PDA

View Full Version : The Guild Roster

wizarddog
05-29-2009, 04:56 AM
You can post your PC stats including background.

1. In your background you need to explain how your PC became a member of the Guild. Some are simply born into the Guild others join because something happen to them. What's your story?

2. I also prefer backgrounds that have the players born and raised in the city so they have a connection to it.

Borodeva
06-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Ayukawa Madoka
Female Gray Elf Beguiler 2/Warlock 1
5'7", 128#
Apparent Age: 17
Eyes: Light Blue, Hair: Purple, Skin: Pale

Madoka is a college-trained sorceress with a wild streak. She's a child prodigy of immense talent with the arcane arts, but she's prone to distraction. After being kicked out of the Academy she turned to a life of crime, not because she's evil or greedy, but because it was risky and exciting. She's a maverick who resents authority figures and doesn't take her guild duties seriously. She's quite physically attractive but can be arrogant, bitc*h*y, and vengeful. Her powers are beyond reproach, however.

Madoka wears stylish form-fitting explorer's clothes. A guild dagger is concealed in her cloak. A slender composite bow is over her shoulder. On her back is a slim quiver and a small backpack with many pouches. She has an intelligent look and eyes that seem to peer into one's soul. She looks dangerous and ready for anything.

EDIT: I just noticed this forum shrinks the scans. If you right click one and select Open Link in New Tab, then you can view it at 100% scale by zooming. Much easier to read that way.

TheSmartestLemming
06-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Jack Casey
Human Duskblade Level 1
5'10" 180 lbs. Brown Hair Green Eyes

Jack Casey is a child of the Guild. Both of his parents are members in good standing, and are moderately successful at what they each do. His parents noticed early on that Jack was a child meant for something other than just another pickpocket or second story man for the organization. His parents, wanting the best for their child apprenticed him under numerous masters until they found the right one. Apparently what was right for Jack was training in both his mind and body. He spent countless hours training his mind, body, and blade into one elegant weapon. Jack enjoyed his training, and found that unlike some of his fellow students, his enjoyment was not derived from bloodlust, but from the fact that his training opened his mind to both the arcane and material worlds, and taught him how to harness both.

During his training he also learned that the finer things in life were as important as rigorous study and training. After spending the daylight hours training, he can often be found with his comrads at a local watering hole, enjoying fine wine, fine food, and occasionally the company of a fine woman.

Character Stats:

Jack Casey
Human Duskblade level 1
Str:10 Dex: 15 Con:10 Int:16 Wis:8 Cha:10
Hit Points: 8
AC: 16 Flat Footed: 14 Touch: 12
Initiative: +2
Fortituude:2 Reflex: 2 Will: 1
Speed: 30'
Bab: 1 Grapple: 1
Attack Dagger Melee: +3 to hit d4 damage
Attack Dagger Ranged: +3 to hit d4 damage

Feats:
Weapon Focus: Dagger
Weapon Finesse: Dagger

Skills with Ranks:
Concentration: 4 Ranks
Hide: 4 Ranks
Knowledge: Arcana: 2 Ranks
Knowledge Architecture and Engineering: 2 Ranks
Knowledge Local: 2 Ranks
Knowledge Nobility and Royalty: 2 Ranks
Sense Motive: 4 Ranks
Spell Craft: 4 Ranks

Equipment:
Chain Shirt (Worn)
Dagger x2 (Worn)
Backpack (Worn)
Bell (Backpack)
Candle x10 (Backpack)
Chalk (Belt Pouch)
Small Steel Mirror (Back Pack)
Signet Ring (Worn)
Tinder Twig x10 (Belt Pouch)
Smoke Stick (Backpack)
Thunderstone (Belt Pouch)
Sunrod x2 (Backpack)
Explorer's Outfit
Sealing Wax (Room)
Ink Pen (Room)
Paper, Sheet x5 (Room)
Ink Vial (1oz) (Room)
Flask filled with Brandy (Belt Pouch)
Bottle of Fine Brandy (Room)

Spells:
0 Level
Acid Splash
Disrupt Undead
Ray of Frost
Ray of Fatigue

1st level Spells
Bigby's Tripping Hand
Shocking Grasp

Gold: 295 Silver: 3 Copper 7

Anathema
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Göss Hath (http://www.dndonlinegames.com/view.php?id=78872)
Human Cloistered Cleric 1
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 130lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

It's not that Göss was not worthy of his favored status in school - merely, that when one has parents who are ranking members of the Thieves Guild, the prestige acquired during one's studies tends to find itself quickly and pleasantly exaggerated...even when that person happens to be a student of the church.

