AM
I dunno. Do we know that we don't have games or are we just ignorant they they can exist? If the former, then I'd be doing the same as Phish. If the latter, then I'd likely be writing creatively and reading a lot more books. Probably spending more time at things like SCA.

PlattevilleGamer
06-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I would probably be doing more mathematics research or other things in the field. Gaming is a past time for me, it isn't my life.

Tamburlain
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
So the question is...what would you be doing in a world without games...an evil world without games? And what would you be doing since there would be no P&P.com?

Good question. My sense, though, is that if there is still human interaction any sort, then games will be inevitable.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Stick to my meditations.

Baron_Samedi
06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Hang on a second...the point of the exercise is to establish what you would do without games...this particular world is so evil, that games of our variety CANNOT exist...

bummer i know...but it is dark and vile...

BrotherDog
06-03-2009, 03:37 AM
This concept would give me so much gas. So I'd probably spend allot of time summoning evil air elementals, as I'd be the chosen of Yan C Bin. Or! I'd put all my efforts into hastening Great Cthulhu's re-awakening.

William Murderface
06-06-2009, 09:31 PM
i would have killed my self easily

Panthro82
07-09-2009, 03:16 PM
No games at all? Including no video games? If so then sadly and unfortunately I would probably be playing in the NBA. I used to be able to dunk and played over 3 hours a day everyday. If no games and girlfriends were involved it would have been somewhere closer to 5 hours a day.

templeorder
07-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I would probably be plundering someone for real.

Panthro82
07-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I know one thing. This world would be lacking a lot of imagination.

XeroDrift
09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
I dunno, probably be living in a cave wondering when I would be eaten by a more capable predator, along with the rest of the human race I would assume. No games means no creativity, no creativity means no progress in any field, no progress at all means that things like language, agriculture, animal husbandry, trade, civilization, music, art, science... hell, even the control of fire would never have happened. Therefore we can safely assume that the fact that gaming exists, as a logical product if human culture, affirms our existence and place in the universe. "I think I am, therefore I am, I think..." In summation, no gaming means no mankind, which would suck.