PDA

View Full Version : Dragonborn 3rd edition rules

SilentSword
06-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I would like to bring the race of Dragonborn into 3rd edition. As a DM how would you edit the traits? How would you modify the dragon breath racial power, and what special rules would you set?

yukonhorror
06-01-2009, 01:42 PM
I would refer to races of the dragon as they have a dragonborn race.

If that is not an option, +2 Str, -2 Dex. Breath weapon is 1/day and follows same rules as 1/2 dragon template in terms of dam and range.

cpljarhead
06-01-2009, 03:20 PM
i gotta agree with yukonhorror there. i believe there is also a template for a half dragon race althought cannot remember where i saw it( maybe one of the monster manuals)

Valdar
06-01-2009, 03:52 PM
The Half-Dragon template was in the 3rd edition DMG- early on I believe.

Windstar
06-01-2009, 05:29 PM
You can also look at the Draconian's of Dragonlance and use them as a template.

Windstar
:cool::cool:

BrotherDog
06-05-2009, 06:14 AM
I would refer to races of the dragon as they have a dragonborn race.

If that is not an option, +2 Str, -2 Dex. Breath weapon is 1/day and follows same rules as 1/2 dragon template in terms of dam and range.

They also have the option of having both Lowlight Vision and Dark Vision starting at 60', the third beings wings. They also return any of their original race's ability score adjustments.

If I remember correctly one chooses one of the 3:

Heart - Breath weapon
Mind - Vision Scent bonuses
Body - Wings

...my book is borrowed by a friend so I'm going from memmory. So some details are missing, especially the cost of materials for the the ceremony to become one, and what not.

There are also feats to increase the number of times one can use the Breath Weapon, increase flight distance and encumberance......