As such it happened that in the very same day, Göss Hath graduated with loud celebration into the Church of Aarth and entered with quiet satisfaction as the most recent novitiate into the guild of his forebears.

Now, swathed in colourless and utilitarian garb, the young prodigy sits in wait for his next impending task - simply another opportunity to increase the heft of his money pouch and exact unyielding control over the spirits of the dead.

CHARACTER SHEET (http://www.dndonlinegames.com/view.php?id=78872)

Cardboard Tube Knight
06-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Name: Cissinei Prescott
Race: Human
Class: Swashbuckler - 1
Movement: 30ft
Size: Medium
Height: 5'3''
Weight: 125 lbs
Skin: Pale White
Eyes: Green
Hair: dark brown
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality:

Appearance:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ihks9x.jpg

Backstory:

-Statistics-
STR: 12 [+1]
DEX: 17 [+3]
CON: 15 [+2]
INT: 12 [+1]
WIS: 8 [-1]
CHA: 16 [+3]

HP: 12
Touch/FF: 13;14
AC: 17 = 10+4 [chain shirt]+3[DEX]
Initiative: +3 = +3[dexterity]

- Saves -
Fort: +4 = 2 [base] +2 [constitution]
Ref: +3 = 0 [base] +3 [dexterity]
Will: -1 = 0 [base] -1 [wisdom]

Light load: 43
Medium load: 44-86
Heavy load: 87-130
Lift over head: 130
Lift off ground: 260
Push or drag: 650

- Battle -
Bab: 1
Melee Attack: +2 = 1[base] +1[STR]
Weapon Finesse: +4 = 1[base] +3[DEX]
Ranged Attack: +4 = 1[base] +3[DEX]
Grapple Check: 2 = 1[base] +1[STR]
Melee Damage: 1d8+1/1d6+1
Ranged Damage: 1d10 range 120 FT
Grapple Damage:

Chain shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.]

Special Attack/ Ability
Swashbuckler:
* Free weapon finesse feat
* +1 on reflex saves (already included)(level 2)
* Insightful strike (level 3)
* Dodge bonus +1 (level 5)
* Acrobatic Charge (level 7)
* Improved Flanking (level 8)
* Dodge bonus +2 (level 10)
* Lucky (level 11)
* +2 on reflex saves (already included)(level 11)
* Acrobatic Skill Mastery (level 13)
* Weakening Critical (level 14)
* Dodge bonus +3 (level 15)
* Slippery Mind (level 17)
* Dodge bonus +4 (level 20)
* +3 on reflex saves (already included)(level 20)

- Skills - (24)
Balance [4 Ranks; 3 DEX] +7
Bluff [4 Ranks; 3 CHA] +7
Diplomacy [4 Ranks; 3 CHA] +7
Escape Artist [4 Ranks; 3 DEX] +7
Sense Motive [4 Ranks; -1 WIS] +3
Speak Language [4 Ranks (2-cross class)]

- Feats -
Elvan Thinblade Exotic Weapon Proficiency Weapon
Two-Weapon Fighting
Weapon Finesse

-Languages-
Common
Dwarven
Elvan
Orc

- Spells -
None

-Equipment / Items / Gold-
Elvan Thinblade - 100
Rapier - 20
Chain shirt - 100

Other supplies:
Backpack - 2gp
Caltrops - 1gp
Case for map - 1gp
Crowbar - 1gp
Flint and Steel - 1gp
Noble's Outfit - 75gp
Expolorer's Outfit - 10gp
Flask - 3cp
Ink - 8gp
Inkpen -1sp
Hooded Lantern - 7gp
Oil(10) - 1gp
Book of Papers - 4gp
Silken rope - 10gp
Signet Rings(3) - 15gp
Soap - 5sp
Vial - 1gp
Belt Pouch -1gp

