PDA

View Full Version : Looking for D&D 4e pbp game

Manimal6
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I am trying to get a feel for 4 edition before I jump in with both feet I want to try it out on here. I am having trouble finding a game. Anyone who is looking for a experienced and intelligent player let me know!

maetugi
06-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking of starting one, but I'm not sure how pbp would work with 4th edition. My main concern is combat where there is more inter-character actions, such as warlords giving a fighter an extra attack.

However, I wouldn't really be able to start it for a couple of weeks anyway. What type of characters do you prefer playing?

Manimal6
06-10-2009, 11:20 PM
I am thinking of starting as a fighter seeing how I am very new to 4e.

maetugi
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I don't think it's feasible to have a pbp 4E game. Pbp combat is slow going as it is and I think 4E will be unmanageable. You have characters regularly moving enemies, giving their allies extra attacks or even using interrupt powers that are really cool on tabletop, but may be confusing or timeconsuming on a message board.

Anodyzed
06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Since 4e is more set up for Miniatures, I think its workable on pbp, but the DM will have to use a map and coordinates for the shifting, sliding stuff to make sense. Once eveyrone knows where every other participant in the action is, I don't think there's a problem with 4e for pbp. Same then as any other rpg.

maetugi
06-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Since 4e is more set up for Miniatures, I think its workable on pbp, but the DM will have to use a map and coordinates for the shifting, sliding stuff to make sense. Once eveyrone knows where every other participant in the action is, I don't think there's a problem with 4e for pbp. Same then as any other rpg.

The map isn't what worries me. It's the powers that give other characters actions or slides or moves other characters, etc. With miniatures it's really easy to move something after every action, but changing a map once a round might not be enough on a phb board. I'm just worried that combat would become even more bogged down in 4E phb games than it already is in 3.5.

kurakin
07-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, I've been wanting to try 4e, but also PBP, and DM'ing, so why not combine it? I'm willing to give it a shot, maybe do a short-ish dungeon dive to see how it goes? We can evaluate at the end how it went and if it was good and not too bogged down can probably just continue the adventure.

maetugi
07-08-2009, 04:21 AM
sign me up.

kitsune1842
08-03-2009, 12:58 AM
Well, I've been wanting to try 4e, but also PBP, and DM'ing, so why not combine it? I'm willing to give it a shot, maybe do a short-ish dungeon dive to see how it goes? We can evaluate at the end how it went and if it was good and not too bogged down can probably just continue the adventure.

If your still thinking aobut doing it and have not started yet I would love to throw my hat in, especailly if I can play a Minataur Barbarian.

LordChicken
08-03-2009, 11:51 AM
As long as its pbp ill play anything the partys missing, but I have been wanting to play a Leader

Edge
08-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd be down for that. I'd love to play a Tiefling Warlock, or a Half-Elf Bard... something along those lines.

Gahr
08-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I'd be interested in playing as well. I have several characters on hand to fill healer or striker roles (cleric, shaman, barbarian and warlock, fwiw) if you want another slot or two filled. I've never done PbP, but am quite interested in trying it out. Let me know ^_^

lobothebluffer
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
hey i would love to try it out too.I know how play the rogue preety and played the paladin a couple of times so I am okay with it.

sonicx99
08-11-2009, 07:28 PM
i'd like to play nay kind of 4e DnD game, i like to play human warlord or human ranger, just PM me!! i'm having so much trouble finding a campaign...

DasachTra
08-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Is this game filled up? Has it started?

I'm a veteran gamer, but nvr did pbp before. I don't mind a slower game via pbp, from what I've read, so, if there is an opening, let me know...

russdm
08-25-2009, 06:26 PM
I think i would be somewhat interested in this. I have wanted to get into a 4e game.

kurakin
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Well, that's 9 people so far. I'm going to look over my books and the tools again and pick something out, then I think I'll start something. I might have to start with a mini-adventure to see how things work, and if that goes well roll into something bigger. I've been running a Pathfinder game for several weeks in my homebrew world. If you're interested you can take a look here: http://timmra.wickedspiral.com It sounds like there might be enough for 2 groups, but I'll have to see how this is going to work first.

DemonPenguin
02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I'll play. I'm very new to PbP and DnD but I know the basics
I would be a elf rogue or a Dragonborn Barb
what ever is needed

Tim Proctor
02-14-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey I'm hosting a 3.5 game, it's not 4e but it's still good. I'm looking for 2 players to join, I can possibly fit 3 (but that'd be stretching it).

It's a military campaign in a semi-standard fantasy world. Basically the group is part of an alliance military that just entered a massive war against Gnolls. They are part of a legendary company that has been assigned to be the bodyguards of two diplomats Cyrus and Darius.

The two diplomats are negotiating a lasting alliance with the north kingdoms (about 7 of them), and a few Corporations don't like the fact that they're going to loose some money so they're out to kill the two diplomats.

We're using the forum here for the Soft Roleplay, and we're using MapTool from RPTools.net for Combat. It's one of those games that you play in the morning for 5 minutes, and 5 minutes in the evening, then a couple hours once a week when there is combat.

Groqx
02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
I am currently running a 4e pbp game called The Darkenfel, Book II. You can lurk on the site at:
http://newworld.freepowerboards.com/index.php

I use an on-line dice roller and tactical-grid coordinate maps for combat.

More EXP is granted for good role-playing than combat in this game.

I am looking for players even though the game has been on-going for a while. Some players have dropped out over time. We need a Rogue and a Wizard. The starting level is 9 because that is the lowest level of the players at the moment. Email me at:
groqx@verizon.net if interested and register on that site.

GozerTC
04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Is this game up and running yet? I'd be interested in running anything the party needs. I'm experienced in D&D (Though only mildly in 4e, but I do have hte books) and PBP.

Groqx
04-18-2010, 07:51 AM
If you are referring to my Darkenfel game, it has been running for several months but currently has three players. The first major Adventure is coming to a close within the next month, though the excitement continues. Hopefully the group will continue on to the next adventure.