142 GP left

CaptainShar
06-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Gisele Oberander, Kalashtar Ardent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=133230)
Build: tall and slender
Skin: dark
Eyes: blue
Hair: black

Gisele is a street peddler. She lives in her mule-drawn cart, bundled in with her odds and ends. She sells crossbow bolts and arrows for a living, sometimes to the city guard for cheap, but mostly to the Thieves' Guild, with whom she has a quiet understanding. Few know that she actually is a member of the Guild, and fewer still know that it's because she's capable of producing more than just arrows.

Her fine but often dusty clothes and philosophic bearing show that this quiet life of contemplation on the streets is hers by choice, not fate. She spends much of her time simply staring and whittling away at arrow shafts, seeming to peer into the fabric of creation itself, or the very minds of the customers and other streetlife around her, not minding the occasional stares at her not-quite-human face. She looks much older than she is, unless you happen to see her walking somewhere, hood drawn over her face, late at night, and with purpose.

Good idea with the pics! This is Gisele normally (at least for now, before the adventure really gets going):

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs33/300W/f/2008/301/1/1/1179cb604213af932ace98be229f4a49.png

And this is how she is if you catch her actually caring about something, not hiding under that cloak:

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs12/300W/i/2006/298/c/3/Female_Wizard_by_Kuroi1nu.jpg

Deloren
06-20-2009, 01:45 PM
After several years of struggling to keep "Hooper's Watch and Gadget Repair" in the black, Tal Hooper realized that there unseen forces preventing a moderately-talented, hardworking human like himself from making an honest living as a small business owner in the Great City. Seeing that his goal of retiring to a life of luxury by 40 would never be met by repairing fat clergyman’s pocket watches, Hooper set about putting his nimble fingers to work in real business of the city, and wrangled his way into the guild.

Though somewhat short in temper and prone to anxiety in stressful situations, Hooper is finding he is increasingly enjoying putting his tactile talents to good use and building out his retirement fund in the process.

Hooper stands at average height and a sturdy build, with unremarkable features. Prone to stress, Hooper’s black hair is prematurely turning gray and he’s noticing a surprising amount of wrinkles on his face for his 32 years of life. Hooper has a reputation in the guild for being a bit cranky, uncomfortable with combat, and perhaps overly cautious, but respectful and courteous with his guildmates. Only a few fellow members have heard him practicing his lute or conversing about his fascination with art, wine, and the hope to one day travel far beyond the Great City.

Tal Hooper “Hooper”
Male Human Rogue 1
Chaotic Neutral

Strength 10 (+0)
Dexterity 16 (+3)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 160 lb
Skin: fair
Eyes: green
Hair: black, with graying temples

Total Hit Points: 8
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 16 = 10 +3 [studded] +3 [dexterity]
Touch AC: 13
Flat-footed: 13
Initiative modifier: +3
Fortitude save: +2
Reflex save: +5
Will save: +0

Attacks:
Attack rapier: +0
Attack (unarmed): +0
Attack (hand crossbow): +3
Grapple check: +0

Loads:
Light load: 34-66 lb.
Medium load: 67-100 lb.
Heavy load: 100 lb.
Lift over head: 200 lb.
Lift off ground: 500 lb.
Push or drag: 33 lb. or less

Languages: Common, Dwarven, Gnome

Weapons
Rapier [1d6, crit 18-20/x2, 2 lb., one-handed, piercing]
Hand Crossbow [1d4, 19-20/x2, range incr 30 ft., 2 lb., piercing]
MW Studded armor [light; +3 AC; max dex +5; check penalty 0; 20 lb.]

Feats: Nimble Fingers , Skill Focus (Open Lock)

Skills:
Appraise +4
Balance +3
Bluff Cha +4
Climb Str* 0
Concentration +2

Diplomacy +0
Disable Device +10
Disguise +0
Escape Artist +3
Forgery +2
Gather Information +0
Heal +0
Hide +7
Intimidate +0
Jump +0
Knowledge (architecture) +4
Listen Wis +4
Move Silently +7
Open Lock +14
Perform lute: +2
Ride +3
Search +4
Sense Motive +0
Spot +4
Survival +0
Swim Str +0
Use Magic Device +4
Use Rope +3

Other possessions:
MW thieves tools
Magnifying glass
Hooded lantern
Mirror
Sealing wax
Needle and thread

Borodeva
06-21-2009, 09:41 PM
at Deloren:

*high five* for a real rogue! now we're talkin'!

Deloren
06-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks! It looked like a niche that needed filling... but don't expect much in the way of combat.

approximate pic added (picture a bit more gray hair)

CaptainShar
06-22-2009, 03:14 AM
I got inspired to add some pics, too. Scroll up!

rob5879
06-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Few know that a large underground complex is hidden beneath a seemingly abandoned building in the poor section of town. This secret lair is the home of a mysterious organisation known as the Darkchilde Ninjutsu Academy.

Upon graduation from the Academy, Blake decided to follow his instructors' advice and join the thieves' guild. He hopes that while working for the guild, he can put his ninja skills to use protecting the innocent and keeping the peace whenever possible.

Blake Alexander
Male Human Ninja 2
5'10" 144 lbs. Age 19
Brown Eyes, Black Hair
Languages: Common, Halfling
Chaotic Good

Str: 10 (+0)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 12 (+1)
Int: 12 (+1)
Wis: 15 (+2)
Cha: 8 (-1)

HP: 12
AC: 15 (10 +3 Dex +2 Wis)
Touch AC: 15
Flat-Footed: 12
Init: +3
Speed: 30

Saves:
Fort: +1
Ref: +6
Will: +4 (+2 if ki pool is empty)

Attacks: BAB +1
MW Shortbow +5 (+6 w/i 30'), 1d6 (+1 w/i 30'), Crit x3, Range 60'
Kama +1, 1d6, Crit x2
Sai +1 (+5 Disarm), 1d4, Crit x2

Feats:
Tactile Trapsmith (Dex instead of Int for Search and Disable Device, no penalty on these checks for darkness or blindness)
Point Blank Shot (+1 attack & damage for ranged attacks within 30')

Skills:
Balance: +5 (+3 Dex, +2 synergy)
Climb: +1 (1 rank)
Disable Device: +10 (5 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 MW thieves' tools)
Hide: +8 (5 ranks, +3 Dex)
Jump: +3 (1 rank, +2 synergy)
Listen: +6 (4 ranks, +2 Wis)
Move Silently: +8 (5 ranks, +3 Dex)
Open Lock: +10 (5 ranks, +3 Dex, +2 MW thieves' tools)
Search: +8 (5 ranks, +3 Dex)
Spot: +6 (4 ranks, +2 Wis)
Survival: +4 when following tracks (+2 Wis, +2 synergy)
Tumble: +8 (5 ranks, +3 Dex)

Class Features:
AC Bonus: Add Wis to AC when unarmored and unencumbered
Ki Power 3/day: Ghost step (invisible)
+2 Will saves when Ki pool is not empty
Sudden Strike: +1d6 damage when target is denied Dex bonus to AC
Trapfinding

Bearfoot_Adam
10-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Barnabas Crutch
3rd level Thug
Orc
Chaotic Neutral

Str 18
Dex 16
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 8

B.A.B 2
Melee Attack 6
Ranged Attack 5

Fort: 4
Ref: 3
Wil: -1

Initiative: 3

AC: 18

Attacks
MW Bastard Sword +6 1d10+4
Light Mace +5 1d6+2

Feats:
Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword
Two Weapon Fighting
Two weapon Defense

Skills: 20
Knowledge Local 2
Gather Information 3
Intimidate 4
Jump 3
Climb 3
Hide 4
Move Silently 4
Language 1 (Common)

Equipment:
Chain Shirt
MW Bastard Sword
Light Mace
Gauntlet(unidentified)
Helm(unidentified)
New mace (unidentified)
Sap
Heavy Crossbow
20 Bolt

An orc child was purchased as an alchemists slave and brought to the city. The orc was given the name Barnabas. Barnabas grew up as a man servant and body guard. He would follow his master to the dark places of the world to collect his precious ingredients. One evening, while working late Barnabas’s master made a miscalculation that led to his death.
Day’s later members of the guild, after noticing the inactivity, go to ransack the dwelling. In the cellar they discover a starving Barnabas in chains. Now Barnabas is a “company man” as it were serving mostly as an enforcer and leg breaker. He gave himself the surname of Crutch to signify his new profession.

CaptainShar
03-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Updated character sheet at http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=133230.

I'm curious - the Expanded Psionics handbook says that Body Purification heals ability score damage (self only), while the Complete Psionics handbook says that same power heals 1d12 damage. Which is it?

I took Minor Creation as my new power, but still it would be cool to know about that other one.

wizarddog
03-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Complete Psionic has quite a few problems in its text that were never errata by wizards. However, many of the board users did make errata and for that particular power they stated:

The Life Mantle's third level power (Body Purification) states that it heals 1d12 points of damage. That is actually the effect of the Body Adjustment power. The Body Purification power heals 2 points of ability damage.

As such, I would allow you to choose to take either the Body Purification power or the Body Adjustment power. Note that Body Purification only heals ability damage and not ability Drain.

Bearfoot_Adam
05-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Well since we only have one I'll go ahead and save it.

HaeshkaManju
09-19-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=241157

See above link for character sheet.

Character Background:

My first memories are of screaming. I will never know if it was me or others screaming. I was born in some slave pit. Death was a natural part of life's occurrences. At first, I didn't even know better, that I was supposed to fear the pain. The pain came and I learned. With work the pain went away. One moment, for I had no concept of days or nights, a great man stood in brown, leather bearing mace and dagger. He took me from the pits, having slain my tormentors and showed me a better life. With work came reward. With skill, discipline and focus came safety and security. The man raised me to "The Guild" -- an enigmatic entity of beings who worked in unity.

It was not long after reaching adolescence that I was introduced to the priesthood and indoctrinated into the teachings of Saint Rubicon, the one who teaches that everyone must be able to give and take. For every pleasure their must be a pain. With The Guild as my savior and Saint Rubicon as my guide and shepherd, I now heed their calls, for they granted me the possibility of breathing my own life. The Priesthood healed my wounds and fixed me to be a nearly functional member of the city, a city which first cursed me, and now must suffer my presence. The Guild granted me the blessing to rise against the curse. Balance in all things. Fealty to the guild, and a pox upon the city -- hate and vexing curses upon any who would enslave others without their consent.

----
Saint Rubicon --
(*ooc) I am not sure if you already have a saint for Healing and Trickery.

My concept for this saint is a being who offers aid to anyone who asks for it, but is just as equally inclined to trick a dying man into swearing away his most valued possessions for a drink of water.
---

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

If this is too dark -- let me know.

wizarddog
09-19-2010, 12:58 PM
St. Rubicon has always been known to seek refuge in the house of St. Jackdawl, being shunned by the other saints for his wavering loyalty. Priest of St. Rubicon keep themselves at a low profile within the guild, offering their services for coin and providing their fair share of profits to keep the guild masters happy.

The priesthood of St. Rubicon have had a special interest in Tierinak for some time. Tierinak knows their is more going on with the order than they are willing to tell him, for secrets amongst the priest and the gospel of St. Rubicon is hidden from each other. Only the true followers of St. Rubicon, who "discover" the true word of Rubicon, are given the blessing of the saint in pursuit of his ultimate goals. Many secrets had been revealed to Tierinak that no regular clergyman who be exposed to in his lifetime...

In addition, the order has given some of its blessed artifacts to him...
The Wand of St. Rubicon (Wand of Cure Light Wounds) believed to had been one of the six wands he gave to his followers while he walked the earth.
The Blessed Cloak of St. Rubicon (+1 cloak of resistance) believed to a cloak that has been made with incorporating threads from the Saints own robes before he ascended.

[Subtract 1750 from starting gold]

HaeshkaManju
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
3098]
Character Portrait.